Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Empirism - Galleon

Music and Bands
Empirism  
6 Oct 2009 16:13 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4

Ive been lacking any inspiration for some time now... my tinnitus is getting worse, or atleast its been very bad recently. I was try to do something different (again :) because I think this goin to be my last for a while, its quite crappy but atleast its something.
Im seriously considering to take a break from playing, music, noises...everything...my life is like a galleon.

Aye, changed my songhost to soundclick so im testing this a bit. If some new guys wanna check my past recordings they can be found
www.purevolume.com/spart

Cheers!
Empirism
case211  
6 Oct 2009 16:40 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
I liked it man, it sounded really kind of out there... sounds like something you might hear in a Tarantino flick like Pulp Fiction.

Really great playing though man, I really liked the track alot.
and tinnitus sucks, hopefully yours doesn't get worse.
Phip  
6 Oct 2009 18:07 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Emperism,
I REALLY enjoyed that! (as i enjoy all your songs). Nice work. you put a lot of work into the backing track and i liked it (bongos) MORE COWBELL!!!! I'm going to be saddened if you have to give up your music. I'm hoping you'll find some relief from this nightmare. (if you happen to be taking vitamin E....STOP). Thanks for putting this song up. And I will be sending you some positive "waves"!
PHIP
Hey you didn't sing on this one! :(
AlexB  
6 Oct 2009 19:27 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Yeah Nice One Man!! i like the beat! Dont give up! music is not a walk in the park always,but it can be if it comes from the heart,keep going on!
BodomBeachTerror  
6 Oct 2009 22:05 | Quote
Canada
Licks: 1
that was sweet, i didnt know Fins could make spanish music
carlsnow  
7 Oct 2009 07:43 | Quote
United States
NIce!!! Prob My Fav tune heard on AGC!!

you RAWK!
JustJeff  
7 Oct 2009 14:25 | Quote
United States
Great use of the drums! Love it.

My only problem with it is the effects on the guitar... it sounds so artificial :( I would play around with some effects on the rhythm and try to make it sound a bit brighter, instead of so dull :/

Great work!!
telecrater  
7 Oct 2009 15:31 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
Hell yeah' this is cool

Drums really kick it but the guitar has a kind of Spanish feel to it. I love it very artistic, I love it…..Give me more…
Empirism  
8 Oct 2009 01:41 | Quote
Finland
Nice, thanks all for feedbacks. Glad you liked it guys. Seems that you liked it more than I even expected.

@Case
Hmm, actually Im huge fan of Tarantino :D, maybe I got some inspiration there :).

@Phip
I dont think I give up the music, but I think its time for break. My band have no warm training place during winter, so we have to put it on hold during winter. I think I just need silence and do something totally different, gather ideas and experiences when healing myself.

@JustJeff
Hmm, theres actually not much effects on rhythm guitar, but I pump the mids in equalizer... your ears a gold man, and I really pay attention your words when it comes to acoustic sounds and music. I see what I can do for it, my only worry is that if I make it brighter it could loose some "smooth" in the soundscene... but lets see what can be done.

@tele
glad you like it m8, haha its probably artistic, because I lack of music knowledge XD... I have to try counter that someway :)

OH! wtf is happening :D... just went to updating my profile there in soundclick, I didnt even noticed that there are some Charts in there. This one is

# 133 in Rock out of 186,384 songs
# 28 in Instrumental Rock out of 24,203 songs

This looks bit overhelming :)
JazzMaverick  
8 Oct 2009 08:04 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Awesome Empirism! This gets me going! I'm loving the drums. You've improved a lot and it's terrific seeing the fast improvement! I can't wait to hear more from you.
case211  
8 Oct 2009 08:06 | Quote
United States
@emp

dude that song is rippin! that's why its so far up on the charts :)
And have you seen "inglourious basterds" yet?
Empirism  
8 Oct 2009 12:08 | Quote
Finland
@Jazz, yeah.. before I came here...darn, is it over two years now... I had no idea of modes, my technique was totally crappy, it is still, but I feel much confortable with pick now... even this song is not played with pick. But I practised it quite a lot. I dont know, I feel that only with chatting with you guys and reading other posts here is enough to have improvement. I cant but thank you all.

@Case
Not yet, not yet... but soon I will ;)
case211  
8 Oct 2009 12:11 | Quote
United States
It is awesome, I loved it!
Plus they speak German, French, English, and "Italian"(Brad Pitt, ahhh that was good).

