The Jazz Maverick Interview

Technique
1 2
JustJeff  
1 Apr 2011 08:25 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Do you have any goals to accomplish this year musically?
tinyskateboard  
1 Apr 2011 11:49 | Quote
United States
Do you prefer pick or fingerstyle? Or do one more than the other.
JazzMaverick  
1 Apr 2011 15:17 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Should do, I'll just have to record something sometime soon.

@ Jeff, five years I see myself working for Sony (hopefully!) And also finishing my Anime :) (which includes making the soundtrack to it)

This year I want to have learned a few of my all time favourite songs along with really hitting the books, trying to study as much as possible so I can see, myself, just how far I've gone.

(nerdy I know)

@Skater, I use a technique called "Hybrid Technique" I've actually written a lesson on it. Anyway it's the only way I roll. Also in my opinion - the best way. :)
nullnaught  
1 Apr 2011 15:20 | Quote
I think nerdy is cool. Books are wonerduful.. As long as they are non-fiction. IMO
MoshZilla1016  
1 Apr 2011 15:41 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 4
Licks: 19
What is the most unusual thing to happen to you while playing live?
Phip  
1 Apr 2011 15:48 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
@ Jazzy,
LOLOLOL Maple is the best! It's got that nice sweet aftertaste. Now after polishing off half a maple tree finish this sentence......
"If I could be Emperism for just one day"..........................

Phip
Empirism  
1 Apr 2011 16:18 | Quote
Finland
Phip! you know that it leads to danger!, how you dare to lure innocent girls to that kind of trap. Many didnt came back of that trip!! Theyve gone trapped into mindless surrealistic false reality and YOU, you lure innocent girls there without WARNING THEM!...Ashtonishing! Scandalous! XD
JazzMaverick  
1 Apr 2011 16:26 | Quote
United Kingdom
hahahaha Oh god how to answer this! --- I CHOOSE LIFE!!!---

I'd probably have the best hangover of my life! I'd feel like limitless. :D
MoshZilla1016  
1 Apr 2011 16:45 | Quote
United States
MoshZilla1016 says:
Acoustic, electric or semi-hollow?
You can use only 1 effect, which one?

MoshZilla1016 says:
What is the most unusual thing to happen to you while playing live?

??????????????????????NEVERMIND!
JazzMaverick  
1 Apr 2011 20:38 | Quote
United Kingdom
Whoa chill dude - didn't mean to miss you out there man! I had no intention to elicit an emotional response... It was a true mistake.

Regarding your questions...

Lately I've been playing Acoustic - so I'll choose that. And if I was only allowed on effect it would probably be delay. :)

Most unusual thing to happen to me... erm... I dunno... one of the other band's guitar player was an idiot... loved my guitar and was messing with it while I was performing a song, so when I went to change to my next guitar and carry on playing live... I noticed he DETUNED my guitar! Skillz right there man. I was pretty furious.

But that's about the extent of my exciting stuff on stage. Nothing else has really happened other than quite simply performing.
gshredder2112  
1 Apr 2011 20:47 | Quote
United States
Licks: 3
@ moshzilla man dude bro brotha,are you joking?

@jazzy if you had a death note book,whose namwe wud you write in it?

*note i teally need to stp askn u death note related questions,oh well xp

Brigadier general gs2112
JazzMaverick  
1 Apr 2011 23:45 | Quote
United Kingdom
@GShred, I wouldn't. I don't want a Shinigami owning me when I die, I'd rather be happy.
nullnaught  
1 Apr 2011 23:53 | Quote
What is jazzys favorite tv and movie shows? If any.
MoshZilla1016  
2 Apr 2011 10:23 | Quote
United States
Sorry Jazz, guess I did kinda over-react. I just wondered what did i do to p.....ssss you off. I you do start a death note book you can put me at the top of the list
Admiral  
2 Apr 2011 11:00 | Quote
Germany
Lessons: 1
MoshZilla1016 says:
??????????????????????NEVERMIND!

I actually thought that was pretty funny, knowing the irony behind it :D Mosh would never mean that in a bad way guys! "relaxxx, jah rastafari peopl'" hehe

If you could be one person for a day who would it be?

