Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

So it's been a while: A new recording

Songwriting
JustJeff  
29 Jun 2009 10:51 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2

So, here's my latest recording. This is Naissance by Antoine Dufour. I have been working on getting this song right for about 7 months now... and I still don't like how I play it. I need to really sit down and fix it, but I haven't had a lot of time lately.

I was recording another song and figured, what the hell i'll give it a shot. And he's the first recording I gave for it.

I recorded this in an empty stairwell of a parking garage at NCSU. Seems to have a nice little feel to it... and you get some of the night time animals in the background that give it a mood as well.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated as always!

league  
29 Jun 2009 10:57 | Quote
United States
What recorder did you use? That is some good quality recording.

Good picking and I also hear some harmonics. Nice.Some tapping
Rhythm too.
JustJeff  
29 Jun 2009 12:46 | Quote
United States
I'm just using a field recorder.
http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/digitalmedia/2006/08/31/edirol-r-09-digital-recorder-review.html?page=1

It's the Edirol R-09 Digital Recorder. It's since been replaced by a newer model, but I bought this one on clearance for $129 with a free 2gig SD card. Can't beat that >.< It's been my only recording device since.
soy.el.che  
29 Jun 2009 13:03 | Quote
Mexico
Lessons: 1
sweet. you make my self esteem lower. man, i dream with playing like that, also nice guitar
JazzMaverick  
29 Jun 2009 15:44 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Daaaaamn Jeff! Very nice! I'd love to see you play in person one day. Can I request a song for you to learn? "Tight Tright Night" perhaps? I know it'll take a while, but that's a great song to play with a few people.
Admiral  
29 Jun 2009 18:15 | Quote
Germany
Lessons: 1
Man, I don't know the original, but it sounds really good. I like your tone and the clean sound. Very neat playing. We'll I don't really know what else i should give you besides positive feedback! Keep up the work

Btw? Did you tab the song yourself by ear or did you use sheet music/tabs?
JustJeff  
29 Jun 2009 22:44 | Quote
United States
I bought the tabs with the song. I don't think I would of ever been able to tab out this song by ear /

My ear is not that good.
Empirism  
30 Jun 2009 02:31 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
I know that you usually wish to get critics and such...but man, I really tried but I just cant find but few really minor timing mistakes and few times string didnt sounded "perfect" and I mean that by what it is on your rest on the playing... those few mistakes can be counted by one hand or atleast I could to find.

So while song and playing style is that hard, those few minor things cant be too bad, great job. I really liked athmosphere on your recording and reverb... next time, record your playing with audience :)...

I honestly see that with your passion and discipline to practise and music your playing is on the way to perfection.

Empirism
JustJeff  
30 Jun 2009 08:59 | Quote
United States
@Empirism
Thanks for the kind reply. I do appreciate the words. I know I still struggle with timing: This song is very demanding and my hands get tired very easily. Though, I love the song very much.

All of you: Thank you! I'm still looking for negative feedback so that I can find ways to improve: otherwise I'm just gonna have to get down on myself to get better!
carlsnow  
30 Jun 2009 09:06 | Quote
United States
Empirism says:
I know that you usually wish to get critics and such...but man, I really tried but I just cant find but few really minor timing mistakes and few times string didnt sounded "perfect" and I mean that by what it is on your rest on the playing... those few mistakes can be counted by one hand or atleast I could to find

my feelings exactly.

well done Jeff!
JazzMaverick  
30 Jun 2009 14:14 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
There's not much negative feedback necessary man, all you really need to do now is just play the song over and over again, endure the pain and your body will eventually adapt to the playing.

And about learning songs by ear, that comes with A LOT of practice, so don't worry about it!! Besides, buying the official verson is smarter since everything's actually right. :)
bull_dog998  
30 Jun 2009 19:19 | Quote
United States
JustJeff  
1 Jul 2009 14:18 | Quote
United States
Thanks for all the kind words! I really do appreciate them. I am awaiting taking my music to the next level, and hopefully that will happen sometime in the near future.

You guys have all helped me develop as a guitarist and I do appreciate your time in helping me improve.
Brain_drill  
1 Jul 2009 23:35 | Quote
Canada
holy ***,your acoustic guitar skillz and you mic are awesome o_o great job dude!

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.