Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Chatroom?

Poll
1 2 3
Only registered users can vote and see results!

JustJeff  
17 Feb 2011 12:22 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
A chatroom couldn't hurt. If it's easy to implement, I'd say throw it in just to see how well it's used, and we'll give you feedback after a month or so of testing.

There should be scripts that just plugin to this style of website, since it is PHP based. A simple search could probably bring up a chat widget for PHP.
BodomBeachTerror  
17 Feb 2011 12:28 | Quote
Canada
Licks: 1
I'm with Jeff, if it doesn't work out I doubt it would be much of a problem to just remove it, so i'll vote yes
btimm  
17 Feb 2011 12:30 | Quote
United States
I could take it or leave it. I don't think it would add to the site really, but I also don't think it will be a detriment either.
Admiral  
17 Feb 2011 12:49 | Quote
Germany
Lessons: 1
I don't think too many members are on at the same time. But it wouldn't hurt of course. Admin did you study Computer sciences or how come you are maybe just implementing/adding a chatroom to this site? ^^
gshredder2112  
17 Feb 2011 13:00 | Quote
United States
Licks: 3
i voted yes bcuz a chatrooms are cool
case211  
17 Feb 2011 13:04 | Quote
United States
Licks: 6
it would be nice to be able to chat with the folks here for a little bit, since one post at a time leaves much to be discovered about everyone here. Would be nice I think, and like many have said before, if it's a problem later, it could be terminated.(Hopefully with Arnold saying "Hasta La Vista, Baby")
luthier  
18 Feb 2011 11:31 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
It'd be cool... even if I'm talking to myself.
Empirism  
18 Feb 2011 12:02 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Yes.
nullnaught  
18 Feb 2011 16:07 | Quote
Voting no is just plain mean. For this reason. That means you dont want a chatroom here. And it is obvious some of us do. How could it possibly hurt you to have an option at the top of the screen somewhere that says chat. If you never want to see it or go there just dont click there.

case makes a very good point. But if it becomes a problem. Mabye have private chat only.
btimm  
18 Feb 2011 16:19 | Quote
United States
nullnaught says:
Voting no is just plain mean. For this reason. That means you dont want a chatroom here. And it is obvious some of us do. How could it possibly hurt you to have an option at the top of the screen somewhere that says chat. If you never want to see it or go there just dont click there.

case makes a very good point. But if it becomes a problem. Mabye have private chat only.

Maybe a person voted no for a reason related to the site becoming worse off with a chat area. You have no clue why people voted no, so I think criticizing (and not for the first time) the actions or comments of someone without the full story is probably not the best idea.
case211  
18 Feb 2011 16:55 | Quote
United States
Everyone has their opinions and may vote how they please. I think if there was a chat area, it should be completely optional to use, since not everyone will want to be on the chat room the whole time they are using this site. Not sure how that would be implemented but it could outweigh some of the negatives of having a chat area.
nullnaught  
18 Feb 2011 16:59 | Quote
I dont get you sometimes. im speaking of my opinion here. If you dont like it @#$%^

Exactally what did i say that you disagree with? Its like you read the first sentence of a post and ignore the rest.Taking it completely out of context.

MAbye if your saying a chatrrom can create anamosity bettween members tahs one thing, But you should really say what you need to instead of being so completely vague.
tinyskateboard  
18 Feb 2011 17:18 | Quote
United States
Whaterver cuts down on the animosity...I'm in favor of.
nullnaught  
18 Feb 2011 17:36 | Quote
Mabye chating with each other will create anamosity between some people. But it hasnt hapened in all my of my other forums with chatrooms. In fact its a way to get to really know each other. Meet good friends and so on. But my opinion is that lets say you find out you dont like someone for this or that reason in a chatroom. I then believe IMO you are better off. Meaning to say its good to actually know how someone thinks when replying to there messages. Then mabye you can understand where they are coming from a little better.

case211  
18 Feb 2011 17:37 | Quote
United States
it may or may not be fun in the chat room. Every chat room I've been in that talked more about guitar/music(not oriented but that's what the talk went to) was usually kind of fun and was more of a laid back environment where I was able to have a healthy "conversation" about music. There will always be a loss of the human side of communication over the internet(not what is said, but rather how it is said), which is almost unavoidable without audio/video capabilities.
tinyskateboard  
18 Feb 2011 18:06 | Quote
United States
I meant I tired of the animosity in this thread. :)

I have no idea if a chatroom would foster this or that type of dialouge. If we get one, we'll find out what it's like.

macandkanga  
18 Feb 2011 18:34 | Quote
United States
I agree with Admiral. I typically don't go to chatrooms on other large sites cause I don't know anyone there for one and because there are too many people. This site is small in terms of active members concurrently using the site. Most importantly, it can't hurt to try it and if it does'nt work take it down.

