Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

My band... Great Shredding and free music...

Band Promotion
Veqq  
18 May 2008 14:34 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 5
http://www.myspace.com/acidwarkickass

Technically it's a one man project right now, but I have some people lined up... New stuff will be coming in a few weeks, have about 90 songs written, just need some recording stuff...
soy.el.che  
18 May 2008 14:45 | Quote
Mexico
Lessons: 1
well... im not very much into that kind of music, but man... u play damn fast
Veqq  
18 May 2008 14:59 | Quote
United States
Yay! Thanks, what do you think of the drumming and bass? I'm not really good at those but this is one of the few songs where I accually tried on that...
EMB5490  
18 May 2008 15:17 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
nice, shredding is killer, drumming is ok, sounds simple, and could barely hear bass lol.
soy.el.che  
18 May 2008 15:17 | Quote
Mexico
well.. id say youre a good drummer.. bout the bass, i think u could improve your playing, and in some parts i can hardly hear the bass, i think its missing some pressence..}anyway, do you have any vids on youtube, id like to see someon playing that fast... and the player youve got there, how do you do it or get it.?
Veqq  
18 May 2008 15:32 | Quote
United States
Well, no vids, no recording gear even. :/ I'm getting a Camera for that actually, but I need to find a good cheap one with good audio... Any help on that?

But, that player come on when you make a myspace page, it has to be band page though, and you can't turn a normal one into it. :( I made like 6 before I figured that out... HAHAAH

And yay! I have good Drum skills! And about the bass... Damn... Just damn... Well at least I didn't just drone on one note like normal, and I shall mix it in more on future things. Thanks for the C&C
:D
blackholesun  
18 May 2008 16:09 | Quote
United Kingdom
That's insane! How the hell do you play that fast!?
Veqq  
18 May 2008 16:35 | Quote
United States
I've played that sweeping lick every day for at least an hour for 3 years... In reality, it's my warm-up, the thing I used to learn to sweep and just awesomeness. If anything else, because :P
blackholesun  
18 May 2008 16:57 | Quote
United Kingdom
I think I know why it's a one man project - no-one else can keep up with you!
GuitarBoy666  
18 May 2008 16:58 | Quote
Canada
That's pretty frickin' cool
soy.el.che  
18 May 2008 17:06 | Quote
Mexico
anhow do you practice... you play always the same? i payed always the same i thin i would become bored.do you variate?? if u do.how do u do it. u knw, the only thing i can do for more than three straight hours is to sleep...
Veqq  
18 May 2008 21:58 | Quote
United States
I don;t actually have a routine, I just play random riffs, make new ones, and play licks and crap. But all to a metronome at like 230ish. I also play every cover that I like enough to actually learn, not just tab out but actually learn... :P And then a few songs that I've written that I really like. It ends up being, 1/6 shredding, 1/3 riffing, 1/6 covers,1/3 making new stuff.

So I almost never play the same stuff, allthough I allways play the trooper, Kreator's Betrayer, Judas Priests Pain Killer and Accept's Fast as a shark. And I always warm-up playing a C Maj Arpeggio... :D
ironman91313  
24 Jun 2008 23:01 | Quote
United States
thats insane, i would join but im horrible, and I live on the other coast!

what do you do to practice sweep picking?
Skold  
24 Jun 2008 23:15 | Quote
United States
Not really into that style of music, but I give you props for your speed.
foogered  
24 Jun 2008 23:19 | Quote
United States
Licks: 11
Heh, I listened to the first track and I thought, "Yngwie Malmsteen took over for Kirk Hammet". Then I listened to the other tracks and it didn't even seem like the same person playing.
BodomBeachTerror  
25 Jun 2008 00:01 | Quote
Canada
sweet... mother... of CHEESE!!!!! im only like 2 mins into Oi... its amazing

ur my hero now =p
Nutter166  
25 Jun 2008 02:20 | Quote
Wales
Licks: 2
*jaw hits the floor, drool comes out*
Have ma babies?????

I'd love to be your bassist, if only I lived closer =( Cause that is some sweet as playing man..

Drums fit in well and are better then most I know around my area =D Bass well I can't actually hear it well (Probably cause im using low bass headphones?), guitar kicks ass.

Can I request maybe a recording of you just playing the bass, then one fro drums,etc? Really want to see how it is O.o lol
Veqq  
25 Jun 2008 03:39 | Quote
United States
Hmm...

I shall work on the bass recording I guess. I don't have drums... :( I just played on a friends... :/

Also, I write the bass horribly... I either shadow the riffs. Or write a single note rhythm thing... That might be a reason for the inaudible bass...

foogered says:
Heh, I listened to the first track and I thought, "Yngwie Malmsteen took over for Kirk Hammet". Then I listened to the other tracks and it didn't even seem like the same person playing.

I'm finding that same problem... I can't get a good sound out of my amps, endless buzzing and stuff... :/ But if I play unplugged it's like, awesome! And then I get depressed when I plug in. And I don't have an autistic. I'm looking for a new amp though. :D

For now, I've given up on recording new songs. I'm working on a few covers though. After looking at all the songs I've written, only a few don't suck... And they still have horrible parts. So I'm learning hwo to be a good song writer... Which also means starting with very simple songs... :(
Skold  
25 Jun 2008 03:50 | Quote
United States
Yeah, I wish I had an autistic too. AWESOME Fundraisers.
GRX40  
25 Jun 2008 09:45 | Quote
United States
Jesus, that's fast! That's really good man, even if you say you have a bad amp, it still sounds good.
Veqq  
25 Jun 2008 23:07 | Quote
United States
That wasn't my stuff. :( Me and some friends went crazy in a rec studio for a few hours... We all worked on stuff.

Acoustic fund raisers... The sheer amount of money I could make sitting on the street with a hat in my area... Just wow
BodomBeachTerror  
25 Jun 2008 23:12 | Quote
Canada
lol how much did u make?
Doz  
26 Jun 2008 01:54 | Quote
United Kingdom
What's with the differance in playing quality between that top track and the others? It's not equipment - the playing is of a completely different standard.
Veqq  
26 Jun 2008 04:57 | Quote
United States
Really? The other 2 tracks are just random riffs and then a really short punk song... Which is really loud compared to the others it seems.

What seems to be missing? I must work on that then...

BodomBeachTerror says:
lol how much did u make?

Nothing, we just all put in like 20 bucks to record crap. :/
Doz  
26 Jun 2008 12:07 | Quote
United Kingdom
If I was shown the two tracks randomly I'd never say they were the same person. I'd expect someone who can shred that well on one track to at least be able to play riffs and rhythm smoothly or else they are *majorly* inconsistant players - almost to the point it's impossible.

I'm not talking about volume or recording sound quality or anything like that - I'm talking about the guitar playing.
mattmurray  
27 Jun 2008 02:58 | Quote
United States
I agree with doz, it's hard to believe you can play at such and advanced level on one of the recordings, and on the others sound like any kid in his first few years of learning guitar.

I don't mean to offend you, I just thought it was strange... the disparity between skill levels on recordings, that is.
league  
28 Jun 2008 21:00 | Quote
United States
Good stuff man. You are a shredding machine your rhythm is also good but it could be better. How is the Metal scene in Santa Ana? I almost joined a band there called Pitfall but I ended up living there for only two weeks.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.