Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

The AlexB Interview

Technique
1 2
luthier  
6 Mar 2011 15:52 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Alright everybody, AlexB is the next victim!

I'll be accepting further nominations by PM.

So, without further adeu...adoo... adu... whatever. Let the grilling begin!
btimm  
6 Mar 2011 16:06 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
Yo Alex! I am not sure if the bios auto update, but it says you have only been playing for four years. Yet your playing seems so amazing! How often do you pratice now? And how often before? What would you say is the best way to improve your playing AND understanding of music? What are the essential things to learn specifically for a guitarist? I know this is a lot of questions, but stay with me here. Pizza or Hamburgers?
JustJeff  
6 Mar 2011 18:07 | Quote
United States
Is there a genre of music that still blows your mind (by either the technique, or the emotion in the music)?
gshredder2112  
6 Mar 2011 18:09 | Quote
United States
Licks: 3
hey alex,what is the fastest you haver clocked your playing at?
BodomBeachTerror  
6 Mar 2011 19:12 | Quote
Canada
whats the most amount of taco's youve eaten in one sittin'? When I was down south of the border I think my record was 7.
AlexB  
6 Mar 2011 23:50 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
I had a freaking BIG post,but my computer died,so im going to post a resume of what i wrote:

@BTIMM :

I´ve been playing for 6 years now,i started Feb/2005

I used to practice up to 7 hours a day,too much free time and no friends! nowadays i barely touch my guitar to practice,and i hate that! i dont have time! also gained a lot of weigh (no time for gym) and that sucks!

The best way to improve,is to listen to a lot of music,but not just listen to it,learn from it,learn songs you love,learn their structure,their patterns,their solos,note for note,learn hoy some songs,some notes and some intervals relato to each other between songa (compare songs in E minor,or songs in F# major,they use the same scale,but are not the same song) make guitar playing something natural,learn to think guitar,so when you hear a solo,in your mind you know whats the shape,the intervals inside that shape...is something difficult to explain

Pizza

@Jeff : Nowadays i dont care about technical music anymore,it was fun back in the day,but thats not essential anymore to me,in fact i´ve developed some kind of "hate" to certain virtuoso styles (Jazz/ Fusion and Prog Metal,generic shred/Uber musician stuff)Extreme,complicated jazz compositions do nothing to me,as well as super virtuoso fast prog guitar players,so no technical stuff for me noe

What i look in music now is production,composition,something that really gets me,it can be a pop song with awesome lyrics and music,a nice guitar instrumental,or some hard,Brain melting dancefloor stuff i can rave to,it takes more,way much more to produce a dance hit than to writte a standar hard rocking song,thats why i love stuff like Modern electroniic music,psytrance,electro house,dubstep,those guys ( the good producers) compose,mix,master,get ideas,make impossible sounds,tour the world,make huge $$$$,all with the help of technology in their own studios,thats what i respect from modern musicians. it applies to any genre in fact,but times have changed,and vanguard/innovation is the key to succes.

But if i have to choose,Modern Metal Bands really bring the bar higher and higher everytime! Soilwork,Meshuggah,Periohery,Bulb,guys are insane!

@GS i dont remember exactly,but i think it was 4 notes per click @ 250 or something like that,wish i could do that again!

@BBT thats a good question,i think it was somethig around 20-25,not standar size tacos,eat anything you can for 5 bucks! daaaamn
gshredder2112  
7 Mar 2011 00:48 | Quote
United States
damn alex thats somethn to be proud of i can do,4 per click at around 220 so i guess i better hit the gym so to speak.

anyway any tips for a gud electronica guitar tone?
Phip  
7 Mar 2011 05:12 | Quote
United States
Alex,
I really dig the effort you put into each of your vids! You obviously are pursuing "the dream". What original music do you currently have for sale, where can it be found, what is your strategy to promote yourself?
Phip
Admiral  
7 Mar 2011 08:46 | Quote
Germany
AlexB says:
@BBT thats a good question,i think it was somethig around 20-25,not standar size tacos,eat anything you can for 5 bucks! daaaamn

Oh boy, i so want to live in mexico.

Its maybe a strange question, but when you are working on your tracks, how do you know when a track is ready and your done with it? Is there a certain criteria when you know: "Yeah, thats it, I'm done!"?
AlexB  
7 Mar 2011 09:44 | Quote
Mexico
Tone is a really subjective topic,to me,the best tone is the one that really fits in the context of the piece you are playing. Figure out in your mind what you want,and then use your tools to reach your tone

The most important tool you have is your ability to hesr,your ears are your best friends.

So a good,clean defined tone ( clean or distorted) always works on Electronic Music,check out this track

Deeply Disturbed - Infected REMIX

Phip

Thanks! Right now i only have one production on sale,atrack i did with a portuguese producer,its psytrance.

Unbeatable - Inix vs Alex Berserker

I had one album with my band,but it was neveer done,i recorded it when i was 17,the tracks are a blast! I must re record them.