Also, I think everyone here is respectable and friendly. We get into it sometimes with each other but we always seem to be able circle back and resolve whatever issues.

One other thing to consider is if unwanted language in a chat room could be prevented. If it can't, I imagine things could get out of hand. I don't personally mind if they do but some may get offended and want to leave the forum all together and I wouldn't want that to happen.

nullnaught  
18 Feb 2011 18:44 | Quote
well said mac
btimm  
18 Feb 2011 18:47 | Quote
United States
nullnaught says:
I dont get you sometimes. im speaking of my opinion here. If you dont like it @#$%^

Exactally what did i say that you disagree with? Its like you read the first sentence of a post and ignore the rest.Taking it completely out of context.

MAbye if your saying a chatrrom can create anamosity bettween members tahs one thing, But you should really say what you need to instead of being so completely vague.

First off, understand that I don't think you don't deserve an opinion - I think you do and respect that. But what I don't like is how you repeatedly come off as very disrespectful. For example, there is no need whatsoever for cussing at me and telling me to @#$%^, whatever exactly that was (although I can assume via context clues). Things like this are quickly making my patience disappear.

Second off, I have to be vague, because I am speaking as a generality and not myself. Personally, as I said before in this thread, I am not for it or against it. I simply think that you calling people mean for voting no is ridiculous as they are entitled to their opinion. You can state your opinion and not be rude to others, I have no problem whatsoever with that. But you don't do that - you choose to criticize people if their opinion is not the same as your opinion.

You did this one before with carl and you did it again here. My issue is not your opinion, it is how you handle the opinion of others. So please, knock it off.

I am damn near the point where I want to request an option to hide posts from certain members. >.<

nullnaught  
18 Feb 2011 18:51 | Quote
You seem to read whatever you feel like into a post. Brian. As far as the carl thing goes i've explained that to you privately and if you just cant understand where im coming from i feel really sorry for you. Open your mind. Dont just read the first sentance of a post and go with that without ever paying any attention to the rest. Because the rest of the post will expalin the the first part. Be patient. Please dont take any offence. I believe all people are good deep down and that includes you.
btimm  
18 Feb 2011 18:57 | Quote
United States
This is my point exactly. I told you exactly the issue I had, which was your lack of respect for people. It wasn't your opinion, it was the way you handle yourself and attack others. And you do it again, even though I clearly and politely explained the issue.
nullnaught  
18 Feb 2011 19:00 | Quote
Can you explain exacvtly what i did that was mean? Id like to know so if i should state it differently. Being mean is the last thign i want to do. Especially here.
btimm  
18 Feb 2011 19:03 | Quote
United States
It's not a "mean" thing, I have thicker skin than that. It's a disrespect thing. And if you really need me to point that out, than I don't know what to tell you.
nullnaught  
18 Feb 2011 19:05 | Quote
Ok. dont tell me. that way i'll never learn and stay desrepctfull. Thank you. MAbye i jsut shouldnt be here. Or have an opinion.
btimm  
18 Feb 2011 20:02 | Quote
United States
I never said you shouldn't be here or have an opinion. Ever. In fact, if you reread my posts, you will see that I repeatedly say you should have an opinion and I respect that. What I don't appreciate is how you come off repeatedly to others about their opinions. For example, your posts on this very thread that starts "You seem to read whatever you feel like into a post..." was initially something completely different befoore you edited it. It actually read just this:

"fu friend"

This is absurd and disresectful when I have done nothing to warrant that whatsoever, other than point out how rude you come across in some of your posts.

So if you really need help understanding what you can do better, here are a few things:

- Don't tell people to f off.
- Don't cuss at them at all, generally speaking.
- Don't have sarcastic posts like the one right before this.
- Don't personally criticize the posts of someone from over a year ago when you have no idea what the situation was.
- etc.

And believe me, I have read more than just one sentence of a post before coming to a conclusion on what was just put in print. You continue to fail to understand that it isn't YOUR opinion that bothers me, it is the attitude and tone you take with the opinions of OTHER PEOPLE.
btimm  
18 Feb 2011 20:07 | Quote
United States
Also, I am not going to keep posting, just thought that not answering that last post would be hypocritical on my part. I am tired of the negative energy and me saying something about it is only adding to the negativity, so I will refrain from any more posts about these things.

