Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Before The Devil Steals Our Tango

Band Promotion
DontStealOurTango  
28 Sep 2010 09:37 | Quote
Hi, I`ve used this awesome site for some time now and this seems to be one of the more "sophisticated" guitar forums.
I would appreciate if I could get some feedback on some songs taken from my band`s debut EP.
There are some rough mixes up on myspace and an older song called society.

Let me know what you all think!

http://www.myspace.com/beforethedevilstealsourtango
Empirism  
28 Sep 2010 10:06 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Now thats something off mainstream man, really enjoyed these. Lyrically cool and nice playing also thou I think there are little work to do with mixing and mastering.

Well, I think I still liked more of Society than these newer? songs, tho they was also pretty entertaining.

Cheers!
Empirism
tinyskateboard  
28 Sep 2010 13:39 | Quote
United States
This is great music. I would see your band if you came to my town.

BodomBeachTerror  
28 Sep 2010 14:06 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
My adobe wont update so I cant listen to it! So sad!
JazzMaverick  
28 Sep 2010 17:51 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
I liked it, but they definitely need work... the sound quality for one. Some of the sounds are midi, right? Try and get better VSTs, too.

I dunno, it could be better, the distortion sounds too inexperienced, too sloppy. This is in no way attacking the songs - they're great as songs, just that the quality needs to improve.

You haven't been here for long - but if you ask others you'll know that I'm just giving honest advice.

My favourite song is El Tango Diablo. The chorus kinda reminds me of System of a Down for some reason, the La la la part is most likely why.

Anyway, great songs, great band. Keep it up! :)
nullnaught  
28 Sep 2010 20:34 | Quote
i found nothing wrong with the sound quality. i really liked all three tunes. especially the 2nd. great job. WOW!!!!!!!

I want to hear more of you!!!!!
DontStealOurTango  
1 Oct 2010 04:13 | Quote

I really appreciate your honesty!

The first one has some midi, I played the intro on an old midi keyboard. I don`t know what kind of VST`s it was. All of the songs were recorded in other studios with producers so I wasn`t really in control of everything as much as I`d prefer.

The songs with the distortion doesn`t have the greatest sound. We got a rather low price because the producer wasn`t very experienced and were doing it mor or less just to better himself.
We took a bit of a risk there :p

I`ve heard the SOAD comparison before so it was cool that you said that, the other gitarist in the band is a big fan of theirs so I`m sure he had them in the back of his mind while writing it.

We are hopefully gonna record some more song this winter and an big EP(8 songs) will be out around Christmas so I`ll let you know.

Thanks for the feedback!
harleyofdoom  
2 Oct 2010 23:50 | Quote
United States
really like it, i look forwards to the EP

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.