I am working producing music for tv,also recording my own music for a chillout/psybient EP thats going to be released on Power & Emotion records (Israel), im also working on an acoustoc guitar oriented album,i just need time to finish the compositions and record it!

I also appear as guitar player with a lot of electronic acts,playing for free in exchange of getting my name on it,that way i can get more known in the industry,my time will come!

I have 3 main bands and my solo projects.
AlexB  
7 Mar 2011 09:47 | Quote
Mexico
Admiral:

I never satisfied with a song,but,i hear on my mind what i want,and when i reach a point where it sounds similar to what i want,i work on it until its near perfect,something weird to explain
JazzMaverick  
7 Mar 2011 10:01 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
@ Alex,

What is the most important aspect of music for you? And how do you plan on achieving it as a musician?
Empirism  
7 Mar 2011 14:11 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
What is your favorite style of traditional music style of your country?
AlexB  
7 Mar 2011 19:42 | Quote
Mexico
Jazzy

There are 2 important things i look into music,The ability to Innovate and the ability to make me feel things i dont feel usually

Thats why i dont like generic stuff a lot,generic jazz,generic metal,generic electronic music,bleh! i need special stuff! and i try to do special stuff so people can enjoy and feel like i feel when i hear something really oool

Emp

Mariachi for sure! You cant beat a guitar playing,horse riding lonely pistolero that every girl falls for,damn i want to be one of those cliches
btimm  
7 Mar 2011 19:52 | Quote
United States
Is Berserker really your last name?
luthier  
7 Mar 2011 19:52 | Quote
United States
Dang... I think if I grow the right stache I can pass for a Mariachi band member... I SHALL TRY! xD

What was your first guitar Alex?
Admiral  
7 Mar 2011 20:38 | Quote
Germany
Which car would you buy if you had the money? and why?
macandkanga  
7 Mar 2011 20:48 | Quote
United States
Hey Alex,

Who are your greatest influences: bands, guitarists, and people in general?
AlexB  
7 Mar 2011 23:37 | Quote
Mexico
Nah,berserker is just a stage name,ppl started recognizing me that way because my band was called Berserker

Bur exactly today i was thinking of other names also involving the B,any ideas?

My first guitar was an el cheapo mexican mini guitar,dang it rocks! i will post a pic soon! i was like 3!

My first real guitar was an Ibanez GIO starter pack,i love it,the single coils on it are great and it plays really well!

i would get one of those

Greatest influences?? daaaamn!

Guitar Players:

Paul Gilbert
John Petrucci
Vinnie Moore
Carlos Santana
Steve Vai
Eric Clapton
Marty Friedman
Guthrie Govan

way too many to name them! every single player i've heard ive learned a lot from them

Bands:

Infected Mushroom
The Eagles
Racer X
Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
MR BIG
Bizzare Contact
C.P.U
Bliss
SHPONGLEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AGAIN,TOO MANY!!

but the reason i started liking music is my biggest inspiration i think

Michael Jackson
Phip  
8 Mar 2011 05:47 | Quote
United States
Alex,
Do you have a mentor?
Phip
btimm  
8 Mar 2011 06:13 | Quote
United States
No different names! Berserker is awesome.
Phip  
8 Mar 2011 09:04 | Quote
United States
btimm says:
No different names! Berserker is awesome.

I agree. If it works keep it. But..............(there's always a but)

how about this.............
Alex Blood

First album "A/B negative"
Second album "A/B positive"
Third album "Alex Blood-Plasma infusion"
Fourth album "Alex Blood-Red Cells"

huh? yeah! I LIKE IT
LOL
Phip
Phip  
8 Mar 2011 09:29 | Quote
United States
If you could play in the "dream band" who would be in it?
What would be the playlist for the night?
Phip
gshredder2112  
8 Mar 2011 11:18 | Quote
United States
very creative @phip

@alexblood,favorite chord evar?
jcb3000  
8 Mar 2011 11:41 | Quote
United Kingdom
Do you have any snappy catchphrases that you use on a daily basis? If not, what would you use as one?
luthier  
8 Mar 2011 12:54 | Quote
United States
Alex, what's your favorite guitar solo from any song?

Btw everybody. If no one sends me nominations I'll just have to pick people myself (which I dont wanna do xD) so please send me some!
btimm  
8 Mar 2011 13:23 | Quote
United States
I nominate GuitarSlinger124 and JazzMaverick, no particular order.

Or, you could have the current interviewee pick someone.
AlexB  
8 Mar 2011 15:57 | Quote
Mexico
Phip

If by mentor you mean ateacher or someone thats instructs me anytime,no,i dont,the closest thing to that i have is Erez Eisen,keyboard player from Infected Mushroom and Telmo Serrano from the INIX project. I've learned a lot from them.

Dream Band

I think my dream band is Shpongle or Infected Mushroom,being the guitar player for them is my impossible dream!

