Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

help!. i need somebody, help!

Technique
soy.el.che  
28 Dec 2008 22:42 | Quote
Mexico
Lessons: 1
guys, lately im feeling like im loosing the rock spirit i once had.. as time passes, i play my guitar less and less each time... ive become lazy, even when it comes to makin a band, to composing, recodin... i feel.... nothiing, though, i feel bad about it, it makes me kinda sad the fact that i dont play my guitar almost anymore.. i havent played live in more than a year.. for some, playing live once in a lifetime might be good, enough, im not feelin good
telecrater  
28 Dec 2008 22:55 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
maybe it's time to find some folks to jam with and re-engage that spirit. put it down for a while listen to some different music? maybe you've out grown that guitar? get an acoustic or sometime different maybe your were born to play the fiddle or the banjo.

You know just cuz' you don't feel like rocking does'nt mean that the music died maybe you need to embrace the inner twang. Maybe you need's some country to get you back ing the wright mind. go home and listen to some hank :)
brodyxhollow  
28 Dec 2008 23:23 | Quote
United States
it happens to all musicians. trust me, ive had it happen to many times before, and i always come back. i was close to giving up completely once, and then i went to my friends house and started talking to her brother in law, and he really opened my eyes to the music inside. we sat around talking, and passing the guitar all night. i couldnt believe how after that night i started playing again, harder then i ever had before.
Littlewing  
29 Dec 2008 00:28 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
Licks: 5
That's happened to me before. Jimi Hendrix once said "Your going to hate practicing and the guitar itself but in the end it was all worth it."
BodomBeachTerror  
29 Dec 2008 00:30 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
yea im kinda like that now
Phip  
29 Dec 2008 06:12 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
@ soy,
I guess this happens to us all from time to time. Don't feel bad about it, just recognize it for what it is, natural. Learning something new will almost certainly renew your interest and passion. As long as you aren't playing at the moment why not look over the lessons section and find something there that you have never tried before, a new technique or "way of thinking". You'll soon find yourself picking up the guitar just to "try" these new concepts and before you know it you will be engrossed in playing again.
this would be an excellent time to learn the things you were "too busy" to learn before like notation and transcribing. Don't panic, you are normal! (well sort of LOL) I was hoping to do a song (La Bamba) with you in the future so hang in there buddy.
Phip
JazzMaverick  
29 Dec 2008 09:20 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Yeah, get some people together and Jam Soy. If anything, Jam with us on the forum, make some rhythm, someone else records their piece and so on. Of course it's not as good as live but it's something.

If you don't meet up with people you know, post flyers around town, giving your number so other people can get hold of you to jam. It's also a great way to meet new people, I've done it and really did benefit from it.

About the whole lazy part, it happens, but it's down to us to force ourselves out of being lazy. There's so much technology around no wonder we're all lazy.
Heather  
29 Dec 2008 09:46 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
Yeah I've done that before too. I thought I made the wrong move choosing the guitar for a breif part of time, I just wanted to either quit everything I have with music or at least go back to my banjo. After a while of being lazy for weeks I thought maybe I should practice, then I got bored again and left it stood against my bedroom wall. Then I thought it was a shame, I got far enough to the point where I thought I'd be worth a good guitar, but left it. So now I'm back in the spirit and practice every day again. Just let it blow over by trying now and then until you get back to normal.

You should, since you woried anough to post for help on the subject. It must still be there.
Empirism  
29 Dec 2008 09:55 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Ive been through that many times. Empty headed, frustrated to stuck in learning, lazy, do not have time etc. etc... Remember, John Lennon had year to not touching guitar if I remember right...

I still have those feelings at time to time... I live with it. I dont push anything, if I have no inspiration or anything I let my guitar be... and do some jogging xD...not bad to everyone ^^

Ever tried to be a week without playing, but still care/clean your guitar everyday? ;) worth to try...

Cheers
JazzMaverick  
29 Dec 2008 10:01 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
I didn't play it for four days and I went insane, lately I can't handle it if I'm not playing the guitar, it's my all time favourite imaginary drug! :D I hope you all experience that sometime in the future.
patleh  
29 Dec 2008 10:47 | Quote
United States
yeah a lot of times this happens to me with other stuff like sports and what not. it'll come back on it's own don't worry too much.
brodyxhollow  
29 Dec 2008 10:58 | Quote
United States
there are some people who can put down the guitar, and never touch it again. its not because they suck, or dont want to play. they just forget that they can play, or that they at one time wanted to. youd be amazed at how just taking some time off, and giving it another chance in the future can rejuvenate your feeling. just dont be afraid to try.
aterrell  
29 Dec 2008 23:40 | Quote
United States
I agree with Phip and Telecrater. I think learning something new would spark your rockin fire more than listening to different music, buit both will do the trick.

@Jazz: I know exactly what you mean. I'm totally addicted to playin guitar and I love it.
Dyl4N  
30 Dec 2008 17:01 | Quote
Mexico
hey che...no t desanimes hermano, a mi tmbn m paso...y ps esperemos q sea momentaneo como lo fue para mi...
@Jazzy: AGREE!!! i went to the beach for 5 days and im just arriving, the first thing i did was play my guitar after 5 days of not practicing and now im feeling so much better!!!

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.