Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

WHA pedals

Instruments and Gear
harleyofdoom  
4 Jun 2010 14:02 | Quote
United States
I'm looking to pick up a decent wha pedal, something that can handle bright clean funky rhythms as well as grungy distorted rock leads. needs to be sturdy and it would be nice if it had a built in volume swell mode and adjustable pedal torque.

vox, dunlop, boss? what do you use/have you used/ would you suggest? advice please.
Guitarslinger124  
4 Jun 2010 14:11 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
I own a Ibanez Weeping Demon. It is pretty rad man. I use it more for single modulation of my tone, but it sounds great used traditionally as well! I would definitely recommend it!

Rock on!
Ozzfan486  
4 Jun 2010 14:12 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
Dunlop Crybaby. For grungy, the Jerry Cantrell model crybaby. I haven't heard it yet, but the grunginess of it is just a guess haha.
EMB5490  
4 Jun 2010 16:35 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
DO NOT BUY A STANDARD CRYBABY. unless you plan on true bypassing it like i did.

if money is no problem the fulltone clyde is AMAZING.

i have honestly tryed the weeping demon and no disrespect to guitarslinger but i dont like it...

what id do if money is an object but a standard cheap crybaby, and true bypass (the switches are like 6 bucks if you have a soldering macvhine and soldering experience.) i finally fixed mine and it sounds great now that i true bypassed it, raised the mids and improved the overall tone of it. if you want you can send it to me or better yet phip to do if your not comfortable with it. id go with phip :) because although i got it right it took a few trys and i had to switch some stuff because one of caps wasnt working... long story
harleyofdoom  
5 Jun 2010 14:30 | Quote
United States
turns out a friend of mine has a vintage 70s vox that hes willing to give me for $45. i'll be jamming through a 65 watt crate combo so every last drip of tone makes a difference.
do you think phip could true bypass mod the vox for me

on a kind of related note i really want a Suhr riot distortion stomp box (its all purple and crunchy,, mmm)
EMB5490  
5 Jun 2010 19:02 | Quote
United States
its easy you could try yourself, if not they send it over to me or phip... simple soldering...
JazzMaverick  
6 Jun 2010 05:36 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
That's a simple job, both could easily do - but this is Phip's specialty! Ask him first but I'm sure he can help you out.
EMB5490  
6 Jun 2010 07:27 | Quote
United States
yeah just ask phip and also ask him to add some mods to it, change out some resistorsa and caps to make it more defined.
Phip  
6 Jun 2010 15:16 | Quote
United States
EMB5490 says:
send it over to me or phip

harleyofdoom says:
do you think phip could true bypass mod the vox for me

EMB5490 says:
if you want you can send it to me or better yet phip to do if your not comfortable with it. id go with phip :)

JazzMaverick says:
but this is Phip's specialty! Ask him first but I'm sure he can help you out.

EMB5490 says:
yeah just ask phip and also ask him to add some mods to it, change out some resistorsa and caps to make it more defined.

Hahahahahaha maybe we should ask phip..................
no wonder my ears have been burning all day!
Sure no problem harley, I'd be glad to help. Do you have a model number for this pedal?
Phip
EMB5490  
6 Jun 2010 15:27 | Quote
United States
haha

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.