Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

New Situation

General Chat
Ozzfan486  
4 May 2010 21:29 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
I'll make this short, because I'm sure you care a whole lot. Well, me and my mom had this little spat and she was basically controlling me. Going to bed insanely early, schoolwork 24/7, etc. I told her I was better off not being dictated to, and that when she didn't do this, I felt a lot better, but then she went and took that as functioning on my own. Now I can't eat here, and have to pay for laundry and phone. Any suggestions? I'm 14 so getting a job is going to be difficult. I'm going to try tomorrow though. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Jake
EMB5490  
4 May 2010 22:06 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
not sure i understand? what about your grandparents... 1 thing grandparents and kids have in commen is they both have a commen dislike of the parents haha
case211  
4 May 2010 22:16 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
Hopefully your mom did what my mom did, and just over reacted a bit. To be fair you still are only 14 and she wants to help make sure that you are healthy, get the most out of school, and are prepared to make the transition into college a bit easier. A kid I know has been complaining that his parents are the same way; make sure he's not being stupid. While I can't say that I envy his parents I certainly do think that what they tried to do is very admirable, he just isn't the "brightest" kid that I know and claims to hate his parents(then again he is basically an emo and doesn't realize it).
Getting a job at 14 can be very difficult if it doesn't involve a connection you have(parent's friends/relatives), but somebody could point you in the right direction to get a job permit(Not sure if it is in your state though) which allows you to work legally and be paid like a normal person, just a few restrictions on hours that you can work per week and such.
Again I hope that maybe she just took what you said the wrong way, but it won't hurt to ask to talk one-on-one with her to help clarify both of you thoughts and feelings on the matter. If you do that she may let you have some more freedom, but you'll never know unless you try it.

Hope this helps a bit at least,

Case
Guitarslinger124  
5 May 2010 05:40 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
I feel ya dude. I've been working since I was 13 years old. My mom kicked me out when I was 17...Best thing you can do is live well. She'll feel bad and take you back in. Don't feel so bad though, I paid my dad $400 bucks a month rent for the three years I lived with him, not to mention, I bought my own car, bought my cloths, paid my own bills and paid my own insurance... Among other things. Just remember that ** can always get worse. Besides, when I look back at everything that I have and I know that I paid for all of it with money that I worked for, it feels really good.

Rock on!
ChicagoMedic  
5 May 2010 11:54 | Quote
United States
you are 14, do what your mom says....how hard can it be? man it out for 4 years
Domigan_Lefty  
5 May 2010 13:13 | Quote
United States
Im 15, my job is to clean everything in and around this house, watch the baby, do my school/homework, while my lazya* 19 yo brother sits around watching tv and breaking everything, and my sister/parents are at work. Half the time i dont even get paid. I paid for my almost $700 ibanez, while my parents gave my brother a BCRICH Mick thompson signature, and had it signed!

My friends families dont speak english, and my closest relative thats not a psychotic b*, is onthe otherside of thecountry.

Get over it.
Ozzfan486  
5 May 2010 15:19 | Quote
United States
Boo-hoo? Sorry I asked.

Anyways, @ EMB - Yeah, I'm considering that.
@ Case - I hope she did. Yeah, 14, scum of the earth. I've heard it. Honestly, if I went up to someone and said I was 16 they'd believe it.
@ Guitarslinger - Wow dude. That's pretty awesome. And I'm being serious. That's what I'm going to try to do. If worse comes to worse, I'll just move in with my grandma, and find a job next year because the legal age where I'm at is 15 I believe.

Thanks,
Jake
deadman2k666  
5 May 2010 17:14 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 1
never faced this situation before. But i've been paying all my own bills, school supplies, clothing such i was old enough to work
LedZeppRox13  
5 May 2010 18:10 | Quote
im 14 too and that seems pretty nervwrecking to me, cause ive always kinda fell back on my parents for that stuff, i would move in with your grandma if i were you and in between the year or so that you have to turn 15, you should play guitar on the street every once in a while, if u need some money. haha.
DarkRiff  
5 May 2010 18:33 | Quote
United States
Licks: 2
All I have to say is try to make a compromise with your parents. Running away from your problems never solves anything. a lot of kids today think "O I don't need you, I live on my own and I'll get by". WRONG You need your parents whether you like it or not. when you're not able to even vote yet you should NOT be so "Independent" to put it in nicer words
Ozzfan486  
5 May 2010 19:27 | Quote
United States
I know. That's why I was saying about my grandma. But, I am going to try to work it out. I don't know if any of you have heard about it or not, but there's a program called Lettergrade where parents go checking grades, etc. Well my mom gets very, very uptight about. All it was was a C, and I'm A-B student. No big deal. Then she starts going and making me do all these things "in my benefit" when I've been fine all year. Anyway, the whole situation is petty and lame and I'm sorry for making this big a deal about it at all.

Back to the music.
JustJeff  
5 May 2010 20:51 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
When I was growing up, my attitude was: "If my parents are going to provide me with food, shelter, and a safe environment, I'll go to sleep 2 hours early and do my homework."

I feel it's only the FAIR trade in that situation...
Ozzfan486  
5 May 2010 21:32 | Quote
United States
Okay.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.