General Chat
EMB5490  
5 Dec 2008 07:24 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
ahh the grammy's. the "who has the most *** music award"

heres the link:http://content.grammy.com/Grammy_Awards/51st_show/list.aspx#04

feel free to rant about metallicas 3 nommy's for my apocalypse, their new album and suicide thingy...

its compleate ***.

heres my take:

rock vocal preformance:neil young (i like his music)

rock prerformance with a group:acdc rock n roll train

hard rock preformance:judas priest

metal preformance Dragonforce (how were they possibly nomminated...) im jk. judas piest again

best rock instrumental: david gilmour (i like his music also.)

best rock song...no one. i hate them all

best rock album...no 1 i hate them all

there u have it. a review by elliott! remeber...while watching the grammy's theres safty precauscions issued by the fda.

1) vomit bag at all times next to you

2) drink as much as you **ing can... so when u freak about the winners youll fall to the floor flat before vomiting, ranting, setting things on fire, blowing up small children, or all of the above

3)keep away from blunt objects, one may be influenced to throw things at other people or tvs in the room

4)have 911 on speed dial

5) have mute button ready

6)take sleeping pills. you never know.the music could damage you to the point where you cant sleep.

7) keep someone elese in the house, not watching it, for if you have a heart attack and go unconcious...who will call?

8)controll your anger...controll...CONTROll. controlll.

9)fart everytime they anounce the guys who win so the effect isnt as bad. (because comon a fart is bad buy which is worse that or the grammy's?)

10)i give dont **ing watch it!

hve fun! lol.
Phip  
5 Dec 2008 07:54 | Quote
United States
@ Elliott, LOL
after you destroy the TV ship it to me and i'll see if i can salvage it!
I never watch the Grammys, too much yada yada blah blah for me.
Phip
blackholesun  
5 Dec 2008 09:32 | Quote
United Kingdom
That's a little bit extreme isn't it?!

Death Magnetic is a much better album than you seem to make out.
foogered  
5 Dec 2008 09:48 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 11
My guitar teacher has been nominated for Grammy's a few times.

I don't know if any of you have heard Robert Plant's new album, but it's definitely deserving of it's nomination for best record.

Rush's song, "Hope" is also very deserving of it's nomination for best instrumental performance.

JazzMaverick  
5 Dec 2008 09:54 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
haha yeah I would probably feel the same about the grammys but I'm with Phip, I don't watch these kind of things. Actually, I don't even watch TV. So I'm not too fussed :P

Hey Foogered, how much do you pay for your guitar lessons? If you don't mind me asking? He seems pretty good, and the good ones are always pricey.
Heather  
5 Dec 2008 12:46 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
Well, I haven't had the chance to ever see the grammy's on my TV scheduale so I guess you can't in the UK or something...so they probebly are bad! But who am I to judge then?

It's probebly rewarding for musicians though. There's probebly not enough different music awards for enough people to be reconized for thier efforts as they deserve. It must be kinda ccute to see a happy musician walk off with a grammy...do they look happy?
Empirism  
5 Dec 2008 13:45 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
I noticed coldplay was pretty high... Isnt that Satriani just rised a plagiation thing against coldplay?

and Best metal performance...Dragonforce... someone's might have some doubt of this...

foogered  
5 Dec 2008 14:42 | Quote
United States
$14 for a half hour lesson every week. I took lessons from him for 4 or 5 years, and in the last year or two he started inviting me and a couple of his other long-time students to play shows with him. The experience and knowledge he's shared with me has been invaluable.
JazzMaverick  
5 Dec 2008 15:27 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Now that's a decent guitar teacher.

I plan to come to America sometime in the future (probably after I'm done uni, so maybe 4 years from now) I'd love to meet up and Jam with you sometime.

I'll be going all over North America so it'd be cool to meet people I know along the way.
EMB5490  
5 Dec 2008 15:33 | Quote
United States
yep satch sued finally!

and ive never watched it, i agree too much yada yada, and too many commercials, just figured id make a thread on it.
CTown  
5 Dec 2008 16:20 | Quote
United States
I don't get any of these award show things... seems pointless... I'd rather have an album go gold or platinum than win a grammy. I honestly think the last time a watched an award show, Vanilla Ice performed Ice Ice Baby! (no idea which award show it was) I couldn't tell you what any of the awards are for. Is grammy just music, or is it movies as well?
foogered  
5 Dec 2008 16:32 | Quote
United States
Grammys are just music. Oscars are movies.
EMB5490  
5 Dec 2008 17:32 | Quote
United States
heres the proff, does this mean they cant win a grammy?

Empirism  
6 Dec 2008 02:50 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
HAHA, that was extreme! xD...

no doubts here :D

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.