Well, when you do, the movie is amazing
Empirism  
10 Oct 2009 02:17 | Quote
Finland
Yeah Case, just seen this jewel, darn it is close that it become my favorite or very close with pulp fiction and desperado!. Just cool, Bradd and Tarantino, nothing can goes wrong.

And the music there again!, Tarantino's taste is... well brilliant.
Heather  
10 Oct 2009 08:14 | Quote
United Kingdom
I like! Emp I've listened to this more than once :) I love it, nice beat and very nice guitar. Don't give up! You have an amazing talent, if you get tired and need a break to get that spark back fair enough, but don't ever stop! I know you must enjoy it to get this good. That's what matters.
case211  
10 Oct 2009 10:31 | Quote
United States
@emp

I loved Pitt's Italian speaking! that had me rolling! It's a close call between Pulp Fiction and The Basterds for me, I love them both :D
AlexB  
10 Oct 2009 12:37 | Quote
Mexico
I love Desperado's trilogy !! Haha
Empirism  
11 Oct 2009 06:56 | Quote
Finland
@Heather

Thanks for the encouraging, yeah.. I enjoy it, even its my curse.. theres nothing compare what music and expressing with instrument gives to me, but like Alex said that music is not walk in the park... when I got this far, only just to realizing it. My technique needs much work to be done still, but now I feel comfortable for to getting close to my first goal. Stay on the rhythm, focus on the beat. Even that needs a bit more focusing, but im getting there. (one goals in this song, was push my limits on that, even its simple rythm, but it have rich beat)

And you know, this is first thing where player should aim for. Nothing else is not important expect the dexterity and strenght. So now, when Ive done all wrong, but I had good time doing things wrong XD...anyway... now I decided to do my homeworks. Im starting to take daily (or atleast I try to have time) practise routine for four group excersises to build up my strenght, muscle memory and fingerings. I think its time for that now... I realized... there is no shortcut.

@Alex
Hell yeah!! Rodriquez is the man... Ive not seen the second part, but just bought once upon a time in mexico, just have to save it to right time to watch... you know... mood is everything :D.

AlexB  
11 Oct 2009 14:23 | Quote
Mexico
i just saw The **s One yesterday,amazing movie!! =D

Emp,By the way,i was playing one of my songs a few seconds ago,it was almost done,and then your track started,and sounded like a cool DJ set,they were the same tempo and perfectly in sync...lol
Empirism  
13 Oct 2009 09:19 | Quote
Finland
Haha Alex. Too bad if you didnt get it recorded. Could be hot stuff in fridays Rave party XD
Guitarslinger124  
14 Oct 2009 12:55 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
Very chill man. I can dig...my beer likes it too :) rock on.
Empirism  
15 Oct 2009 06:54 | Quote
Finland
@Guitarslinger

Cheers Thanks m8. Maybe im goin to bit heavier stuff next time :)...
J05H  
15 Oct 2009 19:07 | Quote
United States
it sounds exotic
Evan  
15 Oct 2009 19:10 | Quote
United States
Fine tune, man. The fake drums at the beginning was a bad idea, though.
Empirism  
16 Oct 2009 16:37 | Quote
Finland
Cool, thanks for the feedbacks :). Yeah, beginning could be little rough. I just recorded the stuff and left the intro and much mixing or finetune away of whole song. Its so long process and I want to play :) if I can... so it have to put on side for a moment :P
fender_bender  
16 Oct 2009 17:14 | Quote
United States
I like it. It has feeling and emotion in it that a lot of players lack. My wife is sitting across the room and she said, "Hey thats pretty good!" We've been listening to a lot of the music on here. There are a few timing issues, but good all in all. My cats didn't run out of the room like they do when I play my music, lol!
Empirism  
17 Oct 2009 18:35 | Quote
Finland
Cool, thanks for the reply fb. Yeah timing is the thing I try to get in shape. One problem could be that I dont actually write my songs, I just improvise the melodies and solos.

thats because Im not aiming to any career or something like that. (I just found it very fun and I think it improve creativity)...I dont know, I believe that sometimes I dont think fast enough or something like that and miss the tempo or rhythm.

But glad you two like it... and your cats :P
fender_bender  
19 Oct 2009 13:58 | Quote
United States
If that's done 'on the fly' then that's even better! Kudos to you!

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.