Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

do you think.......

General Chat
V3N0M3333  
1 Sep 2011 21:59 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 15
its bad if a band gets signed before they have ever played a show...or even after the 1st show?
DarkRiff  
1 Sep 2011 22:12 | Quote
United States
Licks: 2
Before they even played a show, yes it's bad. After the 1st show, well if someone signs a band after the 1st show, either they are already really good from practicing or they have potential to be good.
HunterHAH  
1 Sep 2011 22:42 | Quote
United States
Did you get signed V3N0M3333?
AlexB  
2 Sep 2011 00:01 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
yes its bad,cause the "signer" doesnt know what he is signing! get it? i'd rather go big than go fast in that business..
V3N0M3333  
2 Sep 2011 07:36 | Quote
United States
@hunter we are supposedly getting signed before or after the show we have this month, which im not too thrilled about because none of our songs were ever listened to by anyone...we JUST made a demo yesterday and this deal was made by the screamer(behind the bands back) before i came back down to NC from NY

@Alex i kinda understand what your saying about going big than fast

AlexB says:
the "signer" doesnt know what he is signing! get it?

what do you mean by this??
case211  
2 Sep 2011 09:28 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
@Venom

Dude, I totally wouldn't do it. It just sounds like a sketchy deal. Most labels usually hold off and keep tabs on bands they like for a long time, usually up to a year. For them it's to see how well they do with playing the shows, and also how consistent they are.

If I were you, I'd beat the screamer into place about this right now. You don't need someone making deals behind your bands back dude, that will lead to trouble almost all the time.
V3N0M3333  
2 Sep 2011 09:35 | Quote
United States
@case i definitely will do that....i dont know anything about the busines but it takes common sense to know not to make that deal

didnt woe, is me do the same thing?

@alexb i misread it...i thought it said "singer" and "singing" lol....now i know what you mean lol
nullnaught  
2 Sep 2011 12:27 | Quote
i bird told me 800 dollars can get you a label.
V3N0M3333  
2 Sep 2011 17:12 | Quote
United States
i thought it costs $50000 to start a record label :/

if it is 800 ill start my own then lol
case211  
2 Sep 2011 18:33 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
You could have a label, but it is going to be more than $800. You could probably 'buy' into a label for sales and such for about a thousand dollars. I've had a contract sent to me from a label and they said that $1,000 up front would cover the cost of the distribution online, and if sales were enough, they would produce CDs and start distributing them-BUT, I was accountable for all recording of the material.
V3N0M3333  
2 Sep 2011 18:44 | Quote
United States
that doesnt sound too bad to me....i would look on youtube to find out how to record my own stuff to cut studio time costs anyway
wiliamfret  
3 Sep 2011 10:43 | Quote
Egypt
I'm sorry for being stupid but im not very good in English , so please explain a bit because sometimes a word has two meanings what do you mean by sign? did you sign for a fan or did you sign a contract

"Jackass" signing
JazzMaverick  
3 Sep 2011 20:13 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
First, if you don't know who you're getting signed by - it sounds like a joke. Take this as a job interview - you must always research the company before you go in there and tell them why you want the job...

Second, I quite simply do not believe that you're getting signed, especially since you haven't made a single Album yet nor have you actually performed. It's not that easy in the music world... That's just fact. Someone's yanking your chain.

If they ask you to give them money then it's clearly a scam, and if you've never heard of their company before - that's even more signs of a joke. You should prepare yourself for things like this man. Don't ever get too excited or you could end up in a seriously devastating pinch.
V3N0M3333  
4 Sep 2011 10:36 | Quote
United States
JazzMaverick says:
First, if you don't know who you're getting signed by - it sounds like a joke. Take this as a job interview - you must always research the company before you go in there and tell them why you want the job...

i saw the labels page on FB...but i never heard of it

JazzMaverick says:
Second, I quite simply do not believe that you're getting signed, especially since you haven't made a single Album yet nor have you actually performed. It's not that easy in the music world... That's just fact. Someone's yanking your chain.

i dont know if its a fact nor do i care....i was gonna tell him(screamer) to stop contacting them in the 1st place because it was a stupid idea

JazzMaverick says:
If they ask you to give them money then it's clearly a scam, and if you've never heard of their company before - that's even more signs of a joke. You should prepare yourself for things like this man. Don't ever get too excited or you could end up in a seriously devastating pinch.

i dont know all of the details, but i dont think they asked for money....i wasnt the least bit excited. i actually got mad when he told me....plus like i said before he did it behind our backs

@williamfret we are talking about signing a contraact
wiliamfret  
4 Sep 2011 11:20 | Quote
Egypt
LOl, you are too late my friend i read the comments and understood it bymyself

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.