Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

The next Andy Mckee

General Chat
Reinhardt  
28 Sep 2009 05:10 | Quote
South Africa
Hi guys!
I just recently discovered this guys music and its awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJ8H5NaUo0
I love this solo instrumental playing, but how the hell do you come up with music like this?
Where should I start? I play nylon guitar also with alot of percussion and rhythm stuff but mixing melody like this is just awesome!
Any pointers?
Empirism  
28 Sep 2009 09:21 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Well... I have no Idea!! But really thanks for sharing, btw... Im really turning up for this (even I think I never can play like that).

Just went through four music stores recently.. I found 2 CD's of Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Also hint from you on other thread. Thank you a million. If you have more suggestions like these two, post them here :).

Cheers
Empirism
Reinhardt  
28 Sep 2009 09:55 | Quote
South Africa
Hehe cool man :) Did you get the new 11:11 album? Its really awesome.
Here is nice quality studio jamming Hora Zero and 11:11 song at the end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsv_tXI0iuo

Would love to play like that but I need a partner. . . :-/
So im resorting to stick to solo instrumental and trying to figure out how to compose from scratch and play rhythm mixed with percussion and lead.
Empirism  
28 Sep 2009 11:36 | Quote
Finland
Yeah, 11:11 and another was live in japan. That studio jamming give me chills :P.

Yeah, I think finding partners in this kind of playing could be hard. Or just record your playing and play with that... Could be nice to hear your compositions. Gl m8

Cheers
Empirism
BodomBeachTerror  
28 Sep 2009 11:44 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
i reckon you should just practice i suppose, try new things
JazzMaverick  
28 Sep 2009 12:15 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
This guy sent me a friend request sometime last year, he's actually come up with a lot of stuff since then, it's really cool watching people improve so much.

Reinhardt, have you ever seen a film called August Rush? That might interest you!
Reinhardt  
28 Sep 2009 12:43 | Quote
South Africa
Yup I have :)
I want to mix my style with the style of andy mckee and jamal with some fast lead guitar in between, all solo instrumental ofcourse. . .
So there is a long and exciting road ahead of me :)
Empirism  
28 Sep 2009 12:54 | Quote
Finland
Ive noticed a little that Jamal have a bit eastern touch in his playing, It might be good idea to have a little look for indian scales at start and mix it to your playing technique.

For me spanish and indian music are quite close to each others, eastern music is bit more mystical than spanish is more energic it could be cool mix.

But anyway, train your skill and perfect your playing, I think rest will come in its own weight later on.

Empirism
JustJeff  
28 Sep 2009 13:47 | Quote
United States
I don't know about Andy Mckee... I think his style reminds me more of Erick Turnbull. Doesn't come across as super melodic as most of Andy's pieces.

The way he attacks the strings and hits the harmonics is almost identical to Turnbull's playing.

This style of music takes a lot of technique to learn... but it's definitely worth it. :)
AlexB  
28 Sep 2009 14:11 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Yeah i saw him too a while ago! He was almost at guitar idol Finals

August Rush Rocks!!
Reinhardt  
29 Sep 2009 00:56 | Quote
South Africa
Ok nevermind i see that andy mckee has alot more melody notes in his playing style.
JustJeff  
29 Sep 2009 14:17 | Quote
United States
Sorry :) You need to broaden your horizons passed the current generation :) There are so many great guitarists out there that did more than Andy McKee and way before him as well ^.^

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.