Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Stage Names.

General Chat
neomass1  
26 Jun 2011 04:02 | Quote
United States
You have one? I was given the names Mad Scientist for my crazy Keyboard skills and Experimental guitar work.
luthier  
26 Jun 2011 08:32 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
I've like randomly thought of names that I'd like to use but I always foget them haha.
BodomBeachTerror  
26 Jun 2011 09:36 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
I go by the moniker "The Raccoonteur"
DanielM  
26 Jun 2011 11:18 | Quote
United Kingdom
quiugmmgolopopkjlsdfjiuui

Although that's too much for most people so they just call me the artist formerly known as Daniel.
gshredder2112  
26 Jun 2011 11:33 | Quote
United States
Licks: 3
My dad is machine gun. I am Jake.E or Red shorts(dont ask)
>_<

\M/(*-+)
gs2112
thatguitarguy  
26 Jun 2011 13:32 | Quote
United States
Me and my cousin made up a joke band so that we could make fun of bands like kiss and grind core crap. We came up with some weird stuff.
I shall paint a picture.
My cousin- stage name: wolfman jenkins, Costume: wolf mask he got for halloween and a goat on his hand that he often gets distracted by named goat cheese.

Me: Stage name: baren von que-que, Costume: a bunch of tin foil raped around my head, a cape, and whats left of a really bad, narled up black wig.

fun stuff.
Domigan_Lefty  
26 Jun 2011 19:46 | Quote
United States
Sarge/Sergeant (Jrotc related stuff), D6, DL, Guitar Guy, Tall Person (everyone else is short), Navy (because of my hat/Military Preference)

Which is used depends on who I'm with and whether or not I'm wearing a hat.
AlexB  
26 Jun 2011 23:53 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Im Alex Berserker my real name is...

SPOILER

Guillermo Alejandro Vàzquez Cortès DeLeon

Direct Descendant from Hernan Cortes
V3N0M3333  
28 Jun 2011 10:02 | Quote
United States
Licks: 15
V3N0M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-venom
macandkanga  
28 Jun 2011 12:40 | Quote
United States
I was called Jack. Short for Jack of all trades but excels at none.
case211  
28 Jun 2011 14:05 | Quote
United States
Licks: 6
I use Case211 for my solo music but I don't use it as my stage name. Never really liked the idea of a false identity onstage honestly.
gx1327  
29 Jun 2011 12:51 | Quote
United States
i think you are overreacting on "false identity". a lot of times performers must transform themselves on stage in order to put on an entertaining show. also, we live in an age with the internet and instant recognition, not much is left "private". i personally value some privacy in my life, that's why if you search for my name on facebook you won't find me. i use a fake name. all my friends know who i am, and that's what matters. not like i'm famous, but i AM personal friends with a WWE wrestler. i went to high school with him, and he made it big wrestling (no joke!). his wrestling name is evan bourne, and i know his real name, but his facebook page has a fake name. why? because he has a private life and a public life.

anyway back to music, one that comes to mind is karen O of the yeah yeah yeahs. in interviews she is very quiet and almost mousy, soft spoken and cool headed. when she performs as "karen O" she is crazy. it's a transformation that takes place. peformers need to transform in order to put on an entertaining show. whether you call that "false identity" or not is up to you.
case211  
29 Jun 2011 12:53 | Quote
United States
Dunno how I happen to be overreacting with that. I'm merely stating that I personally don't want to have two separate names.
I get that some people value their privacy and I respect that wholly, but for me, I like to have people know just who it is that is annoying them next door ;) hehe
Phip  
29 Jun 2011 13:30 | Quote
United States
"Natural Male Enhancement"
because when I'm on stage I have nothing to hide
3, 2, 1...............

I WISH!
Phipster
gx1327  
30 Jun 2011 11:22 | Quote
United States
case211 says:
Dunno how I happen to be overreacting with that

well you called it a "false identity" which sort of implies that someone using a stage name is being deceitful or dishonest to their fans. granted that might not have been your intention but this is just text so there's no voice intonation or body language so i don't exactly know what you meant.

but when i read "false identity" in text i think of someone who is in some way hiding who they are.

and in some cases, they kind of are. but in a good way.
case211  
30 Jun 2011 12:30 | Quote
United States
Yeah I get that. Thus is the problem with the internet. Many things get taken the wrong way when really they shouldn't(but there is no way to know, since you can't hear them say it).
As you may know, I'm a huge fan of thrash metal. A big reason is because no one really used stage names. I like the "this is who I am" approach to it.
I agree that some people need to have the Jeckyl/Hyde thing going on. Calm, cool, collected person back stage, and a \m/ Rock Star \m/ on the stage. Just never really got into the idea of having an "alter ego" for that stuff, though I do act differently when I get the chance to show off ;) heh
In any case, the stage name idea isn't for everyone.
Just to hopefully clear this up a bit; I would consider a stage name to be a "false identity" because(not in a negative way) in essence, it is... to me.
I mean they aren't trying to deceive anybody from what they do, they just need a different name and personality to get up in front of people to do what they do. Which I can understand the idea of not opening ones self up so much on a personal level with strangers. I've never been that way(I get along with many kinds of people), so I don't feel the need to have one. But then again, my ego is roughly the same size as my hair XD haha jk
coleman  
2 Jul 2011 04:46 | Quote
United States
i have an mc name it's Coleman Eating Oreos.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.