Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Some New Music

Band Promotion
brodyxhollow  
15 Jun 2009 04:08 | Quote
United States
Brody And The Anger! on MySpace Music

Just wanted to share with you all some of the stuff I've been working on lately. I've been kind of lurking around here more so then posting anymore, but this site has always been very helpful so I thought I'd post an update. I still need to work on a lot of things on the songs I have up, but let me know what you think of the overall sound.

Feel free to add me!
Phip  
15 Jun 2009 06:33 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
@ brodyxhollow
listening to fleeting glimpse right now. Very clean recording, excellent! And is that you singing? Because if it is, man, you are GOOD! Nice voice!
I like the song, moves real nice and keeps moving smoothly. Is this your song?
All of your recordings sound very "clean". You must have put a lot of effort into your sessions. So much better than my "sound".
You play very well, good sense of timing and execution.
Still can't get over how good your vocals are!
Three thumbs up!
I really enjoyed listening to ALL of these songs.
Phip
JazzMaverick  
15 Jun 2009 15:10 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
I agree with Phip here, your voice is awesome. I like the groove to fleeting glimpse. Definitely something I'd listen to over and over. Timing sounds perfect in all of these.

What did you use to record?

Crisp is probably my favourite, though I would personally change a few notes in the counter melody to make it fit perfectly.

Puddles has a really good sound to it, I like your singing again, you have a strong voice and definitely project it properly.

Machine Somethin' has a cool rhythm to it, and I like the beat.

Wagon Wheel sounds really cool, your voice sounds really good in this one. You've definitely given your music a lot of thought.

Actually I like how all your songs are fairly different, I definitely think that'll attract more fans. Keep up the great work!
Heather  
15 Jun 2009 16:34 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
Brody I have to agree. Fleeting Glimpse sounds just epic. I really admire the flow it has to it, there isn't a sound I don't like even by the slightest bit in there. I like the instruments, their timing sounds great and really just generaly have a nice flow. I love the timing in it, and again your voice is amazing! I have to say I can also imagine myself listening to it again. Puddles sounds great too, you certainly got a good voice on you.

I also like the way tragedy sounds. It does sound pretty livly for a tragedy mind! Just a nice little soothign piece that one.

Crisp sounds amazing also. Maybe my favourite instrumental piece that I've heard from you. Genrally I just think everything in it seems to work.

Thanks for sharing them, I liked listening to all your songs. Wagon Wheel is probably still my personal favourite though, but I bet that's because it's more to my personal musical taste. But I liked all of them which is saying something, as I don't usually like music outside the blues/country generes!
brodyxhollow  
15 Jun 2009 17:58 | Quote
United States
thanks for all the comments! i really appreciate it.

@Jazz: i recorded everything with my firebox hooked up to my macbook.. all the mixing and mastering was done in logic 8. i used a couple synth editors and drum machines included, but not too much.

@Phip: yeah, it's me singing on all of them. i wrote all the songs, except for Wagon Wheel, which is by the band Olde Crow Medicine Show. i think the song "fleeting glimpse" personally reminds me of a song by the grunge band candlebox, but i definitely do my own thing with the style.

@heather: i think the irony of the song "tragedy" is that it does sound pretty lively, but its more so about the punk energy then anything. i started out writing it as a happy, lively song, but it fit so well with some lyrics i wrote about kids getting involved with hardcore drugs and alcohol, i just couldn't resist the irony. it was more so my throwback to 80's punk more then anything.

anyways, i do appreciate all your comments, that's more motivation to work on more music and improve upon what i have. i'm working on even tighter versions to get down, and eventually more songs to put up.
Phip  
15 Jun 2009 18:27 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Personally I think these songs encourage us to work harder on our playing and technique, focusing on good clean playing and fixing our mistakes. It's a very very good example of how good songs can sound when we put in the effort. And recording helps to amplify our mistakes. It's an excellent way to track your progress and force you to pay attention to all aspects of playing. So THANK YOU Brody!
Phip
league  
17 Jun 2009 08:19 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Good stuff. What would you consider your style?(other than Alternative) Its unique.
Empirism  
17 Jun 2009 16:08 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Two thumbs up!, Fleeting glimpse is just plain good. Your timing is good, your singing is pro... ready to rumble man, where is your next gig? :P

Cheers
Empirism
brodyxhollow  
17 Jun 2009 22:36 | Quote
United States
im not really sure what my style is, im still developing it. there's a bit of 80's punk in the foundations there, but that's only barely noticeable. there's definitely a little blues and jazz tonality hidden in there, people tell me i generally write darker sounding stuff. i tried to take elements of my favorite music styles. and portray it in my own way.

@EMP: haha, i need to motivate myself to start doing some open mics first. i wish i could get a full band together to play out, but for now im running it solo

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.