Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Beginner bands you know?

Band Promotion
Heather  
12 Oct 2008 16:41 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
Okay, so I know we've been looking at vidios and songs for what we generally like, but now I'd like to hear from any new small bands/singers you know of. My frreind Johnny HarGrave's crew came up with this 'Man Made. What small bands do you know of?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kwy2PbnSRQk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kwy2PbnSRQk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Nightmare  
12 Oct 2008 16:47 | Quote
Lebanon
almost all members here are old-school, so good luck.. Johnny HarGrave's is he related to Owen HarGrave's the soccer(football) player
Heather  
12 Oct 2008 16:57 | Quote
United Kingdom
Not that I know of no. I think I mispelled his name a bit; Johnny Haregrave. There we go. He's mainly a producer from what he's told me.
jcb3000  
12 Oct 2008 17:18 | Quote
United Kingdom
i can only thing of two relatively new ones at the moment:
Rig up explosive, very catchy
The Envy Corps, insane live
BodomBeachTerror  
12 Oct 2008 18:12 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
RUN!WIZARDS! (my bros band)
Machinery (my bros friends band)
Sparrow Sparrow (my bros other friends band)

ill find the myspaces later
CTown  
12 Oct 2008 18:21 | Quote
United States
Heather, there was a thread posted a while back called: "Challenge: What happened to good music" which I think covers alot of what you're looking for. But here's a few:

The Calling, Joshua Radin, Matt Wertz, Old 97's/Rhett Miller, Afgan Whigs, Dishwalla, Local H, Stroke 9 (Some of these might be better described as one hit wonders)
Doz  
12 Oct 2008 18:26 | Quote
United Kingdom
Rig Up Explosive come from near me JCB.
Ozzfan486  
12 Oct 2008 20:02 | Quote
United States
Myself. lol.
Ummm. I heard of one called Motor Gun Hotel off of Fuse, their singer was a drug addict, got clean and they performed some big show at the Roxy in LA. I like them.
TheAmericanBrit  
12 Oct 2008 21:06 | Quote
United States
Joshua Radin is boss.

league  
12 Oct 2008 22:21 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Pitfall (a bad ass Thrash band I jammed with in L.A.) and Fingerdrool Team (my cousin's prog rock band)
Heather  
13 Oct 2008 14:11 | Quote
United Kingdom
Thanks for that CTown, I'll go take a look.

BBT, MySpace urls would be great thanks. I think we should all checkout these beginner bands and try to support the quiet talent, listening to celebrities that are doing to much to notice each fan is pretty boring by now, well for me anyway.
JazzMaverick  
14 Oct 2008 09:37 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Skold, glad you like Joshua Radin. Did you hear the Winter song I recommended?

Lindsey Cleary might be interesting to you, Heather.

http://www.thisislindsey.com/

She's an English verson of Kelly Clarkson.

Though, it depends on what style you want. I can give you a number of new bands/artists... it just depends on what style you're looking for.

A fairly new Jazz Artist; Christian Scott. His Anthem Album is amazing. "Dialect" is my favourite song, I love the way he messes with time signatures.

Guthrie Govan isn't new but he's worth looking into. He's Jazz Fusion, and DAMN he's good.

Anyway, those aren't the new artists/bands I was thinking of, just let me know the style and I'll find stuff for you.
TheAmericanBrit  
14 Oct 2008 10:22 | Quote
United States
JazzMaverick says:
Did you hear the Winter song I recommended?

And I remember the truth......a warm December with you...

I use to listen to the song every day.

The vocals are terrific. Sounds almost like they were sung backwards, and played forward.
Dyl4N  
8 Nov 2008 18:20 | Quote
Mexico
well mayb noones knows this guy...but he has a great alternative style, his name is Nujabes and he is from Tokyo Japan; he is a sound engineer so he mostly do like hip-hop rock electro style...but he is so good...u might search him @ youtube like nujabes he is kind of famous at japan, so my recomendation is the song of "aruarian dance" or "eclipse"...they r so good...if someone is more interested in having this guy's songs just ask me

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.