Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Reactors in Japan

General Chat
1 2
gshredder2112  
19 Mar 2011 16:21 | Quote
United States
Licks: 3
^^thats sum serious ** if it happens or when i shud say.........
neomass1  
19 Mar 2011 19:25 | Quote
United States
My heart goes out the people of Japan. They are a great people, and will over come this.
Admiral  
20 Mar 2011 06:44 | Quote
Germany
Lessons: 1
I'm not too much of a fan of those conspiracy and end-of-the-world phophecys which are coming up.

check this out: 9/11/01 and 11/03/11..both very awful dates. Add them together and tataaa: 20/12/12!

I almost cried when I read this ^^ But I wonder how they always find some correlating dates.

I recently heard an interesting interview with a climate scientist, and he was strongly supporting nuclear reactors.

But the Japanese must feel weird about our newschannels. Thousands of people died there, and the only thing that interests media is the nuclear reactors.
With that situation in Japan, the next chancellor in Germany will very likely be a member of the "green party" (supporting environment etc.)

Had this had any significant impact on the debate about nuclear Energy in the USA?
btimm  
20 Mar 2011 09:54 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
I haven't seen too much, though we have some mild protesting in front of the building where I work. I know both Obama and Secretary of Energy have stated that they still stand firmly in favor of safe, reliable, nuclear energy, which is a good sign.

I am not going to get into too much of conspiracy theory or end of world prophecies, because I don't want to potentially offend anyone. I will say this much though and I think everyone will agree on it: You can't control the end of the world, but you can control yourself. I think you should just do your best to be the best possible person you can be. There are a few other things I think, but I definitely think that concerning those two things, eveyrone would agree with me.
nullnaught  
4 Apr 2011 22:37 | Quote
Im guessing this had to do with the earthquake that recently hit japan. I was told this story. A lot of debre was washed out into the ocean after the earthquake. A skinny starving dog was seen adrift far out in the ocean. He was rescued. Isnt that just wonderful? It brings tears to my eyes knowing some people cared enough to save the dog.
gshredder2112  
4 Apr 2011 22:44 | Quote
United States
yes tha was a beautiful story.
btimm  
4 Apr 2011 22:53 | Quote
United States
It does pertain to what happened in Japan. As far as what happens to dogs over there, it makes me so angry. I have read elsewhere that people are actually being sent over to Japan from the US (not sure what other countries are doing) to help with the animals. Really? thousands of people died, hundreds of thousands are without homes, and we are helping a *!ng dog?? Where are the priorities here? I am sorry but these stories and those ads you see on TV for the Humane Society and making donations make me want to punch them so hard. Really? You want me to donate so that Fido can be helped while I sit and don't take that money and donate to some other fund that helps humans? Really??? Sorry, not gonna *!ng happen.

/end rant
gshredder2112  
4 Apr 2011 23:29 | Quote
United States
,@btimm i dont want to start an arguement,so please do not take anything im about to say personaaly,its just how i feel and it is no way meant to be hostile toward you.* note im aboyt to sound very peta here so dont flame me.

what makes a humans life more important than an animals? because humans are smarter? so hypothetically if me and another guy were both i need of medical treatmen,they would chose to pick the guy with the higher iq? the animals in japan have suffered the same tragedys that the humans have,they are just as homeless,just ad hungry,and just as injured.
it is a human responsibilty to help the weak and injured wether they be human or animal,i understand that you donate your money too help humans,and that them helping animals is sort of a betrayal of the charity to help animals,but if just a small bit of youf money can help stop Any of the worlds suffering,you say that you would withold it because it does not stop

the suffering of the species you want too?that just seems kind of well. for lack of a better word mean,but thats how you feel,it is how feel,i cant change your mind nor can i tell you that you wanting to help humans over animals is wrong.but keep in mind that,the above was not ment to insult you.it was just my perssonal opinion,and some things for you to think about.

gs2112
nullnaught  
4 Apr 2011 23:43 | Quote
Is it that humans can read and write and build things that require factories, that pollute our planet, that makes a humans life more worthy than a dogs?
JazzMaverick  
5 Apr 2011 01:41 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
@Btimm, I can totally understand how you feel there. But it was thanks to a few dogs that they managed to find an old woman and her young grandson trapped under a broken house for 10 days.

You're allowed to refuse your donations dude - that's cool.

But why not let other people do what they want? It doesn't literally interfere with anything you're doing and I think it's important to try and help all life.

The reason why we humans constantly feel alone is because we don't accept the other life around us into our daily lives. You'd be surprised to find out just how clever animals can be.

They can even smell cancer. That's saved a few lives!

Anyway, my point; there's no point getting so angry at things like that. People are helping the country out in their own ways. Those animals are part of that country. You help in ways that you want, and these people help in their own way - shouldn't bother you that much man.

If we didn't have these other species around us, we would be so insanely lonely... probably well and truly thinking that we're alone in the universe. I think it's nice that they're doing what they're doing. :)

We are the more dominant - and superior species, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't show compassion and love to them.
gshredder2112  
5 Apr 2011 01:49 | Quote
United States
^^this +1
nullnaught  
5 Apr 2011 02:03 | Quote
What exactally makes us more superior?
JazzMaverick  
5 Apr 2011 02:06 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
@ Nullnaught, no offense, but I seriously can't be bothered to start an arguement. I believe we're superior simply because I believe we are - that doesn't mean we should belittle them, and make them feel lower, we should love them as much as possible.

