Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

some really wierd but awsome music

General Chat
guitarmastergod  
24 Jul 2009 02:09 | Quote
Canada
i heard about one of these bands yesterday and i looked into it more and it seems there is a whole genre to it... its called nintendocore. listen and find out.

bubblegum octopus is my favourite
AlexB  
24 Jul 2009 02:47 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Heard them,not my thing tho,i like weird music,but this is beyond weirdness lol
guitarmastergod  
24 Jul 2009 03:23 | Quote
Canada
oh well i love it. but i love all forms of music, expect blues. it doesnt appeal to me
RA  
24 Jul 2009 09:37 | Quote
United States
it's just techno with some old midi in the intros and then random screaming. and if you like American pop you like the blues there is no opposition
Admiral  
24 Jul 2009 11:45 | Quote
Germany
Lessons: 1
Wow, track 1 and 3 are soo good! I love it, thanks for sharing, weird, but really cool!
case211  
24 Jul 2009 15:15 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
my friend would blast this stuff in class...I always thought he was just playing a game!
guitarmastergod  
24 Jul 2009 16:33 | Quote
Canada
RA says:
it's just techno with some old midi in the intros and then random screaming. and if you like American pop you like the blues there is no opposition.i like wiener

wow... dont be a hater. and i guess u didnt listen to all 3 cause the last one has guitar. its not techno. and dont tell me what i like and dont like cause you dont know me.
Ozzfan486  
24 Jul 2009 16:38 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
I found it quite disturbing to listen to whilst alone.
RA  
24 Jul 2009 17:33 | Quote
United States
I'm not a hater it is just not weird because it is techno just techno don't claim it as something mind breaking and why can't techno have guitar i have a friend that would prove your wrong in a heartbeat, but your right i didn't listen to the last one and it's not really techno so for that i apologizes. and i went and saw Horse the Band twice damn bunnies. but again the first two are techno. if you like American pop you like the blues there is no opposition and what are you like four seriously if i read it right the first time i wouldn't even of dignified you with a response
Gill555  
25 Jul 2009 12:52 | Quote
United States
The last one i thought was the coolest.
AlexB  
25 Jul 2009 13:03 | Quote
Mexico
How can you compare todays american Pop To Blues? its not even near
guitarmastergod  
25 Jul 2009 18:48 | Quote
Canada
ra doesnt know much about music... he thought this was techno, if anything its more electronic.
RA  
25 Jul 2009 23:44 | Quote
United States
@AlexB
American pop(American contemporary popular) is jazz, blues, metal, rock and roll, ect... ect.. ect...
pop merely stands for popular. The confusion comes from there being a genre called pop(not really a real genre just record companies need labels for things) it opposite(have problems with this word but for explanation purposes) would be American classical which would be minimalism, Spectral, Polystylism, Conceptualism, ect.. ect.. If you were to take a music history course in collage a huge section would be called "American pop" hell some even have a course just on American pop. even miles when asked something about jazz he said i don't know nothing about jazz i play social music he saw no real difference between him self and Brittney spears(besides he makes better music) he just takes want he want then leaves the rest. then he left off with "i'm cool" and that why he is my hero.

guitarmastergod says:
he thought this was techno, if anything its more electronic.

*smacks head on table*
http://www.purevolume.com/bubblegumoctopus
*smacks head on table*

@ alexB i found the video it is still up on the tube(damn i hate Bryant Gumbel)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHeYG9SNaS0
StayBabyStay  
26 Jul 2009 00:25 | Quote
Canada
and i guess

I only quoated that to get yer attention
this IS techno. it's just a diffrente gendre of it
it's like Death Metal and Black Metal
they're both metal, but diffrnete types.
you guys were wrong AND right.

it IS techno, but just techno ? no.
RA  
26 Jul 2009 00:28 | Quote
United States
+1 for the new guy
Empirism  
26 Jul 2009 14:51 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
actually these videos you posted is weird for people, because their sounds are 8 bit sounds. Old computers like c64 and such started this "type of music". At these days some people still like the 8 bit sounds (like me) for the reason its kind of nostalgic or some...

anyway... at these days there are also "sid synthesizers" that produce such sounds. One of my big favorites on this genre is machinae supremacy. Check it out.

coleman  
30 Jul 2009 03:51 | Quote
United States
ahhh everything comes from blues and jazz every type of music
JazzMaverick  
30 Jul 2009 04:31 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Blues came from Jazz and Jazz came from Classical; Classical came from Baroque and Baroque came from Renaissance which came from Medieval.

Beats me what came before Medieval... Native stuff with more precussion than anything else.

Actually when I think about the history of music I remember something about bones with holes in them being the first form of a flute... so that could be the start!

The reason for my nonsense babbling is because every genre doesn't come from Blues and Jazz.

