Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Introduction - hello plus..

General Chat
matthewmoran  
27 Feb 2009 07:34 | Quote
United States
I've been visiting this site - mostly for scales and have my kids on it as well. I didn't even realize there was a forum my shortcut went right to the scale builder. Seriously, this is the best site for learning/improving I've seen. I'm impressed!!!

I am a published author. As stated in my profile, been playing and sporadically performing for many years. After my first book (career book for IT pros - see my site) was published (I'm sitting on a contract for another and have a publisher who likes what I write - hooray) I decided I would make a concerted effort to write more music.. and I have.

This past December, after playing and getting booked for some nice showcases and paid gigs, I put a business plan together for my music and began implementing it. I work out of my house as a consultant and writing, so I have a small degree of flexibility. The result has been very very good.

Now I am knee deep into a self-recorded CD - collaborating with some local musicians and some people online (kompoz.com).

My strength: Lyrics, musical cadence.
I play well-enough - never did the lead thing in high-school, strictly rhythm (he doesn't want to make it cry or sing), slow melodic adds, and arrangement.

I am helping some local performers use social media (editing and creating video, podcast, and blogs) to promote what they do and write on that subject a bit. I am happy to answer any questions on that.

Hmmm... I record using Samplitude SE, an M-Audio Firewire Solo input, MXL guitar and condenser mics, my Ibanez acoustic and Ibanez electric (occassionally). Currently learning to program drums - hate it but improving.

Anyone else doing remote collaboration (share tracks with click intro), send back track with just your added part)?
Phip  
27 Feb 2009 08:22 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Hey Matthew,
Welcome to town (gift basket on its way)!
Just checked out your site. Lots of info there. Noisy crowd at that club too! Like your stuff. Yes, I've been interested for some time with the notion of remote collaboration but I haven't reached a level of skill good enough yet. (working on that)
Stick around and get to know the crowd, you'll like them.
Phip
jcb3000  
27 Feb 2009 09:33 | Quote
United Kingdom
Ahh welcome! Good to see another Ibanez user on the forum. You'll find it to be rather...interesting being part of the forum. There are some real characters *cough* phip *cough*.
matthewmoran  
27 Feb 2009 09:40 | Quote
United States
Is there a way to be notified of replies?

Also, nice sailing pic. I used to race Hobies in California - waaaayyy back in the '80's.
Heather  
27 Feb 2009 09:59 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
G'day and welcome to the site, Matthew. I was impressed by this place too, it has pretty much everything you'd want to know about the guitar plus nice people on it.

You won't recieve any emails to keep an eye an replies here, but when you visit the forums the page next to the tittle will turn blue telling you there have been new replies posted since you last looked.

Look forward to seeing you around here. Oh, and I should mention I'm a chicken by the way, despite what some other members will tell you, I am one! Those members are just jelous, the way I see it so they refuse to accept me for what I really am!
BodomBeachTerror  
27 Feb 2009 11:48 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
hey shes not a fox anymore!

welcome matthew!
macandkanga  
27 Feb 2009 11:59 | Quote
United States
I can't help it so I'm going to do it!

Welcome Matt!

BodomBeachTerror  
27 Feb 2009 12:02 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
lolz
mattmurray  
27 Feb 2009 12:04 | Quote
United States
Ah God it's high school all over again! (There were 14 Matt's including myself in my graduating class) Haha, welcome fellow Matt.
Meister23  
27 Feb 2009 13:01 | Quote
United States
Yeah it took me awhile to discover the forums as well but they are interesting and full of information. I took a listen to some of your songs, they were enjoyable. Also, nice dire straits reference.

matthewmoran  
27 Feb 2009 13:25 | Quote
United States
It's better to be a Welcome Matt than a doormat.

A wrestling Matt; a Matte finish - yeah yeah yeah.. and don't even start with the last name Moran. You either learned to have a sense of humor or got into lots of fights - better yet, laugh as you punch people in the face.