You can believe what you want, too. I'm not going to, nor would I have any intentions in stopping you.
nullnaught  
5 Apr 2011 02:09 | Quote
ok.
Admiral  
5 Apr 2011 05:12 | Quote
Germany
Lessons: 1
To get back to the topic, I think its just horrible how Tepco hides information from the public. In such a case you have to stand over your mistakes and cooperate with everyone and play with an open hand
BodomBeachTerror  
5 Apr 2011 11:24 | Quote
Canada
I hate how i never hear about whats happening in Japan anymore cause of this stupid election coming up..
btimm  
5 Apr 2011 11:33 | Quote
United States
gshredder2112 says:
,@btimm i dont want to start an arguement,so please do not take anything im about to say personaaly,its just how i feel and it is no way meant to be hostile toward you.* note im aboyt to sound very peta here so dont flame me.

what makes a humans life more important than an animals? because humans are smarter? so hypothetically if me and another guy were both i need of medical treatmen,they would chose to pick the guy with the higher iq? the animals in japan have suffered the same tragedys that the humans have,they are just as homeless,just ad hungry,and just as injured.
it is a human responsibilty to help the weak and injured wether they be human or animal,i understand that you donate your money too help humans,and that them helping animals is sort of a betrayal of the charity to help animals,but if just a small bit of youf money can help stop Any of the worlds suffering,you say that you would withold it because it does not stop

the suffering of the species you want too?that just seems kind of well. for lack of a better word mean,but thats how you feel,it is how feel,i cant change your mind nor can i tell you that you wanting to help humans over animals is wrong.but keep in mind that,the above was not ment to insult you.it was just my perssonal opinion,and some things for you to think about.

gs2112

I think you might misunderstand me. I am not saying helping animals is a bad thing. Or at least, I did not mean to convey that message. I simply mean that helping animals before helping humans seems like priorities need fixing. A human is without question more important than any other animal and it isn't even debatable to be honest. Personally I believe it is because of a soul, but I understand other people do not share my beliefs and that is fine. No human is any more important to me than any other human, but a human is without question more important than any dog or other animal.
btimm  
5 Apr 2011 11:37 | Quote
United States
JazzMaverick says:
@Btimm, I can totally understand how you feel there. But it was thanks to a few dogs that they managed to find an old woman and her young grandson trapped under a broken house for 10 days.

You're allowed to refuse your donations dude - that's cool.

But why not let other people do what they want? It doesn't literally interfere with anything you're doing and I think it's important to try and help all life.

The reason why we humans constantly feel alone is because we don't accept the other life around us into our daily lives. You'd be surprised to find out just how clever animals can be.

They can even smell cancer. That's saved a few lives!

Anyway, my point; there's no point getting so angry at things like that. People are helping the country out in their own ways. Those animals are part of that country. You help in ways that you want, and these people help in their own way - shouldn't bother you that much man.

If we didn't have these other species around us, we would be so insanely lonely... probably well and truly thinking that we're alone in the universe. I think it's nice that they're doing what they're doing. :)

We are the more dominant - and superior species, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't show compassion and love to them.

Everyone has their pet peeves and this is one of mine. I am sorry, but it does bother me when people are spending their time and energy and money to help an animal when PEOPLE are suffering and in need of that help. I will always choose to help a person over an animal and it's not close.

That isn't to say I don't love animals. I do. In fact, until just a few weeks ago, we had a dog as a pet and I cried (don't laugh too hard) when I had to give him away to someone else, because he was getting aggressive with my son. I'd understand if my son was pulling his ears or tail or something, but he'd just walk up to the dog and start laughing, because he loved the dog. I just won't put my children at risk though, so he had to go, tough thing to do. He's actually a Japanese dog at that, he's a Shiba Inu. Greatest dog I ever had. So it isn't that I am just a cold person who hates animals, I just value human life much more than the lives of animals.
gshredder2112  
5 Apr 2011 11:53 | Quote
United States
@bttim what makes you think an animal has no soul? what defines a soul? the ability to feel hear see and smell,they have that.
but on a side note,we are dominate over dogs,and we should i guess put saving humans first,and animals second.i agrre with you ther,B ut the only i was sortof offened by your fiest comment,is because you implied that we should not help the animal at all,
they deserve too be helped,because as i said before if us humans can stop any suffering in the world we should do it.
gs2112
btimm  
5 Apr 2011 12:01 | Quote
United States
I apologize if I offended you, that certainly was not my intention.
gshredder2112  
5 Apr 2011 12:13 | Quote
United States
same here, i apologize also,you have your pet peeve and i have mine,and when the two clash....BLAM!!! this thread happens i hope we can put this behind us and call a truce....NOW i believe you have an interview this week so i better go ask you sum questions (: best wishes.
gs2112
nullnaught  
5 Apr 2011 12:38 | Quote
Saying that you cried about your dog having to be taken away shows how much you do love animals. And that i can really respect.
1 2

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.