Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

He-hey! [Glasvegas]

Music and Bands
Mici  
17 Sep 2009 12:20 | Quote
Kosovo
Hey folks! How've you been? :P
I'm kinda getting back here now (hope so :P).
The first new topic from me here: Glasvegas. They're a Scottish Indie Rock band that I friggin love and I was wondering if any of you guys has ever heard of them. If yes, please tell me what you think of them!
Anyway, I've been checking up on you guys time after time. Interesting topics there've been, like the one where you discussed (
JazzMaverick  
17 Sep 2009 12:28 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Holy crap dude, welcome back! I think I saw you around the time I joined - if not, old posts you left.

I've never heard of the guys but the sound great - thanks for sharing!
Mici  
17 Sep 2009 13:38 | Quote
Kosovo
Hahahah! T'feels kinda nice to see somments like that. LOL!
I forgot to mention that most Metalheads will probably dislike them.
Good to know you like them, though.
Tracks I recommend: "Daddy's Gone", "Geraldine" and SAD Light!
What I like so much about them is that they have this thing I call soul in music. They put so much feeling in their music, and it looks like they do it for the great fun of it, although they're not very technical at it, like no solos and stuff. The simplicity in their music, close to minimalism in most cases.
nater2  
18 Sep 2009 13:23 | Quote
United States
i just looked them up and i like them i a lot. what do you think is there best song?
JazzMaverick  
18 Sep 2009 14:55 | Quote
United Kingdom
I don't think any band should have a "Best song" because music is music and there's good stuff in every tune.
JustJeff  
19 Sep 2009 13:06 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Jazz, c'mon now. Everyone writes bad music. Sometimes, when you write a song, everything just clicks.
Heather  
19 Sep 2009 14:00 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
Hey Mici! Wow it's almost like someone from beyond the grave has come back, a lot of you old members you see in accient posts just don't seem like they're ever gonig to return. I'm amazed! Welcome back.

I will listen to this group tomorrow. I've never heard of them, but I'm open minded to try out a new tune.

@Jazz and Jeff, you're both right. Jazz has a good point because no matter what 'good' or 'bad' music is all a matter of opinion. If there's a tune you don't like, there's always going to be someone who loves it. Even if the words or even tabs sound a bit naff or amature to you. But everyone has written songs that seem better put then others. Did you see some of my older work I posted up here? In comparison, I'm quite proud of 'Going it Alone.' Those other 2 songs weren't good at all I think now, looking back. But at the time I somehow thoguht I did a good job. BUT again, there's still always going to be someone else out there who will diagree with me on that too. Again, you're both right.
JazzMaverick  
19 Sep 2009 18:57 | Quote
United Kingdom
Heather says:
If there's a tune you don't like, there's always going to be someone who loves it.

Couldn't have put it better.

Jeff, BUT if they write bad music, they're not going to be publishing that one and even if it's bad - there's always rough ideas in there to build anew.
Mici  
20 Sep 2009 11:21 | Quote
Kosovo
@Heather: Thanks a lot! Hahah! I'm starting to like these little "comebacks". :P
@Nater2: Well, it's quite hard to make up my mind. But some of their songs are quite special to me, although they haven't got many of them. The first song of them I heard is "Daddy's Gone" and it's just very special to me for a kinda special reason. :P Then there's "Geraldine" which I find to be a very, very good song and "Please Come Back Home", which literally get's me crying, even just thinking about it.
What I find very interesting about them is that they've got so many songs that "take place" in Christmas Time or just in winter.

@Everyone else: I imagine what Nater meant with "their best song" is MY favorite song, because everybody knows the "taste thing".

@JazzMaverick's post from before: Yes, I think I was still posting when you joined.
Heather  
20 Sep 2009 12:19 | Quote
United Kingdom
No problem Mici! :] Wow so you were still posting when I was here too? Aww I must not have ever spoke to you, which I bet is a shame because you seem like a nice guy.

I'm listening to Glasvegas. Nice stuff! I like Geraldine. It sounds lively, but laid back at the same time. I like that. Thanks for sharing them!
Nutter166  
20 Sep 2009 13:46 | Quote
Wales
I have one thing to say.

It's Mici!!!! Welcome back dude :)
Mici  
22 Sep 2009 09:04 | Quote
Kosovo
A-hahah! Yay, thanks a lot, Jord!
@Heather: Actually, I meant JazzMaverick with that, and looking and the date you joined, I don't think I was posting at THAT time, although I might have.
And yes, it is kinda lively and laid back at the same time. I was just listening to it coming back from school and then to "Legs n'Show" (another song by them) and it occurred to me again how laid back they really are. It's one thing I really like about them because they're not giving you moral lessons, telling you how to live your life: do this, do that, live, Love, f@#$ and whatever, they're just nice songs. OK, they're not some super, awesome band that I would listen to for the rest of my life, but they're simple and I DO enjoy that. :D
Oh, and thanks for the Karma point! :D
Heather  
22 Sep 2009 13:22 | Quote
United Kingdom
No probelm Mici! :] I just thought you needed more then one ha. And I knew you aimed at Jazz sorry, just I joined not long before her so I thought I'd still have seen you about.
JustJeff  
22 Sep 2009 15:26 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
@Jazz:

You win :) I've scrapped so many bad songs and mixed them into new songs it's not even funny. I'm actually working on one right now...

I need to buy a new video camera so I can start recording again... mine doesn't work anymore :(
AlexB  
22 Sep 2009 16:21 | Quote
Mexico
I Dont know you,but cool!!
JazzMaverick  
22 Sep 2009 21:20 | Quote
United Kingdom
Jeff, I've gotta hear more tracks from you! Can't wait! :D
vincejonesiii  
23 Sep 2009 10:00 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
im workin on new stuff lol NEWW NEW STUFF

my next project is gonna be for my freinds youtube show called
fluffy jack
this song is for season 2

any way if you wanna hear me play guitar i play inseason 1 episode 16 at around 3:10 (this is when i sucked really bad

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.