Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

An Apology

General Chat
1 2
Skold  
23 Jun 2008 00:49 | Quote
United States
I just wanted to take a second to apologize to the forum for my actions. I'm very sorry for the way I acted towards others on this site, and I hope that you all can forgive me. I'm going to stay away from the forums for now on, because I understand that my presence is unwanted.

Thank you.
Veqq  
23 Jun 2008 00:51 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 5
Blah?

Stay...
You were an entertaining person. And to anyone that you pissed off, I'm sure they enjoyed having a nemeses.
BodomBeachTerror  
23 Jun 2008 00:56 | Quote
Canada
Licks: 1
yeah, everyone just totally snaps once in awhile
ThePusher  
23 Jun 2008 01:03 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 3
Dude I feel totally to blame for this, Skold I issue an official appology to you cause I was a hella dick to you lately
ironman91313  
23 Jun 2008 01:24 | Quote
United States
THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!
keniemn  
23 Jun 2008 07:32 | Quote
United States
blame society
GuitarBoy666  
23 Jun 2008 07:34 | Quote
Canada
^ lol

You don't have to stay away. Sometimes I feel I should stay away cause I am so "ignorant" and I post "too many random things" etc.

I stay anyways though cause I'm here to learn
BlackCrow69  
23 Jun 2008 10:00 | Quote
United States
GRX40  
23 Jun 2008 10:38 | Quote
United States
Don't stay away, since this is a small forum and I think that it needs as many people as it can get. Everyone can have something to add to this place, whether it's in the form of sharing songs you made, helping people with theory, etc.
Afro_Raven  
23 Jun 2008 11:17 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 1
Woah, I haven't been around in a while - what happened with Skold? I have no idea what's gone on! Yeah Skold stick around dude - you always seem to find highly entertaining sarcastic comments on virtully ANY subject!

Afro
GuitarBoy666  
23 Jun 2008 12:33 | Quote
Canada
Lol yeah Afro's got a point, so does GRX

What happened it everyone was like flipping at him and stuff, basically.
GRX40  
23 Jun 2008 13:25 | Quote
United States
Here's how it went down:

Skold made a thread asking for opinions on a blues riff he wrote.

The Pusher posted that he didn't like blues, but it wasn't a great riff. Not bad, either, just nothing too special.

Skold said that his opinion wasn't valid that thread.

Pusher responded by saying that if his opinion wasn't valid because he liked Metal, then Skold's wasn't valid because he tried to be British. (Essentially calling Skold a poser).

Skold calls Pusher a cunt. But in a later post, he does say that he might have gone a little overboard by calling him that.

Nutter steps in and tells Skold he's acting childish and snobby (but throws in some cuss words as well).

Skold comes back and defends his riff, but also throws in that Nutter looks like Ron from Harry Potter, and implies that he sucks dick.

Nutter says Skold thinks he's "Mr. Awesome Saucems".

Skold tells him to relax because it's getting boring, and the conflict is resolved. Nutter says he still hasn't changed his mind that Skold is sometimes a prick, but admits that he himself is a little crazy and has OD'd Red Bull.

GuitarBoy666  
23 Jun 2008 13:38 | Quote
Canada
Here is the thread:
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/topic.php?id=1280
GRX40  
23 Jun 2008 13:54 | Quote
United States
Yeah, the whole thing was just a misunderstanding that escalated a bit IMO. It's no reason to leave though.
telecrater  
23 Jun 2008 14:18 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
nice play by play GRX40

It really goes to show how you can misread something in a fourm, email or IM, and even more so when you OD on red bull.

I emailed Skold and asked him to come back. He is an imporatant part of the forum, just like every one else is. it was weird that time with out GuitarBoy666.
GuitarBoy666  
23 Jun 2008 14:25 | Quote
Canada
Yeah it was nice aha, it basically summed up everything.

Well it is gonna be weird without him, he should come back. It was weird for me not being here, I missed a lot of stuff.
blackholesun  
23 Jun 2008 14:29 | Quote
United Kingdom
No, something else, something bigger happened, although I asked the admin to delete it because it was just abuse, and it was pretty incoherent because skold kept swearing which was deleted.

Basically, skold posted a link to a news article about cannibalism in the Czech Republic, and the admin decided to delete it, which I would agree with. Then skold started swearing at the admin and then we started having a go at skold because he had been swearing at everyone over the last few days (see above), and skold decided to leave.
Doz  
23 Jun 2008 14:56 | Quote
United Kingdom
He's generally a hostile person. He'll quickly starting throwing abuse around if you disagree with him and it was definitely his fault the arguement on the blues riff thread started. But yeah, there was something much worse.

