Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

new lyrics

Songwriting
BodomBeachTerror  
24 Sep 2009 20:00 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
heres a song i wrote today/yesterday. i kinda just sang whatever came to my mind first as i was playing my guitar, i might cut the part after the first verse, either that or make another part after the 2nd one. then ill probably write another verse.

"Walls, as I break them down they're closing in again
I can never reach what I'm longing for
its so dark, my eyes are splitting
I'm seeing triple, 30 fingers and a light

I try to find a way out of this prison

30 walls, 30 floors, 30 ceilings
30 windows, so deceiving
never the same, always changing
I'll never understand this polyhedral prison

I reach out to the light, it bends my reality.
I can no longer see, my eyes are broken.
these walls no longer contain me.
I'm no longer trapped in my minds prison"
J05H  
24 Sep 2009 21:44 | Quote
United States
nice dood
vincejonesiii  
25 Sep 2009 09:32 | Quote
United States
cool
BodomBeachTerror  
25 Sep 2009 11:30 | Quote
Canada
from the very short answered im thinking no one understands =p
vincejonesiii  
25 Sep 2009 12:26 | Quote
United States
your right sorry i dont understand :(
BodomBeachTerror  
25 Sep 2009 12:34 | Quote
Canada
lol its alright, neither do i
Heather  
25 Sep 2009 15:44 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
lol! :P (don't worry, I'm not just going to post that as an awkward short answer)

Well I think its good that you just write whatever springs into your mind. I do it all the time, even if I end up forgetting at some point what its true meaning is supposed to be (if I can even tell myself there is one!) But some just hit you, especially if the lyrics
don't make snese to you, but there's a hinder of emotion and a melody playing in your mind. Then you can edit it or just let the emtotion and meleody inspire you to focus on a new one with a meannig to go with it.

Anyway, in the first verse I thought it sounded like the singer was on drugs (don't laugh at that, not as offensive as it sounds!) but then after I read that part again I thought that it could be about the singer being confused. They have a yearning to go and do something, anything they want. But they can't, something's holding them back. And in this case, as the song goes further it's soon obvious that it's a prison. Each line is like a stage, they' can't get what they want, their dreams are shadowed by reality and they're going insane stuck in their surroundings. Although by the end of the song its clear they're not really in a prison, its just what they feel in their head. Prison was used as an expression of how someone isn't getting their wants because of anything they feel is in their way in reality.

That's what I think anyway...hope it made sense! I'm just very tired today from man handling 200 sheep for 5 hours today and I'm aware I might not make much sense myself tonight. lol
case211  
25 Sep 2009 16:10 | Quote
United States
Licks: 6
200 sheep!! :O lol

@BBT

Pretty sweet lyrics man. I just need to say this but I think that songs are all interpreted differently by different people so, I may be thinking something else throughout the song. pretty sweet though man, keep it going!
BodomBeachTerror  
25 Sep 2009 18:08 | Quote
Canada
yeah heather pretty much got it, theres just me writing trippy stuff too. i never really looked for a deep meaning yet

the song has kinda a gloomy feel, similar to Parabola by Tool i guess
Heather  
26 Sep 2009 04:11 | Quote
United Kingdom
Oh good I did make some sense! :] They're pretty god BBT. Sometimes even when I write some stuff I don't understand I try to piece it all together and look deeper incase I can find some meaning. It doesn't always work but often you find at least a meaning you can keep if you want.

@Case, lol I know. There was just me and 6 other students on that trip, you can picture how funny that must have looked if you want and never take animal management lol.
BodomBeachTerror  
27 Sep 2009 23:19 | Quote
Canada
i need a title for this..
Empirism  
28 Sep 2009 01:03 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
how about 30 bonds of mind? or just simple 30 shackles.

Nice one m8, again Im bit lost if it comes to arrangement...
Sounds like diary of a vampire, First hours chapter XD...
xjessx  
29 Sep 2009 12:06 | Quote
United Kingdom
i think the lyrics are really good, dont worry about it when ideas spring into yur mind i do it all the time.

BodomBeachTerror  
29 Sep 2009 12:19 | Quote
Canada
thanks emp, i think! =p

thanks jess

is "Mind Over Matter" a good title you think?
BodomBeachTerror  
22 Oct 2009 18:47 | Quote
Canada
kind of a dig, but i wrote another verse, this is close enough to what i wrote at least, i cant quite remember. but this goes in between the 2nd and 3rd verse. making this the 3rd verse and the previous 3rd verse the 4th verse

"I scream at the top of my lungs, no one can hear me
just a glowing light always watching
I hear a voice, telling me to stop looking
just learn to live, learn to listen"

EDIT: oh and the line in between verse 1 & 2 is history
EDIT 2: I reaaaaaaaally love how Heather explained it lol
Evan  
23 Oct 2009 02:32 | Quote
United States
Idk. I'm not really into the "My soul is so dark, my mind is a prison" kind of lyrics.
fender_bender  
23 Oct 2009 08:02 | Quote
United States
Good job! What is 'the light' you reached out into that blinded you (eyes are broken) from the truth (reality)? It almost sounds like you've gone insane at the end. Your trapped in your minds prison, but now that reality is bent and you are blind, you can escape the walls.

Or is the light God or (insert religious figure here)? You are searching for a way out, but you can't find one. You are screaming, but no one is coming to help. You've been left behind by everyone and everything, but there is this constant light calling out to you. It tells you just to stop searching and to 'learn' to live (in the light maybe?) and 'learn' to listen and then I assume 'the light' will take care of everything. Thats how I see it, but I may be waaay off! Or is could be the opposite and be about drugs or something.

As far as titles go here are some suggestions just taken from the words of the song.

Reality Bent
Broken Eyes
The Light
Walls
Triple Vision
Escape
"My Own Prison" ---jk jk.

mind over matter could work too.

or how about polyhedral prison? Then people can be like, "Hey, have you heard polyhe...uh...polyher..poly...that cool song? :)
BodomBeachTerror  
23 Oct 2009 11:19 | Quote
Canada
i would have to say the light would be God. but i could be going insane as well. its up for interpretation!

thanks for the title ideas
AlexB  
23 Oct 2009 11:33 | Quote
Mexico
The only God is Shpongle...Hallowed Be Thy Name..

Nah seriously, I believed I commented on this one long time ago, now I realise I didn't haha, anyways I like them, I suck for song names, so I can't help you with it, but what about a flock of consciousness? I don't know really lol
league  
23 Oct 2009 18:41 | Quote
United States
good stuff bbt reminds me of this cartoon i once saw. lol.
BodomBeachTerror  
23 Oct 2009 18:46 | Quote
Canada
haha, not quite the image i meant to give xD

what cartoon was it?
Evan  
23 Oct 2009 18:48 | Quote
United States
What kind of cartoon was that? lol
league  
23 Oct 2009 21:21 | Quote
United States
lol no offense but it was one of those weird french Canadian cartoons that come out late at night. This guy was trying to get out of a room kinda like the pit and the pendulum.
Evan  
23 Oct 2009 21:27 | Quote
United States
lol, those canadians!
BodomBeachTerror  
24 Oct 2009 01:19 | Quote
Canada
us darn canadians!
Evan  
24 Oct 2009 03:07 | Quote
United States
Darn you, buddy!

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.