Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Feedback? Please:)

Music and Bands
LedZeppRox13  
6 Nov 2010 21:26 | Quote
I just recently played a small gig and this time i played guitar, i would really like to get some feedback on how i did so i can improve:) Thanks. (the second solo i messed up badly, but oh well...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ELWOomxzg8
Admiral  
6 Nov 2010 22:03 | Quote
Germany
Lessons: 1
Honestly: Girls playing guitars are always awesome! ^^
but you probably should work a bit on the solo section (more vibrato, hitting the notes more accurately, etc) except that it was awesome!
EMB5490  
6 Nov 2010 22:07 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
I love your singer haha she rocks haha

yeah id work on your solos, try to work some of those licks out... Take it slower and build it up

But the band was tight.
LedZeppRox13  
6 Nov 2010 22:28 | Quote
Thanks, i appreciate it:) ill keep workin at it!
Guitarslinger124  
7 Nov 2010 01:12 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
I'd say, HAVE MORE FUN ONSTAGE! You kind of looked like a robot. Your playing was good and I saw no problems with the leads. But loosen up a bit man. Playing live is way different from playing in the studio. If you loosen up, your playing will improve 100%.

Rock on!
MoshZilla1016  
7 Nov 2010 07:11 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 4
Licks: 19
I thought it was good. Like GS said loosen up a little. You noticed your mistakes, that's good. Most of the audience don't notice mistakes, that's better. Just keep going when you make one. Overall it was pretty good. Good timing.
Ozzfan486  
7 Nov 2010 08:06 | Quote
United States
I thought it was pretty good. Yeah, the mistakes were there but like mentioned before, most people don't even notice. I mess up solos with my bands too, nobody cares. I think one thing that would really help though is practicing standing up. Just get used to how the guitar feels that way, maybe go check out a mirror if you want to work on the whole "image" aspect. But yeah, overall I thought it was really cool. It's nice to see a girl that's relatively my age that isn't into screamo or Lil' Wayne haha.

Nice job,
Ozz
Mistaluke  
7 Nov 2010 10:14 | Quote
that was awesome.. :)
BodomBeachTerror  
7 Nov 2010 10:20 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
I would say try to smoothen oout the transitions between the solo's and the rhythms, its tricky to do without sounding choppy and sloppy, but with some practice i bet you could do it.

Good job, i enjoyed it ^_^
Empirism  
7 Nov 2010 10:21 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
I think if Ive been there in audience with drinks, Ive enjoyed what Ive heard...and watched. That was cool and your playing was very self confident, just perfect it up. Cheers!
macandkanga  
11 Nov 2010 19:48 | Quote
United States
Yeah you rocked! But if it's feedback you want, feedback you will get! Like GS says, you need to loosen up a bit. You can do this with two things: confidence and have fun! Your ability is there so have confidence in it. I used to blur out the audience and play like I was by myself! The more confidence I had, the more fun I had and the better my performance was.

Again though, you were great!

P.S. Love that LP!
case211  
11 Nov 2010 21:21 | Quote
United States
Licks: 6
Very nice! I have to point out just like the other guys have said, you look a bit "stiff" up there XD if you loosen up and just do your thing like no one is watching or you are playing for a stadium crowd, you'd be amazed at the results you can get out of your playing and the audiences reaction to your energy :) Don't worry though! that's not something that everyone can do immediately(took me a while to get over my initial fear of playing in front of people at all...and it's still there somewhat hah)

I noticed that the transitions into the solos were a bit "cut" and a tad "abrupt". One way to get around that initial transition is to try to slide into the solo from the chord you are on or maybe hold the chord just a hair longer then launch into "Rock Star Mode \m/ \m/" hehe
If I was there I would have honestly enjoyed the performance it was a solid rendition :D
One thing that might help with getting used to playing standing up and such might be to stand up and play in your room and thrash about like you would if you were playing for 15,000 people(day dream i guess haha)
I still do that and it helps me get used to the different movements from sitting down and recording to standing up, rocking out, head banging, and playing ha

Keep it up though!! You've got TONS of potential :)
LedZeppRox13  
11 Nov 2010 21:37 | Quote
Thanks guys so much! :) im glad i can come here for some good advice. it really helps.
case211  
12 Nov 2010 10:28 | Quote
United States
Licks: 6
hey, don't sweat it. There's a reason this is the best community on the interwebs :) haha
tinyskateboard  
12 Nov 2010 14:55 | Quote
United States
Great job. That opening chord seems like a real stretch, what is it?

On the critique side, you sre holding that chord in advance, instead of finding it a second before you start to play. That contributes to you not looking relaxed.
LedZeppRox13  
12 Nov 2010 15:59 | Quote
thanks:) its just a 12 bar blues in G. So im playing a G5 to a G6.

and thanks for the advice about before i start, ive never thought of that:)

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.