That said, if he can just put it in the past I'm sure everyone else can. He doesn't need to stop posting.
les_paul  
23 Jun 2008 14:59 | Quote
United States
Licks: 2
I know some might not agree and might get mad over it but I am glad he is gone. He has been a prick since he joined. I remember someone having trouble holding on to their pick and instead of offering helpful advice or just simply not saying anything he kinda cut them down. There have also been several other times when he put people down and criticised them for asking questions. In my opinion we don't need someone like that in the forums, but like I said that is just my opinion.

This probably makes me sound like a prick but it's what I think.
Nutter166  
23 Jun 2008 15:02 | Quote
Wales
Les, I agree with you man. Sure he was a decent guy at times but..well you know what I feel about him if you read that thread.
Skold  
23 Jun 2008 15:04 | Quote
United States
@LP

In my opinion, you are correct. I'm a prick.

I understand that It was wrong for me to belittle someone for asking a question, but you say it like that's all I ever do. I often offer advice rather than witty quips.

Am I opinionated? Yes, and I will always express my opinion. I don't think I should be skolded for it either.

However, if you feel that I am being a prick at anytime, feel free to tell me so.
Doz  
23 Jun 2008 15:17 | Quote
United Kingdom
Over-opinionated*

I think it's fine to have a strong opinion, but you shouldn't disregard other peoples opinions for any reason, including music taste (I'm referancing the blues riff thread). Also you should be a little more understanding when it comes to inexperienced players asking basic questions.

I wouldn't call you anything though, because everyone has their motives that others don't understand. As long as you understand what went wrong then there shouldn't be a problem in future. I remember once back in school the teacher said something about grades and I made a stupid comment without thinking that was quite harsh. I don't know why because I'm not even that kind of person... it was just something I thought would be funny without realising it was in the wrong place, and forgetting about the people themselves. Now I go out of my way to make sure I'm not being like that to other people, I didn't even find it funny myself - I was just trying to be witty.

Let's just get on with it and use the forums for what they're here for. Discussion and help.
Skold  
23 Jun 2008 15:21 | Quote
United States
Don't worry about it.

I only came back to apologize, and to explain myself.

Veqq  
23 Jun 2008 15:36 | Quote
United States
Licks: 5
Your leaving then? :(
GuitarBoy666  
23 Jun 2008 15:41 | Quote
Canada
I'm sure yer a decent guy, Skold.
I am a nice guy too, yes I lash out at people easily sometimes and get out of control. Just try to think before you act.

As, I think Doz said. Put it in the past and we can too.
It's not like we are ever gonna meet each other in person - any of us. So don't worry what we all think about each other.
Doz  
23 Jun 2008 15:41 | Quote
United Kingdom
There's no reason to leave, you've apologised and it's not to other members to decide if you you should be around.
ThePusher  
23 Jun 2008 15:56 | Quote
Canada
well this IMO has hella escalated too far I wasn't trying to be a prick about it but it is true Skold can take it too far alot, only thing I feel badly about is when I called him out on being a possible homo it resulted in due to my homophobia people asked if I was and I thought it got dealt with but I kinda feel I was the biggest prick to him, and with that cannabalism one I just said something about that it happened and that we needed to deal with it, after that the next thign I saw was that all the posts had been deleted so form what I've heard there was a big argument between Skold and Admin?
GuitarBoy666  
23 Jun 2008 16:00 | Quote
Canada
Well, as for the "You're kinda hot" thing.
Um. I don't think that makes him gay unless he says "You gave me wood" or something. Like guys can tell their friends and stuff that they are decent looking and shit ;p

But seriously, that post doesn't belong here. Nobody wants to really see or hear about that stuff y'know.

Use the forum for talking about guitar and music, and some random stuff once in a while, but just don't take it too far, y'know.

Like, I enjoyed that post about that punkprincess girl. I laughed hard at that haha
joe  
23 Jun 2008 16:01 | Quote
United Kingdom
last time i checked this was a ummm guitar forum ?

im sure everyone everywhere rows at some point but we sure are making a big deal over it.

telecrater  
23 Jun 2008 17:09 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
I'm sure skold was not the only one to go off the handle, just the latest.

