Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Downloading free music?

Music and Bands
LedZeppRox13  
30 Jul 2010 14:35 | Quote
Does anyone know of a good site where i can download free music? ive used limewire but i cant find alot from it.
GibsonLP60  
30 Jul 2010 14:52 | Quote
United States
With google search type the artist then album followed by mediafire zip

Ive doubled my music library using this.
deadman2k666  
30 Jul 2010 15:42 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 1
start using torrents, much safer
Empirism  
30 Jul 2010 16:43 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Hmm, downloading free music can mean two things :P...

www.mp3.com

Ive been watching this thing from times of napster, and things are goin more crazy year after year... when things grow uncontrollable on chaotic way, it will eat itself.

Why bother to download music anyway? Like in winamp you can listen internet radiostations where are thousands of stations with hundreds genres that you can easily sort. From there you have also possibility to find some new artists. No downloading, no risks... oh darn, maybe im starting to be too old. Soz bout that.

Empirism
telecrater  
30 Jul 2010 17:10 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
I've been using rhapsody. It's $10 a month and they have a pretty big catalog. I can download all i want, listen all i want. If i want to keep it i have a drm stripper.

Guitarslinger124  
31 Jul 2010 01:03 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
First of all, don't use Limewire, that is just asking for your computer to get hacked. - Take it from someone who knows a thing or two about that.

deadman2k666 says:
start using torrents, much safer

Torrents, are not really that safe, don't be misguided. It is too easy to packet a virus inside a torrent.

That being said, when the situation allows, I use torrents myself. You just have to be careful, obviously, if something looks fishy don't download it.

What you will need for torrent download is a torrent browser, something similar to Utorrent or Azure and a website to download your torrents from, i.e. extratorrent.

It is pretty self explanatory from there.

Another thing you can do is rip Youtube tracks. I cannot for the life of me, remember the website, however, the concept is, you go to this website, enter the link to the Youtube video with the desired audio track and the software will rip the audio to mp3 for you. Pretty simple stuff. I am sure you can Google it and get the link to a website with such a feature.

Hope that helps.

‹‹Rock on!››

gx1327  
31 Jul 2010 03:25 | Quote
United States
1. download utorrent... google "utorrent" and get it

2. google "thepiratebay"
Empirism  
31 Jul 2010 03:42 | Quote
Finland
this is just beginning...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20006314-261.html
telecrater  
31 Jul 2010 10:07 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
Empirism says:
Copy and Paste quote here!

Ditto

I'm not saying i don't torrent or that I'm in any way innocent but try and find a legal way of getting your music. You do need to understand how Torrens work and the penitents of illegally downloading copyright stuff.

I've had my ISP shut down my internet connection because they received a call from CBS that my IP was sharing copy righted material. I got said i was sorry and that i would not do it again and that was that.

deefa  
31 Jul 2010 10:38 | Quote
United Kingdom
You can rip utube music on Audacity but the quality's rubbish!
JazzMaverick  
31 Jul 2010 15:11 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Deefa just beat me to it!
Mistaluke  
9 Aug 2010 20:35 | Quote
AIMINI AIMINI!
ive used that today and found awesome songs
I use McAfee and it says no harm on this site and when i download a song i scan for viruses and it says
"No Problems with this" or somthing haha
but i luv it! :D
jcb3000  
10 Aug 2010 08:18 | Quote
United Kingdom
With the youtube music, just use http://www.listentoyoutube.com/
it takes the audio from whatever video you link to it. It's pretty nifty to just have bookmarked. And with regards to torrents, as long as you pay attention to how many seeds/what user comments about them, then it can be pretty safe. I only really download music to see if i'd consider buying a CD of it though.
Empirism  
10 Aug 2010 08:26 | Quote
Finland
Actually, you never can be sure even if there are comments that its "virus free!" maybe, but theres also other malwares than viruses. If you think about consept peer to peer, it shares chosen content of your harddrive to net, then if there are (where there are so many) whose protection is very low, or worse there are none, also them shares "same torrent" Its possible that you get malwares, even if original uploaded torrent do not contain it.

Ofcourse, when it comes to mp3 files, its more safer than .exe, .rar, .iso, .zip extensions forexample.

Why you dont use libraries? in our country atleast, we have great library system. Loan a record, make it to mp3. Simple and totally safe and you can be sure that sound quality is not crap.

If you love the record. Buy it.
Empirism
macandkanga  
10 Aug 2010 15:46 | Quote
United States
I just got an email from my ISP warning me about sharing protected content! The reason is because I used a bit torrent that shared the files I had downloaded. If you use a torrent or peer to peer software, be sure to remove the files from the default folder they're in before you use the software again!
GRX40  
10 Aug 2010 20:31 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
Empirism says:
Why you dont use libraries? in our country atleast, we have great library system. Loan a record, make it to mp3. Simple and totally safe and you can be sure that sound quality is not crap.

I also use the public library to get music. They have lots of CDs at the one by my house, as well as a system where they get CDs from other libraries around the area and loan them to you. The only problem with the library is that they rarely have brand new CDs and if they don't have what you want in their system, you can't get it from them. Also, if you live in a smaller town, the selection will probably be less.

When I just want one song, I use the site mp3ify.com. Similar to what other people have mentioned, it just takes audio from a youtube vid and turns it into a mp3 for you.
Crazy  
11 Aug 2010 04:46 | Quote
Gibraltar
Wow future guitarist....ripping off guitarists.....lmao....
Domigan_Lefty  
13 Aug 2010 16:03 | Quote
United States
Yea, youre killing the our good name.
Musicians dont steal mp3s.
Be respectful and buy the album so musicans keep getting paid for making music. You can find albums cheap if you go to the right places (the mall for example).
Empirism  
15 Aug 2010 00:57 | Quote
Finland
Empirism says:
If you love the record. Buy it.

Indeed Domigan, but at these days everything gotta be free to everyone, no-one would pay nothing of anything... i wonder when people start torrent their food and beer.

anyway, if we look things from another point of view, those people who dont buy records, they dont buy them even if they cant get it from torrents, its pretty simple fact. If we think a record as an product, customer should have possibility to "try" it before buying it, there internet and torrents come very handy and save time.. When napster was in its best days, selling of music not decreased but increased recarding to statistics.

Its interesting, but I strongly think that internet and possibility to download music is strenghtened peoples knowledge of bands and music and with that route they went and bought the records.

Why they bought the record if they already have it on mp3? Answer is simple, mp3 substract high frequencies of the song to make filesize smaller. Even in high 360 bitrate, soundquality it is not as near to orginal sound quality.

When you really enjoying music (i know there are different tastes and ways) but for me example I relaxing on couch and my all perception is targeted to music, sounds.. eyes closed it works better :)

So do I listen Shine on you crazy diamond or Rush on mp3? No ***in way.

Empirism

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.