Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

3 questions

Instruments and Gear
soy.el.che  
30 Jun 2009 14:29 | Quote
Mexico
Lessons: 1
I heard about this thing that you put near the strings and, when turned on, makes the strings vibrate. how do you call it? and how much does it cost?

Do you reccommend lubricating with spray tunning pegs? why?

how do you recommend to clean an electric guitar only with household items? is it riskless?

what does tempo rubato means? i read about it, but i didnt really got what it was.

thats it with the questions..
id like to share with you something. ive got a gig in two weeks. well play 10 songs, all 80s style songs; glam rock. and were suposed to dress like we were back in the 80s. its gonna be fun, i hope someone records it so i can show it to you.
BodomBeachTerror  
30 Jun 2009 14:35 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
to number one, do you mean an Ebow?
JazzMaverick  
30 Jun 2009 15:02 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
It's an Ebow.

If you're talking about cleaning it when the strings are off, I'd just recomment that you buy this Lord Sheraton's pure beeswax, it's fairly cheap and takes perfect care of the wood.

Tempo Rubato means that it's robbed, stolen, basically taking a portion of the duration from one note or could be a group of notes and just adding it to another. So eventhough the detail varies the length of the phrase is normal.

Good luck with your performance I bet that's going to be fun, please show us the pictures and videos later! :D
soy.el.che  
30 Jun 2009 17:02 | Quote
Mexico
Lessons: 1
Ebow. nice

now i know what tempo rubato means.
bout the beeswax, do you use it on the frets? or the whole guitar body? and im not sure i can get lord sheratons, but will any beeswax do?

btw, jazzy, hows youre insomnia goin?
RA  
30 Jun 2009 17:02 | Quote
United States
the elbow cost about 100 USA

depends on the tuning pegs a lot of the newer ones are closed and don't need to be lubed ever. old fender pegs needs oil dripped into the hole every year or so but never OVER do it.

just clean it with water it always works for me(that is for electric more open wood acoustics varies depending on the finish). and while I'm sure jazz's recommendation is great be sure what you using it on what works with it. for example a maple neck is sealed it dose not need anything while a rosewood neck would due to them being unfinished.

posted right at 17:02 huh
JazzMaverick  
30 Jun 2009 20:55 | Quote
United Kingdom
Haha perfect timing from both of you.

I use it on the frets only cause the body doesn't need it. If you don't get that brand I recommend finding another one that's similar. The chemicals revive and protect the wood from natural damage/aging.

Depends where you look for the Ebow, I got mine for £20 new on ebay.

Thanks for asking Soy. It's 2:50am right now. Last night I actually got a lovely amount of sleep but I guess it was a 1 off thing. Even though I'm technically stopping myself from sleep right now..
case211  
1 Jul 2009 11:31 | Quote
United States
Licks: 6
ouch...not a lot of sleep huh?
Insomnia sucks, I was starting to get to a point where I couldn't sleep very well at all, I mean toss and turn and wide awake for hours on end. for that I've always tried a couple of Tylenol PM washed down with night time cold medicine, it put me out in about 45 minutes, and it was a dead sleep, I didn't even move.
carlsnow  
1 Jul 2009 11:40 | Quote
United States
once ya E-bow yer hooked fer life.
JazzMaverick  
1 Jul 2009 21:36 | Quote
United Kingdom
@ Case, haha that sounds like you were KO'd!! It definitely sucks, but the bright side is that I get more hours to study music.

@ Carl, Agreed!
league  
2 Jul 2009 02:04 | Quote
United States
carlsnow says:
once ya E-bow yer hooked fer life.

That's why I'm abstaining from using one.

Well if the part of guitar you're cleaning is high gloss paint then I would use a damp or wet cloth but then I am very cheap and my guitars are usually filthy.

Acoustic guitars without sealed tuners usually require a bit of grease(I use motor oil) if they are dry or rusting.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.