I also want to apologize to the rest of the forum if I have caused any issues, I just hate to see people on here bash others, but I will stop making posts about it anyways. Back to guitar stuff for me!
nullnaught  
18 Feb 2011 22:32 | Quote
why do you think i edited that post in the first place. I edited it beacause it was immature and uncalled for. And why is it YOU are the only member here who seems to have a problem with me?

case211  
18 Feb 2011 22:45 | Quote
United States
Okay, CALM DOWN.

Just, breathe, 1...2...3...1...2...3

If that doesn't calm you down count 7/4, 9/8, and 13/8...

...now...

back to my tea ;)

@Tinyskateboard

hehe I see what you mean now XD

gshredder2112  
18 Feb 2011 22:51 | Quote
United States
FIGHT! JP.but seriouly tho cmon guyscant we all.just agree to disagree.and say"its admins choice.wether he is goin to install da.chat room.

gs2112
btimm  
18 Feb 2011 23:13 | Quote
United States
Nullnaught, I am the only one who is saying anything. I highly doubt I am the only person who doesn't appreciate your lack of respect.

Gs2112, my issue has nothing to do with a chat area.
gshredder2112  
18 Feb 2011 23:28 | Quote
United States
,m exactly my point btimm your issue has nothing to do with the chat topic so why do you feel the need to comment on this thread,are you just tryn to start an arguement by telling nullnaught wat he can and cannot say to other people?
case211  
18 Feb 2011 23:37 | Quote
United States
he actually pointed out that jumping to a conclusion and then chastising/criticizing the other party, is not a very good idea. Not really an argument; though it did evolve into something completely unrelated.
gshredder2112  
18 Feb 2011 23:43 | Quote
United States
?@case,wat does that accomplish? nullnaught basically had an.opinion about other peoples opinion is that basically what the forum is?
case211  
19 Feb 2011 00:04 | Quote
United States
I never said it accomplished anything, I merely pointed out that the initial reasoning for btimm to enter into the thread wasn't to argue.
gshredder2112  
19 Feb 2011 00:13 | Quote
United States
but then again btimm has started an arguement with me before for no reason expcept to invade something that doesnt concern him.
case211  
19 Feb 2011 00:16 | Quote
United States
That is sort of irrelevant to what is at hand. He may have started an argument with you, he may not have intended to. Btimm has been on here for quite a while and he's been pretty sincere but also is not afraid to speak his mind on subjects and topics. Which is the point of a forum, is it not?
gshredder2112  
19 Feb 2011 00:27 | Quote
United States
yes,that is the point,but on the contrary there is a difference btween speaking your mind and telling nullnaught wat he said was wrong,they both said offensive things wether toward each other or not.but nullnaughlt made his comment before btimm probably even resd this post,so why do you thnk btimm felt the need to flame null about it.
case211  
19 Feb 2011 00:40 | Quote
United States
btimm says:
so I think criticizing (and not for the first time) the actions or comments of someone without the full story is probably not the best idea.

...I don't think that this is exactly "flaming" Nullnaught, nor did he say he was wrong.
nullnaught says:
Voting no is just plain mean.

btimm says:
I simply think that you calling people mean for voting no is ridiculous as they are entitled to their opinion.

So...

Btimm clearly didn't want an argument, he just doesn't like to see people's opinions be chastised or shot down because they're not the same as someone else's. I can agree that this got way out of hand, and though it shouldn't have, these things will and do happen.

I feel that btimm is (wrongly) being portrayed in a negative light, without any real evidence to suggest that he was attempting to argue with Nullnaught.

with that being said, I should hope that things calm down between the two since, having them here for comments of substance on music and guitar is nice as opposed to having them fire back and forth.
gshredder2112  
19 Feb 2011 00:58 | Quote
United States
,i guess your right case,wow are "conversation" just now was an incredivle waste of life,good lord i could have been playing guitar,

on a side note you cant sat rhat btimm was conpletely innocent in this matter
nullnaught  
19 Feb 2011 01:01 | Quote
Yes. I will be carefull not to say anything that may be harmfull or inapporpriate in anyway for now on. I dont want to lose this forum. Its the best out there for what it is. And i'll admit that btimm is the mature one here. Not me.
1 2 3

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.