Anyway, the midi effects for the songs would make it seem as though it came out before Techno, but it didn't, so I have to agree with Ra and the new guy that this is infact Techno.
Empirism  
30 Jul 2009 10:59 | Quote
Finland
JazzMaverick says:
Blues came from Jazz and Jazz came from Classical!

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. (if I understood right.) Blues as I know was firstly afroamerican spiritual and work vocal music born late in 18th century. Jazz and bluegrass was born based on that.

In my opinion, sounds do not make music genre, midi is only an interface to commands that produce sound. So if song is quite an Heavy metal or rock based, but there is added synthesizers or even these "midi effects" or even Midi synthesizers or 8 bit sounds. It do not make that techno... and definately it not make that blues or jazz... (though I understood your point Jazz :)

and I agree that first 2 videos are more electronic than techno (I know that there are someones who prolly think that "wtf, they same"). Soz I dun have time now to bla bla the difference of those two genres, but anyway...Im off :D

Empirism
RA  
30 Jul 2009 12:33 | Quote
United States
JazzMaverick says:
Blues came from Jazz and Jazz came from Classical; Classical came from Baroque and Baroque came from Renaissance which came from Medieval.

not to be rude and in the most respectful way HUH????????.
Blues was way before jazz and jazz does not come from classical. they uses the same parent mother scales but besides that there nothing alike exception being cross overs, but jazz developed by it's self on blues,country(hillbilly),ragtime, and march. and i wasn't say every genre comes from blues or jazz but if you like American pop you like blues which is based largely on the blues. There is a million more genres then just American music i don't know why the world is so hung up on it(though it is my favorite) There is Latin music one of my favs is the Cuban group, "Buena Vista Social Club" or Indian music North and south. or the many African styles my favorite is western African Kora music

@emp while blues is black American there is not doubt what is strongly always forgotten is the large influence of Celtic music which was called hillbilly/Appalachian music which was renamed to country due to racism. early country(hillbilly) and blues are very very close to each other just when people say blues most think 12 bar Mississippi delta blues which is very different and there is much more to the blues then just the delta. And bluegrass at lest to me is just country caching up. which was ironically giving the death blow by the folk boom and not so much rock and roll. but on that note check out Clarence White and tony rice NOW.

Empirism says:
In my opinion, sounds do not make music genre, midi is only an interface to commands that produce sound. So if song is quite an Heavy metal or rock based, but there is added synthesizers or even these "midi effects" or even Midi synthesizers or 8 bit sounds. It do not make that techno... and definately it not make that blues or jazz... (though I understood your point Jazz :)

i Have the same opinion thats why i freaked when it was called something weird and implied as new. it's not no matter how you spin it. And i guess I'm one of those people who think there the same thing. but I'm not complete ignorant because i thought the main difference was if it was dance nor not dance music and bubblegum octopus list his music as dance and most of his influences are techno orientated, but my main point is not wired and not new just 8-bit
harleyofdoom  
30 Jul 2009 12:45 | Quote
United States
if you like this stuff but want something even more ridiculous with heavier breaks check out Dj Scotch egg it'll make your ears bleed (but in a good way) or if you want something still in the videogame genre but with more guitar n a little less techno check out megadriver
Empirism  
30 Jul 2009 13:00 | Quote
Finland
RA says:
@emp while blues is black American there is not doubt what is strongly always forgotten is the large influence of Celtic music which was called hillbilly/Appalachian music which was renamed to country due to racism. early country(hillbilly) and blues are very very close to each other just when people say blues most think 12 bar Mississippi delta blues which is very different and there is much more to the blues then just the delta. And bluegrass at lest to me is just country caching up. which was ironically giving the death blow by the folk boom and not so much rock and roll. but on that note check out Clarence White and tony rice NOW.!

Cool, much things I didnt knew, that renaming thing was freaky lol. Thanks. I go check those out, thou that Clarence White sound familiar.

Cheers
Empirism
JazzMaverick  
30 Jul 2009 13:33 | Quote
United Kingdom
Seems I mixed up my history. I couldn't remember if it was blues or Jazz that came first. But I do believe a part of Jazz derrived from Classical, Jazz merely bends the rules and experiments differently.

And RA, I know you weren't saying all genres came from blues and Jazz, Coleman was. I couldn't be bothered to quote him because his post was directly above mine.

@Emp, though you hold a good arguement, this music does hold the exact traits as Techno, it's just using old school midi.
Admiral  
30 Jul 2009 17:08 | Quote
Germany
Lessons: 1
Haha, but i have to agree with RA, that profile on purevolume has made me laugh so much. Hilarious
Empirism  
30 Jul 2009 17:59 | Quote
Finland
JazzMaverick says:
@Emp, though you hold a good arguement, this music does hold the exact traits as Techno, it's just using old school midi.!

