Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Live acts

Music and Bands
case211  
1 Oct 2010 10:29 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
Just watched Children of Bodom on the Black Label Berserkus tour here in Omaha. The only thing that I can say about seeing them play live: it was a religious experience :) haha

They were awesome!! But sadly Zakk couldn't make it to the stage last night, as he was taken to the hospital, but the news from the other members of BLS is that it wasn't life threatening(that's all we know). So they are currently rescheduling the entire show!! So for the $35 me and my friend spent, we get to see Bodom again! :D

Any concerts you guys have been to that have been so awesome you want to tell of it for centuries? hehe...

...also, my ears are fine(ear plus!!), but...I think my throat was bleeding a little bit this morning :/
MuseFan  
1 Oct 2010 10:50 | Quote
United Kingdom
Went to see Muse at Wembley Stadium recently
im still in awe of the whole expierience lol
best nightof my life so far :D
AlexB  
1 Oct 2010 10:53 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Roger waters live in 2007 and infected mushoom,frekin crazy stuff!
Guitarslinger124  
1 Oct 2010 11:41 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
Watching Steve Vai live was an incredible experience. He is a huge guitar idol of mine and watching him play and studying his technique in person was just amazing. Even more so, the next week he did a clinic at my local guitar shop (go George's Music!). This was back in '06 or '07 I think.

Rock on!
BodomBeachTerror  
1 Oct 2010 12:01 | Quote
Canada
Licks: 1
I saw The Arcade Fire last weekend. It was awesome

And i saw Alice Cooper last year, it was quite incredible.

I would love to see CoB, even though i dont listen to them anymore
case211  
1 Oct 2010 12:58 | Quote
United States
haha I've never actually been very much into the Death Metal scene, but after last night I consider myself a fan of CoB. Also seeing Alexi Laiho do a divebomb and use his TONGUE to get the harmonic, was such an insane moment...it was incredible haha
They were a TON of fun to see live!

Also the band that opened for them was called 2Cents, and we hung out with them for a little bit after CoB got off the stage.

Check out the free song here, I really like these guys' set, they were awesome:

2centsmusic.com
BodomBeachTerror  
1 Oct 2010 13:38 | Quote
Canada
Yeah I have their DVD from 2005. Alexi is a very good entertainer, as well as guitarist. Did they play any Britney Spears or anything?
case211  
1 Oct 2010 15:54 | Quote
United States
Nah haha I would have laughed if they did though, but when they played "In Your Face" the mosh pits were "everwhere", as my friend would say haha

It was a lot of fun, though, I definitely recommend anyone to go see them live if they like Metal and want to see a good show put on for them :) Oh and he did his Guitar Spin thing too haha
tinyskateboard  
4 Oct 2010 10:59 | Quote
United States
One of the oddest shows I've seen was Slayer. Kept making fun of the crowd for being too stoned. It was great tho'.

I 2nd Arcade Fire. I just saw them and it was great and had the best sound mixing I've ever heard.

Every Beck show I've seen has been top notch.

I doubt anything will ever surpass for me to the 1989 Disintegration Tour. For a big ol venue.

Other shows I will remember forever: George Clinton, Camper Van Beethoven, Violent Femmes and Oingo Boingo.
macandkanga  
4 Oct 2010 11:27 | Quote
United States
Ozzy at Ozzfest 2010 at Devore canyon, Ca. I saw Ozzy in the 80's but he was far better this time. His new guitarist was phenomonal!
Empirism  
4 Oct 2010 12:24 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Hmm... Carlos Santana in Puisto Blues also Joe Bonamassa. Also George Duke, Bo Diddley and Porcupine Tree are the my most enjoyable gigs...
gx1327  
4 Oct 2010 13:06 | Quote
United States
i saw muse at the pageant --- a pretty sweet indoor auditorium in st louis city. it was pretty good, they had a pretty solid setlist that just smacked you in the face (opened with knights of cydonia, then played hysteria 2nd... holy cow?!??!). i drank my body weight in beer. drove to the show, took the train back to a friend's place to crash. it was a good night!

HOWEVER, i have to reserve the following two concerts for a tie for "best show ever that i've been to":

yeah yeah yeahs at the pageant
matt & kim at off broadway (a smaller venue in downtown STL)
coleman  
7 Oct 2010 16:07 | Quote
United States
punch brothers. mind blowing.
EMB5490  
7 Oct 2010 17:24 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Phish all one billion times.

so ill say it in caps so everyone knows

PHISH

judas priest was fun, DSO, Fleetwoodmac, skynyrd, csn, the only one i didnt really like was styx, cool music cheesey choreograph.
mattmurray  
8 Oct 2010 06:29 | Quote
United States
Haha! ** yeah, Omaha!!! I'm about an hour and a half south in Sioux City! I had no idea that tour came through Omaha or I would have came.
case211  
9 Oct 2010 14:59 | Quote
United States
haha they are coming back for another FULL show since Zakk was rushed to the hospital due to blood clot issues, so you should definitely try to go the next time man... it was life changing haha

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.