Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

okay so who's an anti hippie or who just plain doesn't like hippies?

General Chat
patleh  
6 May 2009 19:32 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
just to counteract the other thread to be fair, who is one of those people who likes hard rock, or heavy metal, or you just don't like hippies. No offense to the other members of the forum, but i personally don't like the want to be a drug addict, it doesn't make anysense to me. Possibly because my whole family are alchholics, and two of my grandfathers died from it. I'm not quite sure, but i am sure that i don't like hippies who else is with me?
telecrater  
6 May 2009 19:39 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
hippie haters suck
EMB5490  
6 May 2009 19:42 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
opposite copy cat! lol
patleh  
6 May 2009 19:45 | Quote
United States
well i just thought it would be fare to have the other side have their voices heard as well.

@Tele- But who would in a fight?lol
telecrater  
6 May 2009 20:08 | Quote
United States
bring it on fascist (kidding)

Just because you believe in peace and love don't mean you won't go blow to blow when the sh!* hits the fan.

or atleast the type of hippie i am will

patleh  
6 May 2009 20:33 | Quote
United States
but i thought all hippies were for peace like john lennon which people always label as tthe spokesperson for early hippies.
Ozzfan486  
6 May 2009 20:42 | Quote
United States
I love hard rock and metal more but I like both kinds of music. I guess I'm just a fan of the sounds overall......dudes.

brodyxhollow  
6 May 2009 21:18 | Quote
United States
the sixties hippy movement was a great ideal, but drugs got in the way. being a hippy isnt about drugs. being a druggy is about drugs. being a hippy is about peace and exploration and good will toward all. it's somewhat of a shame that the word hippy has to have drug connotations to some. John Lennon was a millionaire heroin addict, with no real sense of reality. He promoted what he thought were great ideals, but most had no practicality in real life. Hippys did do some great things in the sixties; but there were a lot more who did worse.

that being said.

hippies still stuck.
Crunch  
7 May 2009 00:24 | Quote
United States
I share a few ideals with hippies, but only a few. I would use the philosophy presented in Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead" as a generalization of my views. Great book too.
Heather  
7 May 2009 13:03 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
Hippies rock! But you know Pat, no offence intended but I don't think all hippies get hyped up on drugs. I've noticed a funny retro group in my town, (there's a magnificent lake near my home, they like to meditate there) who seem like the 60s stereotype. They wear some...very interestingly eccentric clothing! And even have a bright yellow VW hippie van and listen to some usual music we normally associate hippies with.

But they are friendly enough guys, they're just cheery and love the life on the open road. They don't take those drugs, to be honest I don't even think they drink often. I don't think it's fair of you to stereotype them as druggies. They're very nice and easy going from my experiance. They're just fun and willing to try some strange thing for a thrill (such as meditateing in the middle of a roundabout, lol!)

Anyway, hope that changed the way you see hippies in general. But to be honest I don't want to see amny more hippie topics flooding the forums. One's enough, despite how awesome they are!
Phip  
7 May 2009 13:15 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
True confession
I didn't take my first drink until I was 28. And I never tried drugs until I was a bit older than that, so we weren't all getting high. It was more of a state of mind for me.
I don't advocate drugs for minors. When you get older it's a matter of choice imo.
Still............pass that bad boy here..........
(Patleh, cover your eyes, don't look)

But seriously Patleh, I applaud you for speaking your mind. You have a problem with people promoting drug use and you feel strongly about it. You weren't afraid to post your opinion even though it might be unpopular and I respect that.
Phip
patleh  
7 May 2009 16:25 | Quote
United States
it's not even so much that people are doing drugs, it's that people are addicted to the drugs, because they think its cool. But yeah i think giving drugs to minors atleast to the younger minors is very,very wrong. But to be honest the music isn't all bad, it's okay. sometimes the peaceful crap just doesn't do it for me. Cheech and Chong is hilarious.
Empirism  
7 May 2009 17:09 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Hmm, what ive read in these two threads, I think Phip and Tele are the real "hippies" and they know how it all started. What comes to me, how can this kind of northern youngster be a hippie? just when taking drugs?

No, when I think about it all and look all the subjects on wider area. I think the whole drugs, hippie movement, eastern philosophy, spiritualism, love, peace, fashion and many other things are funny process. accidences followed by other accidences.

Merry Pranksters formed around Ken Kesey started their "Magic Bus Trip" on early '60 and could easily be called the first "hippies" or are they Hipsters (I think that is an Term from Jazz slang) are considered as subculture of hippies, but how drugtaking hipsters can be subculture of hippies formed by Merry Pranksters (whose whole purpose was test of psychedelic drugs)?... anyway

What I trying to say is that once again, western people as well as northern does not understood to spirituality known by eastern people which I suppose is from Vedanta. And starting to take psychedelic drugs as compensate the "work" needed for spiritual enlightment (yes, yes I know that marijuana use was a big part of worshiping shiva, but vedanta is more than that).

All this leads whole thing to wrong way. Away from that what for the Phip and the many others was.
Phip says:
It was more of a state of mind for me!

Beatniks, Beat generation, Hippies, Hipsters, western philosophies, Sex, Drugs, Revolutionary visions as well as actions, eastern philosophies, gurus, Goverment, Fashion, CIA, Shamans and natives from Mexico, Music, Revolution in music... just the name few subjects... cant be more mess?

Yet, despite all this when somebody say to me here in northern part of globe word Hippy or Hippie. One thing still come to my mind first and its peace. no Drugs.

telecrater  
7 May 2009 20:53 | Quote
United States
Empirism says:
Merry Pranksters formed around Ken Kesey started their "Magic Bus Trip" on early '60

Did you also know that the grateful dead and Jefferson airplane was a big part of that?

I really missed that bus by 30 years. Phip is right it's a state of mind, a culture, a brotherhood, of pure anarchy. it's a beautify thing.
patleh  
7 May 2009 21:41 | Quote
United States
I was just at the Beatnick museum in Sanfrancisco. and i disagree, it talked about the whole thing stemmed from using drugs.
Nutter166  
8 May 2009 01:31 | Quote
Wales
Licks: 2
Hmm what would it be then if you are dis-satisfied with the goverment/world and believe the only way to take it down is through Direct Action? Though you'd have to have some fully ready to take over from the fall of the goverment.

I like both sideds but I'm more of a rocker, my sister is more of the hippie, though my uncle was the family hippie, it is more of a mindset and way of life then the use of drugs and taste in music.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.