Musically yes, I know your point. Correction though to midi thing.. These sounds in 2 first videos on thread are Sid, not midi. Sid('s)(Sound interface device) are soundchips designed by MOS technology. These chips was used in old computers like C64 and 128. They contains 3 oscillators which frequency can change between 16hz - 4khz around 8 octaves and use 3 waveforms.

Midi is different because it do not have and it do not produce sound by itself, it is just an interface for data transfer between electronical music devices and computers.

...err...soz for the rambling, but just for the knowledge :)

Empirism
JazzMaverick  
30 Jul 2009 20:26 | Quote
United Kingdom
:) No problem! I'm thirsty for musical knowledge. Thanks for the correction!
guitarmastergod  
31 Jul 2009 00:40 | Quote
Canada
@emp

do you know of any programs that can get these sounds? like the drums or something
patleh  
31 Jul 2009 13:34 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
this is orgasmic
league  
31 Jul 2009 14:05 | Quote
United States
haha I was gonna correct Jazz on the Jazz before Blues thing but it seems like you guys did the job hahaha.

I do not like these sounds but I did like some videogame songs like Street Fighter, Gradius, top Rally and so forth.

@RA I agree that Blues influences pop music today, no doubt.

And I like how you compared Blues and hillbilly definitely some strong similarities.

@Jazzmav from my recollection of my Jazz history class:

1.Jazz was influenced by Classical and Blues/African music.
Both influences are clear:

2.Poly rhythms, collective improvisation, chanting vocals, etc.=African

3.Anything that has minor and major, scales, chords ,etc. is technically derived from classical, although it's influences are strong in Jazz.

Of course the later forms of Jazz had more classical influence than the simple New Orleans band, which is heavily influenced by Blues.
carlsnow  
31 Jul 2009 16:17 | Quote
United States
RA says:
Blues was way before jazz and jazz does not come from classical. they uses the same parent mother scales but besides that there nothing alike exception being cross overs, but jazz developed by it's self on blues,country(hillbilly),ragtime, and march.

what he said!
RA  
1 Aug 2009 00:15 | Quote
United States
JazzMaverick says:
And RA, I know you weren't saying all genres came from blues and Jazz, Coleman was. I couldn't be bothered to quote him because his post was directly above mine.

well now I'm embarrassed. First I'm sorry jazz but I'm even more sorry to Coleman because It seems i Subconsciously just passed it off so i hope you both can forgive me.

league says:
3.Anything that has minor and major, scales, chords ,etc. is technically derived from classical, although it's influences are strong in Jazz.

Of course the later forms of Jazz had more classical influence than the simple New Orleans band, which is heavily influenced by Blues.

for number 3. people like to think that(and i think it is where jazz is getting hung up on) but just because two genres share the same temperament (this being 12 tone equal temperament) doesn't mean there alike. I can go into detail but it's 1:00am right now so maybe latter. But you second statement strikes a nail on the head(but it's not simple). Swing and Dixie is the names your looking for. and then latter classical play a bigger part due to cross overs (mainly collage people stop being snobs/want money and crossover) because if you look at schools in USA most of them have a early history of being one of the first contemporary schools of jazz.
But even with that said classical music did have a influence all along no one can really not say that. but it is so small it's not really worth mentioning because when jazz came about American music was already well into it's own grove(on the pubic level we are excluding rich people) much much much early American music must of had a good classical influence(many Europeans live in USA after all) so it was always there indirectly but did jazz come from it no. any bit of influence is very low at lest to begin with any way
JazzMaverick  
1 Aug 2009 18:05 | Quote
United Kingdom
No worries RA, common mix up. I've done that plenty of times.

As for the Jazz and Classical thing, I just feel that there is a part which is inspired by it, like big bands for example. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like there's too much there to deny the possibility.
Guitarslinger124  
2 Aug 2009 04:27 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
That music sounds like a bad acid trip :).
Empirism  
2 Aug 2009 04:33 | Quote
Finland
Someone could say that Bad Acid Trips are best because you have to face your deepest fears and get free from your chains... err...lol, just heard it through the grapewine.

@Guitarmastergod.
If you are familiar with VST intstruments, there is few free VST SID synthesizers in www.kvraudio.com

that is very good source for other free VST instruments and effects and contain much information commercial VST too.

I had once one standalone SID tracker, but I couldnt find it anywhere and I dun remember the name, thou I post it here if I do.

Cheers!
Empirism
guitarmastergod  
3 Aug 2009 06:25 | Quote
Canada
k thanks ill look at that site also
RelaxedDude  
3 Aug 2009 14:17 | Quote
United States
I laughed out loud when I saw this

Empirism  
3 Aug 2009 15:17 | Quote
Finland
One of my favorites. So clean, so high octave that can be considered as whistle note while so clean... totally amazing.
RelaxedDude  
3 Aug 2009 20:44 | Quote
United States
Yah, dont get me wrong, the song is good

I just didnt expect it at all, haha

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.