Do you know a good joke?
BodomBeachTerror  
2 Apr 2011 12:15 | Quote
Canada
Licks: 1
Is there any kind of music that you hate? (Rebecca black doesn't even count)
JazzMaverick  
2 Apr 2011 12:42 | Quote
United Kingdom
@ Mosh, no worries man, no hard feelings.

@ Admiral, hmm... that's a tough one... If they HAD to be real... then maybe Simon from Xfactor... so I can run around naked - do idiotic things and maybe punch someone in live TV just so he can get fired for being such a jerk.

If it didn't have to be someone real, then I'd be Superman - simply so I can travel to the far reaches of the universe (using my super fast ultra amazing speed skills, yo) And discover things that no one else has discovered yet! Maybe even find new life! :O

A good joke...

A man walks into a bar... that was dumb wasn't it?

Funny video for you all... erm... apologies for anyone who's offended by this. Too bad we don't have "spoiler" html.

Er... DO NOT WATCH if you are under 18... Please click "Yes" if you are over 18...

"Yes" ... "No, I am not 18"

@ BBT, Rebecca Black is dead to me. Emb was lucky to make it out alive introducing that to the forum! haha.

I hate everything about 50 Cent, don't think I've ever hated any other musician more than him. He shouldn't even be included as a musician... I lothe him with every fiber of my being!.
Empirism  
2 Apr 2011 12:57 | Quote
Finland
Jazzy! YOU ARE MY KIND OF A WOMAN!!! ... Now I know what beer I choose next time...
BodomBeachTerror  
2 Apr 2011 13:07 | Quote
Canada
Licks: 1
you wonder how they got away with such an ad
Guitarslinger124  
2 Apr 2011 13:37 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
OK, OK, OK...

Pick the question that describes you best.

White or black?
Black or white?
Black and White?
Everything inbetween?
Or, Everything on the outside?
JazzMaverick  
2 Apr 2011 16:55 | Quote
United Kingdom
@ Emp - it's Irish! They can ALWAYS get away with it! haha

@ BBT, actually it's been banned in a few countries.

HOWEVER - I am not, nor will ever be that girl - I just found it funny. :)

o.O wtf haha GS not a clue! That doesn't even describe me. Everything In between I'll go for. :)

nullnaught  
2 Apr 2011 17:26 | Quote
If people wore clothes only for warmth and did not wear clothes when it was warm enough this would be a better planet to live on.

Jazzy do you practice classical pieces on piano and which songs if you do?
JazzMaverick  
2 Apr 2011 18:12 | Quote
United Kingdom
HAHA, naturally most men would think that! :P

I do, yeah, I have a few piano pieces on my music myspace if you would like to hear them...

www.myspace.com/miragegeneration

Please listen to "Eternity", "Piano Solo" , and "To Zanarkand"
I cried when I was recording "To Zanarkand" haha, helped put in the emotion I needed to make this piece powerful. :) I hope you guys like it!

They're my all time favourites to play. :)I've just moved house so I can't record anything yet - but I'll record a video of me playing these sometime soon. :)
nullnaught  
2 Apr 2011 18:57 | Quote
Those are great tunes jazzy. Youve influenced me to hit that customize your myspace page button. Is myspace as slow a website for others as it is for me?

has jazzy ever been to california or other parts of the states and what cities have you visited. And if so which did you like best?
JazzMaverick  
2 Apr 2011 19:38 | Quote
United Kingdom
States in America; I've been to North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas. Kansas was my favourite.

I've travelled to Canada, America, Wales, England (obviously) and France.

Soon to be Mauritius, Philippines, Japan and Australia. I plan on bringing a lot of my old stuff (including an old guitar) to Japan to help them out a little. Plus I think music is a really good way to bring people together in a time of need.

nullnaught  
2 Apr 2011 19:44 | Quote
jazz is a saint.