Not really, I'm mostly over it - that's what the voices in my head keep telling me.

More later - helping someone setup Wordpress.

macandkanga  
27 Feb 2009 14:38 | Quote
United States
Sorry Matt. Like I said, I just couldn't help myself. Glad to see you have a good sense of humor!

This is a great site. Good to have ya!
soy.el.che  
27 Feb 2009 16:18 | Quote
Mexico
wow.. that is a curriculum.
welcome, enjoy
DrGonzo  
27 Feb 2009 17:21 | Quote
United States
Welcome to the site. It is truly wealth of knowledge, and a great place to get advice and trade ideas. I absolutely love it. In the few months I have been on my guitar playing has gotten exponentially better.
Phip  
27 Feb 2009 17:27 | Quote
United States
Well boys don't feel so bad. I went to school with a girl who's name was (and i kid you not) Delight Pink. Obviously her parents were thrilled to have a baby girl, but every time she had to fill out forms, yup you guessed it......Pink Delight.
I believe she is still in therapy. (very popular with the boys).
True story
Phipster
jcb3000  
27 Feb 2009 19:39 | Quote
United Kingdom
Hobies are great boats. i havent been sailing quite that long yet but getting on for 10 years now. Lasers for me :)
Heather  
28 Feb 2009 09:58 | Quote
United Kingdom
BodomBeachTerror says:
hey shes not a fox anymore!

Ahh! ETHIOPIAN wolf! I'll bring it back if you don't learn! :P

Okay about the name 'Moran' Matthew. Yesturday at first I was too sleepy to focus so I thought it said 'Matt The Morman' at first. I was then too busy laughing at myself when I noticed it didn't to pick on the Moran name myself.
Afro_Raven  
28 Feb 2009 10:50 | Quote
United Kingdom
Nice to have you onboard Matt, always cool to get someone who's doing things a bit differently or uniquely!

Afro
Ozzfan486  
28 Feb 2009 11:30 | Quote
United States
Sup Matt?

Ozz
JazzMaverick  
1 Mar 2009 16:22 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Welcome to the forum, I think you're the first person to get so many welcomes! You've got quite a CV, very impressive. You can't be notified when you recieve messages, it's just down to us checking it.

What are your future plans? Are you fond of collaborations?
Empirism  
1 Mar 2009 17:30 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Oh, warm welcome to forums (though its very cold here...), but anyway. Enjoy your stay :)
les_paul  
1 Mar 2009 20:43 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
I've not been on in a while but better late than never, Welcome to the party.

P.S. New guy buys the booze!
Afro_Raven  
2 Mar 2009 03:50 | Quote
United Kingdom
It would be so cool if this site was kinda like facebook and we could send each other gifts, e.g. booze...........ADMIN!......

Afro
matthewmoran  
2 Mar 2009 05:57 | Quote
United States
Thanks all.

Regarding collaboration - hmmm - depends on what type of collaboration.

I am starting to work with a few other musicians to record pieces of my music and have provided some lyrical help to them as well.

I would be happy to have input on songs - and if you have a musical idea or want to do remote recorded collaboration, let me know.

What I do is:

1) I upload a song track with a 4 or 8 point click at at the start.
2) You download it and bring it into your recording software.
3) Record your track or tracks separately
4) Output your tracks without my master track but keep my 4 or 8 point click at the start of the tracks you output
5) Upload them somewhere
6) I download them and import them into my track - using the clicks to line them up properly.
Voila!! We've recorded together.

I use Samplitude SE (Music Studio 14) but you could even use Audacity. You just need to be able to record your track while listening to the master track in headphones.

In any case, glad to meet everyone.

Matt
6StringEvil  
3 Mar 2009 06:47 | Quote
India
Phip says:
Obviously her parents were thrilled to have a baby girl, but every time she had to fill out forms, yup you guessed it......Pink Delight.

LOLZZ ...wicked stuff Phip

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.