This is a guitar forum and if you look at the posts, it's the junk one's that get a response and the serious ones pretty much get ignored. It really is all our fault, we are the one's responding to the posts. by responding to them it basically opens the door more of these types of topics. I for one will not be responding to any more of the crappy non music related posts. And if it keeps up maybe i'll bail too.

I mean come on guys what are we 13....well maybe some of you are but lets just pull together for admin, so his site is successful! click on some links so he gets paid because he has put a lot of work on the site and i have been searching for some of the tools on the top of the page my entire life and he's offering them for free.

Phip  
23 Jun 2008 17:28 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
@telecrater
Bravo! Many posts have been made about keeping the community small but that DOES limit the profit potential for the admin who makes money off of "hits" so in appreciation for a terrific site I'd like to see the admin make a million off of this site! on the other hand i do like the intimacy of a small group. About the small number of replies to technical questions I would offer this....most of us are here to learn guitar (we are beginners) so we don't often have answers to technical questions and so we rely on the people who are experienced and there are undoubtedly fewer of those. I wonder how many players stick around when they have achieved a certain level of expertise? Anyway I have answered very few technical questions simply because i don't (yet) have the answers.

Regarding the recent uprising, my opinion is this....Skold, stick around if that is your wish, you have much to offer but if you get out of line we will call you on it big time (as we should).
Peace, man!

GuitarBoy666  
23 Jun 2008 17:51 | Quote
Canada
Well said, both of you, phip and tele.

How about this:

The ones that know the answers can post them, in the serious topics
And the ones who don't, can have the randomness topics to mess around in.
Well, as long as the topic is legit anyways (like "Whats your fav band") etc

EDIT: By the way, I am gonna post this site to my facebook and see if people will come on and join the forums.
Crunch  
23 Jun 2008 22:05 | Quote
United States
Ha, the giant freakin' peace symbol made me laugh, no joke.

Oh and can't we just kind of forget about this? At least forgive? I've never personally seen anything prickish posted by Skold... That sounds like I'm saying I suspect it, don't worry, I don't.

Anyway, he's posted lots of good stuff and added to the community. Sometimes things are misunderstood when these incidents occur on the interwebs.

P.S. I'm a little drunk!
GRX40  
23 Jun 2008 22:16 | Quote
United States
Phip says:
but if you get out of line we will call you on it big time (as we should).

Yeah, one thing I like about this site is that it is kind of self-governed by the users. There are moderators, but they are more active and don't seem as distant. They're not like "oooOoh Look I am teh MoD! I can ban u lololol!".

But I think this goes for all posters as well, not just Skold.
Skold  
24 Jun 2008 04:01 | Quote
United States
Phip says:
but if you get out of line we will call you on it big time (as we should).

Thing is, I get called out for stupid shit anyway. For example, Pusher just recently called me a wannabe Brit (technically speaking) because of the thread about my blues riff.

I mean, if he wants to call me out on being a prick, then cool. He should. But, he shouldn't be calling me out on something that has no traces of truth in the first place.
blackholesun  
24 Jun 2008 07:56 | Quote
United Kingdom
GRX40 says:
There are moderators, but they are more active and don't seem as distant. They're not like "oooOoh Look I am teh MoD! I can ban u lololol!".

oooOoh Look I am teh MoD! I can ban u lololol!

There, I said it, lol

We can't actually edit posts, or ban people. All we can do is edit the thread catagory.

And apparently if we dial 1234 from our mobiles, then we have a direct line to the admin, although I personally have never tried.
GuitarBoy666  
24 Jun 2008 09:25 | Quote
Canada
blackholesun says:
And apparently if we dial 1234 from our mobiles, then we have a direct line to the admin, although I personally have never tried.

lol

Well the cool thing here is that we can swear and we don't get banned and stuff.

Back on topic,
Crunch says:
]Oh and can't we just kind of forget about this? At least forgive?

+1
Doz  
24 Jun 2008 09:48 | Quote
United Kingdom
Skold: Yeah, but you insulted Pusher, which made the circumstances different. He didn't call you that until you told him his opinion wasn't valid.
les_paul  
24 Jun 2008 10:04 | Quote
United States
I was going to bring up the same point as doz, but I decided to be done with this whole thing.
GuitarBoy666  
24 Jun 2008 12:01 | Quote
Canada
Again, as Crunch said
Forget or at least forgive the kid.
1 2

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.