Do own an electirc guitar and what kind?
JazzMaverick  
2 Apr 2011 20:48 | Quote
United Kingdom
Yeah, I own three. An Encore (my first guitar) SG special, and another SG. :)

I'm no saint, but I've been there... having absolutely nothing but my skin. I'm helping out because I can. I have stuff I no longer need, so it's always important to help those who need it more. In my opinion.

What's funny is that this became a two way conversation haha!
nullnaught  
2 Apr 2011 21:10 | Quote
do you ever use facebook anymore?
JazzMaverick  
2 Apr 2011 22:53 | Quote
United Kingdom
Yeah, I use it every now and then. I try to use it for the AGC fan page, and often to chat to my classmates from Uni. Otherwise I'm not a massive fan of telling people I just ate cereal, I'm waiting for the bus, the guy next to me smells like toenail... it could go on! I think it's stupid to be honest... It's a brilliant way to stay in touch... but people really absorb themselves in facebook - some people even get offended is someone doesn't reply fast enough or doesn't accept their friend request... Or those games that are on there! God... People are SO absorbed in being lazy now, and hiding behind these waste of time distractions that we're going no where in life... in fact we're just going backwards... Human society is letting the governments rule over them because of these idiotic sites and distractions. TV shows are another thing I really don't like to waste time on.

Man I could rant for years!

Basically - we as human beings are better off without it. They're distractions from us being productive. However - it does have it's benefits... if we only knew how to use it wisely, and not every second of every day.

I hope that made sense! haha.

Technology is amazing now - I just wish we could all use it in ways that could benefit human society. If we all strived to find cures, or discover new elements, or new planets, or even new species in the ocean. Maybe then the world wouldn't be full of so much rage and hate.
nullnaught  
2 Apr 2011 23:00 | Quote
Small talk has no purpose to me. Who cares.
JazzMaverick  
3 Apr 2011 01:23 | Quote
United Kingdom
So, do you use facebook then? Or any of the other crazy ones?
nullnaught  
3 Apr 2011 01:25 | Quote
im an idiot who hasnt worked since 1992. so i use a few. I only check messages on most of them and interact on very little. I dont really like facebook.

mabey we should be in chat.
coleman  
3 Apr 2011 02:23 | Quote
United States
how is the sg for jazz? what was the first head you learned? fav style? do you dig thelonious monk?
JazzMaverick  
3 Apr 2011 04:07 | Quote
United Kingdom
@ Nullnaught, ah sorry about that - it was about 4 or 5am my time when you and I were talking so I went to bed shortly after that last comment haha apologies!

@ Coleman, I love everything about the SG - it's my all time favourite electric guitar. It just feels perfect in my hands. Thelonious Monk is a pure legend! I have his albums :D Can't get enough of the guy! I wish he was alive now - to hear his opinion on the modern world. Do you like him Coleman?
gshredder2112  
3 Apr 2011 12:14 | Quote
United States
Licks: 3
maybe the next interview shud be nullnaught.

@jazzmaverick do you have any pets?
JazzMaverick  
3 Apr 2011 12:50 | Quote
United Kingdom
Yeah I do. At the moment I only have one cat - the other two recently passed away.

When I was a kid I had loads of pets man, it was amazing. I even had a pet snake! Which I lost in the house... o.O ah god my family wasn't too happy to hear about that! But yeah... Turtles, fish, birds, cats, dogs, horse, cows, pigeons, frogs, mice, rabbits, hamsters. It was fun :D
AlexB  
3 Apr 2011 13:37 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
jazzy you forgot the new one!

jazzy - Dreamband?
JazzMaverick  
3 Apr 2011 22:19 | Quote
United Kingdom
It's so cute! o.O I'll name is Rocky!

Dreamband... hmm... not sure to be honest, never really thought about that one...

I would love to see some of my favourite musicians make a massive genre collaboration. A really brilliant song, maybe 30 minutes long and has a number of different genres in it... It's something I'd like to do one day - so seeing my inspirations do it would be amazing! :D
coleman  
3 Apr 2011 23:35 | Quote
United States
yeah i love his playing/composing. ultimate badass! im actually doing a chord melody version of epistrophy for convocation. did you see the documentary about him narrated by clint eastwood?
1 2

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.