Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

has anybody tried this?????

Technique
guitarbadass  
13 Aug 2010 23:43 | Quote
United States
i was thinkin bout buyin the david lucis burge perfect pitch surper course iwas wonderin if anybody has tried it and does it work.
EMB5490  
14 Aug 2010 10:10 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
we talked about this before, you cant learn perfect pitch, youre born with it, you can however get good relative pitch. all they do honestly is send you a tuning fork and have you ring it and know that note is e... or something similar, honestly you can do it yourself with your guitar you dont need to spend money to do something like tht
guitarmastergod  
14 Aug 2010 12:53 | Quote
Canada
EMB your not born with anything to me, exept a voice(i dont believe in "natural talent" i only believe that some people have the voice to sing and others dont).... i know someone who has perfect pitch and he has been playing music (piano, and guitar mainly) all his life, he said he developed it from beening around music so much from an early age, both his parents and older brother are musicians so you could maybe learn it. i wouldnt buy that course though cause that guy looks like a tool
telecrater  
14 Aug 2010 13:48 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
I used to have the perfect pitch course and it helped. I never developed the perfect pitch but i also only casually followed through with it and then quit (i get too busy and doing too much at once).

I should have it on mp3 somewhere let me dig for it and i can send it to you or at least a couple of the lessons and you can decide if you want to invest in it.

Yes he looks like a tool but most of that is an image form the mid 80's and most people look like tools. You should not judge based on image.
JazzMaverick  
14 Aug 2010 16:35 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
@ GMG, Nah, unfortunately you're wrong there dude - EMB is right - everyone is born with perfect pitch - it depends on how much music we're surounded by to determine whether we keep it or maintain some form of relative pitch.

@ Guitarbadass - it's a good course... telling you not just about notes but about hearing chords and telling the difference between major, minor, 7th, 9ths, etc... If you don't have a teacher... and you don't have a chord book along with something that can record you playing then this course is definitely useful...

But you'd still be saving money if you just learn chords (from this site = free) play them slowly while recording a bunch at a time... record more and more... but make sure you mix it up!!! So you're not sure what order things are being played... e.g. record one chord per mp3 file, play on windows media player and put shuffle on... guess the chord.

EMB5490  
14 Aug 2010 19:22 | Quote
United States
yeah its a common misconception that its not an opinion whether someone can develop it if theyre not born with it... its a fact that you cant if your not born with it. you cant tell me you dont believe in natural talents... comon... out of a family of soccer players comes out a great soccer player coincidence? comon. my dads a concert pianist and it just happens that i have a good feel for music? comon, you honestly cant believe that an nba player from a family of basketball players doesnt have a leg up to be a basketball player...

i think we'd all like to believe that we can but you cant, unless your born with it and had no idea what it is and didnt go into music at all, then randomy wanted to learn about it and found that you had it doesnt count, thats probably a huge case... thats being born with it and never developing the talent because you never got into music. to use perfect pitch you still need to know an "e" is an "e" but once youre theyre you can tell if its sharp or flat, what note it is... i think... right? i believe thats what it is...
JazzMaverick  
14 Aug 2010 19:34 | Quote
United Kingdom
@ EMB, yeah that's perfect pitch... being able to tell if it's sharp or flat from the original note. It takes MANY years of practice!

Also, I don't mean to sound like a grammer freak but there are three types of "There"s: -

1.There: which can be described for location, ammount or what you said above... "once you're THERE"

2.They're: which stands for "they are" e.g. "THEY'RE going out"

3.Their: which is for other people e.g. "that's THEIR guitar" or "their theory behind this is..."
EMB5490  
14 Aug 2010 19:39 | Quote
United States
yeah yeah i know mom i just dont use it is all :) hah

honestly i type so fast i use the one that i think is right without thinking really about it...

I believe theyre going over there to get their ball.... happy? :p
guitarbadass  
15 Aug 2010 01:07 | Quote
United States
yea telecrater if you could get that that would be awesome and very much apperciated,if u can get it let me know on here.thanx
case211  
15 Aug 2010 01:35 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
*WARNING: THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TOPIC AT HAND*

@ jazz

hahaha

You grammar freak ;) (jk jk)
Ozzfan486  
15 Aug 2010 01:53 | Quote
United States

On topic though, I think if you're not born with it, as a musician and as time goes by you get more of an ear for the notes and things. It'll never be PERFECT, but who cares. It's usually close enough. If not, that's why we have tuners. :P
EMB5490  
15 Aug 2010 08:41 | Quote
United States
but what im saying is to have the talent of perfect pitch you are born with it. sure you can work and work to get it almost perfect but it never will be, thats a fact, not an opinion
Ozzfan486  
15 Aug 2010 15:20 | Quote
United States
^^^ Exactly.
JazzMaverick  
15 Aug 2010 15:42 | Quote
United Kingdom
BAHAHA :D Ahhh I always have a giggle on this forum.

Empirism  
15 Aug 2010 15:43 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Yeah, Ive understood that there are no evidence that adult have got the absolute pitch.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.