But if i had to make a band

Drums -Gavin Harrison
Bass - John Myung ( the guy can play! And he doesnt want to be the main attraction! Thats a real bass player)
Keys - Erez Eisen
Vocals - Michele Adamson/Amit Duvedevani (stage presence factor)
Guitars - Joy Basu and Me (Bomb!!)

Full on electronic music with progressive metal musicianship and a well rounded show,daaaamn i want that!

Favourite chord:

X

I dont know how its called,but i lve playing that chord with a bright clean tone,wide and defined chorus and delay on big venues,one of my songs is based on that chord,one of my best i would say,when you hear that chord,you know AlexB is in the house ;)

Snappy catchphrase?? Hmmm i have tons! In fact,AlexBerserker is a living form up stsge and down the stage,many of those phrases are only funny,enoyable in a mexican way of thinking ( due to cultural cliches over here,mexico is one of the most amazing and at the same time one of the most horrible cultures in the world)

So yeah,its kinda indescriptible the way i live on a daily basis,i tend to be a "padrote" too cool for school guy with an " i dont care" attitude,black/ sarcastic humour,some say imm enjoyable,some say i should be an actor,some dont care

I tend to call every guy i meet "Gallo"

"hey Gallo,wazzaap"

Weird i know

Favourite guitar solo?!?! Pppffff

Tornado of souls
Comfortably Numb
Mother
Time

Damn gilmour is truly a god,i love pink floyd
MoshZilla1016  
8 Mar 2011 16:34 | Quote
United States
Licks: 19
Have you had any guitar lessons or have you taught yourself?
BTW that chord is a Dbm9 1-5-9-7-b3.
AlexB  
8 Mar 2011 23:07 | Quote
Mexico
I took lessons for the first year,after that i went solo :)
MoshZilla1016  
9 Mar 2011 07:48 | Quote
United States
What equipment is in the new studio?
What instruments (real or virtual) do you use?
Awesome sound on the last video!!
btimm  
9 Mar 2011 08:09 | Quote
United States
Can you put up some pictures of your studio?
JustJeff  
9 Mar 2011 08:23 | Quote
United States
What is one thing about your playing you wish you could fix/do better/get rid of?

What is one thing about your playing you think sets you apart from the thousands and thousands of other guitarists out there?
tinyskateboard  
9 Mar 2011 17:34 | Quote
United States
Are there any microbrews in your area? I heart beer.
JazzMaverick  
9 Mar 2011 19:20 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
@Tiny
I know this isn't my interview, but I have an Ale club in my town :O The brew is heaven... and MEAD!!! That beverage is on a whole new level of heaven! I highly recommend it! :D

@ Alex,

Yeah man, thanks for that answer, I agree with you 100% and it's great that you're going off and doing something so new and unique. I think you would really like this musician...

His name is Duncan Black

I dunno if I've shown him to anyone before... but he's a really cool dude and he has very similar views as you man!

Tell me what you think! :D
Phip  
10 Mar 2011 08:22 | Quote
United States
Alex,
Mexico City is a big town (over a million people?). How tough is the competition to get gigs? Can you give us a "feel" of what the music scene is like there? I would imagine there is (like anywhere else) a great deal of variety but where do you like to hang out when you want to see new bands? How late do the bars stay open there? Can you put up some pictures of your favorite clubs?
Phip
btimm  
10 Mar 2011 08:43 | Quote
United States
According to one link I looked at, Mexico City is actually the 3rd largest city in the world, behidn only Tokyo and Seoul. I knew it was huge, but was surprised it was bigger than Mumbai. The population of Mexico City was listed at 20,450,000.
AlexB  
10 Mar 2011 13:06 | Quote
Mexico
Mosh,wich video you mean? The metal one?

Ill post pics later

Studio

Dell computer,Core i7, 12GB RAM, 2 Terabytes hard drive.
Dynadio BM6A MKII Monitors
Presonus StudioLive Mixer
TC Electronic's Impact Twin Interface
Axiom 61 midi controller
Akg And Shure Mics

Intruments

All my guitars
Peavey Bass from 1979
**load of VSTi's,really,a lot,but my favs are the Komplete bundle,the Spectrasonics ones,Discovery DSP,Superior Drummer,and i plan to get a Nord Lead 2x soon

@Jeff

Wish i was faster! Lol,wish my playing was more articulated,if i practiced like i used to pactice before,i would be a freaking guitar monster

My best aspect is that i consider myself a good songwritter,personally i think i dont fit in the common guitar hero stereotype,that shredder that just shreds,my music is always aimed at higuer places

Ill repond the others later im late!
MoshZilla1016  
10 Mar 2011 13:41 | Quote
United States
Yeah man the metal video is awesome. IMO you are a freaking guitar monster right now. On your way to becoming a BEAST! ;)
Empirism  
11 Mar 2011 00:32 | Quote
Finland
Your trademark is just perfected guitar sound, have you any "work order" how you build your guitar sounds. What could be the AlexB signature effectchain? :D

Emp
1 2

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.