Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

72 hours

Band Promotion
AlexB  
14 Jul 2010 11:29 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Its been 72+ hours without sleeping for me...i simply canīt,3rd night in a row without sleeping and kinda eating

I dont know how this happened,i just pressed the record button and this turned out,hope to hear some feedback from you ppl!

Yes,i returned to soundclick,my other music in there sucks big time
EMB5490  
14 Jul 2010 11:45 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
you should really sleep.. one of the least healthy things to do is not sleep ...

I like it, maybe add a hammond b3 :) but their like my religion, kinda pink floydish... just add a hammond :)
carlsnow  
14 Jul 2010 12:06 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
thats a fun tune Alex!
... Shades of Eddie Hazel abound, be they intentional or not, they/IT works! It also has a nice "dissonant but targeted" feel to it.

This is definitely my favorite tune of yours so far, its got a nice Ambient 'drift' that the staccato line keeps from floating away, and a wonderful juxtaposition of 'scale'(the "little things" played with and against the larger whole) and temperament.
(claps hands)

Kudos Bro!
..You've come a long way since i first heard ya :) .. keep growing!

Got a Wav file ???
(I'd love a nice Wav if ya have one i can D-L)

and again, Kudos!

RAWK!
Cs

PS: ...almost forgot... GREAT note choices (time/place/note)

nullnaught  
14 Jul 2010 13:48 | Quote
nice
AlexB  
14 Jul 2010 14:39 | Quote
Mexico
Thanks!

Yeah i should sleep..but i will have time for that when i die,thanks man,i wanted to keep the track with only guitars and a kinda psychedelic ambient but not too much

Hey Carl,thanks a lot man! i dont know Eddie Hazel i must check that out

This was my first time recording and editing with 96.000 kHz recording @ 32 Bit Float,so i exported the wav in that format...its 268 Mbs haha,how do i send it to you?
macandkanga  
14 Jul 2010 15:26 | Quote
United States
I fell asleep listening to it.

HA! JK. I like it. It's mezmorizing. Unfortunately, I have to listen to these kinds of things on my laptop here at work so the sound isnt that good. But I still like it!
Mistaluke  
15 Jul 2010 00:39 | Quote
SHAWEEEET!!!
haha man that sounds great ima put together a song sorta like this
slow but yet awesome.
Empirism  
15 Jul 2010 01:29 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Nice improvisation man, lets see what you come up with a month without sleep aahaha :D...

Empirism
deefa  
15 Jul 2010 05:02 | Quote
United Kingdom
Nice! Very reminiscent of 'Time away', a song recorded by the late, great Paul Kossoff on his 'Back street crawler' album.

AlexB  
15 Jul 2010 18:10 | Quote
Mexico
Thanks a lot!

It might not sound like,but somehow,it has a structure,a weird one,but its there and is kinda complicated haha,AlexB mental juices in there...

Deefa,great tune! im going to check that album!

And finally,i had some sleep hours finally (13 hours...not that bad..)
deefa  
16 Jul 2010 08:10 | Quote
United Kingdom
@ Alex

To be fair, 'Time away' was about the only outstanding track on that album. Koss had just left Free and his guitar playing was going downhill (bad heroin habit, he died back in '76 at 25 years old). If you want to checkout his style (and I guarentee it'll be worth the effort!) have a listen to any Free albums up to and including 'Highway.' You wont be dissapointed!
carlsnow  
16 Jul 2010 11:16 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
AlexB says:
Hey Carl,thanks a lot man! i dont know Eddie Hazel i must check that out

This was my first time recording and editing with 96.000 kHz recording @ 32 Bit Float,so i exported the wav in that format...its 268 Mbs haha,how do i send it to you?

Eddie Hazel = Guitar player for Funkadelic (69 till he died in 76 or 77)
the tune i was referencing is the title cut from the 1970 Lp 'Maggot Brain' (12 min crazy solo ...then a funk Lp! lol

How ya like that 32-Float? .. I tried it (Mastering Job) a project and started to agree w/ my pals at HGTV, that 'float' kinda 'oversteps' the ground in/on a Waves Ltd(fer ex.) L2-Maximizer tghats set to dither at 24-48(what i record/Master at)...
What System (Rec-etc) are ya using btw? (gearhead-quiz lol)

shoot me a mail from carlsnow.com and i'll send You my 4-Shared Info (hey! we could do some swappin!)

also, shred alert! Jazz Guitar Maestro, Mike Stern has a new cd out "Big Neighborhood"
Gust appearance by Steve Vai (funky/jazz Vai!) Eric Johnson (can you spell Tone?) The Brecker Brothers (horns) and Martin, Mededski and Wood...
I still opt for his older stuff 'Standard's(w/ Giant Steps = insane) 'Give and Take' , 'Between the lines'
and
another great 'guests CD' , 99's "Play" where half the tunes = Stern + John Scofield and the other side, awww!, MY boy!, Bill Frisell !

anyways...

RAWK!
Cs

Global Disclaimer :
Carl Snow is an old, jaded & slightly bitter old man who cannot be held accountable for anything, much less his opinionatedly opinionated opinions or those of his imaginary friends. We sincerely apologize if this Carl Snow and/or its behavior have infected you or others with its ugly brain and its juices.

JazzMaverick  
17 Jul 2010 13:36 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Awesome stuff dude, very cool, I feel like getting really high off of this tune. Sitting there and imagening some new crazy ** like living in a mushroom and the grass is blue while the sky is green. (I took a trip to Nanak)

I've been there with the insomnia, it's a friggen pain in the ass.

Maybe you should make up an invisible best friend and start a fight club. ;)
AlexB  
22 Jul 2010 11:33 | Quote
Mexico
Hey Carl,im still experimenting with variable rates and stuff like that,yeah 32 bit sounds nice,but i think some plug ins need special treatment (or viceversa?) when working with such settings...T Racks worked nice tho

Im using a TC Impact Twin for Recording/Soundcard with tons of plugins (Waves,T-racks,PSP,anything goes) im starting to build a more serious studio,getting the room acoustically aconditioned,getting some nice monitors (Im seriously thinking about getting a couple of Dynaudio's, BM6A (MKII or the originals...still dont know) or getting some KRK stuff,still in process!

im sending you an email soon,and thanks for the album info! im checking those out!

Jazzy: Thanks!! lets get HIIIIGH! haha

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.