Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Do you think Metalcore is metal/ does metalcore make you angry?

Music and Bands
1 2
Empirism  
9 Mar 2010 09:52 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
btimm says:
meh, I neevr understood why various genres need to be broken down into 136 subgenres

MMmm... mankind do like categories. They have to categorize everything.. fashion, soldiers, music styles, hair styles, way of livings, houses, animals, plants...well...just everything...music makes no exeption.
btimm  
9 Mar 2010 10:14 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
Empirism says:
MMmm... mankind do like categories. They have to categorize everything.. fashion, soldiers, music styles, hair styles, way of livings, houses, animals, plants...well...just everything...music makes no exeption.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, I just find it silly. If I like the sound of a "metalcore" band or a "death metal" or a "super awesome 80s style death to farm animals metal" band, who cares what it is, so long as I like it right?

Maybe it is because I have such a wide range of music that I enjoy. In the last few days, I have listened to a fair amount of Killswitch Engage, Down, Death Cab for Cutie, Minus the Bear, Smashing Pumpkins, Stevie Ray Vaughan, A Perfect Circle, and Dinosaur Jr. If I had to break down every band I liked into a subgenre, I'd like a million things!! I prefer to just say I like music. lol
guitarmastergod  
15 Mar 2010 21:29 | Quote
Canada
all that remains are metalcore, they have solos. i make metalcore, i have solos. you people dont seem to know what metalcore is, you are thinking of hardcore when you say emo and stuff (like blessthefall). i dont like how metalcore bands are all into jesus and being christian.. thats what makes them less metal but if they downtune, have heavy riffs and scream its metal.
guitarmastergod  
15 Mar 2010 21:32 | Quote
Canada
Doz says:
In my opinion, metalcore takes a lot of skill and there's lots of justificatin for it being a respected genre

i love you.
just look at august burns red. they have some of the hardest to play metalcore of all time. even the breakdowns are hard and thats ST00pid
iLikeMetal  
14 Sep 2011 11:23 | Quote
Copy and Paste quote here!
that was pathetic. Did you really call Blink-182 Metal? Woah, this guy got mad cause people called punk Metal and gesturing doing it as well. Well you mentioned Iron Maiden so I'll let it slide. Metalcore isn't metal. Metalcore is a fusion Genre consisting of two genres: Death Metal and Post-Hardcore. Now wait; isn't that the same as Deathcore. Not exactly. Upon Death metal the.Classical Scales are mostly.found and more Jazz drumming. Metalcore is Hardcore guitar influenced by Metal and The drumming pattern like the bass just follow the guitar. Punish basically. A mixture between Clean vocals and Screaming isn't necessary but is found in Melodic Metalcore bands Like BFMV or The Devil Wears Prada.
nullnaught  
14 Sep 2011 11:31 | Quote
Could i make up my own genre of music? And it be valid.
iLikeMetal  
14 Sep 2011 11:41 | Quote
Granted, metalcore originated as a Punk meets metal type of genre, but it has since drastically evolved. You have your underoath,poisin the well, bullet for my valentine, which all do seem a little emo. Then you have bands like atreyu,killswitch engage and avenged sevenfold, that are kind of main stream. I dont really like any of the bands listed above except for every time i die. But then you have an outstanding number of really good metalcore bands such as august burns red,born from pain,emmure,god forbid,the human abstract,bloodsimple,protest the hero,the red chord,threat signal,war of ages...the list is endless..many of them DO have solos. you really cant say that metalcore isnt real metal, and then say that death metal is..that would kind of be hypocritical, but I do love death metal as well. Anyway, point being, you cant let a few sour apples ruin a whole race.
rr/quote] Death Metal is real metal. That's true. Metalcore isn't Metal. The difference between that is Death Metal is surrounded by Power Chords and Harmonic Minor scales. Take Conquer All by Behemoth. Metalcore dropped the Technique of Power chords and added just Breakdowns and the 5th Chords and used Singled Notes, and more Palm Mutes than actual Metal. Yeah you can say the Metalcore sometimes uses Harmonic Minor but they do.expand. well not bands like Miss May I or Asking Alexandria. Just playing in a D minor all the time.
DanielM  
14 Sep 2011 12:15 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 1
iLikeMetal says:
The difference between that is Death Metal is surrounded by Power Chords and Harmonic Minor scales.

iLikeMetal says:
Metalcore dropped the Technique of Power chords and added just Breakdowns and the 5th Chords

If by 5th chords you mean C5 or A5 as they are at times referred to then they are power chords.

nullnaught says:
Could i make up my own genre of music? And it be valid.

I feel the same wanna join me in being a founding father of electro buddhist jazz death punk?
gshredder2112  
14 Sep 2011 13:28 | Quote
United States
Licks: 3
There is no purist metal bands anymore.Just sayin....

Anyhow,if i went to a record store and wanted a deathcore
cd,id probably ask the clerk where they were,and he would point
me in the direction of the METAL section.

If they are even partway metal,there metal,or partway.
Metal+hardcore-hard=Metalcore
Domigan_Lefty  
14 Sep 2011 16:22 | Quote
United States
The only thing good about Metalcore is the Boss Distortion pedal.
macandkanga  
15 Sep 2011 10:16 | Quote
United States
I saw this on a documentary. I would'nt say it's totally accurate but it's close.

nullnaught  
16 Sep 2011 09:52 | Quote
Im thinkinhg of joining a band who does abba covers?

They call themselves Abbacore.
1 2

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.