Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Jazz'in tune

Technique
telecrater  
23 Oct 2008 20:47 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
Hey can y'all let me know what you think of my little jazzy tune. It's not complete but i have 2 different movements so far an a pretty crappy lead but it's a start.

http://www.stonetrout.co.cc/Untitled.mp3

Jazzin Tune
TheAmericanBrit  
23 Oct 2008 20:57 | Quote
United States
I'm not really into Jazz, but it's cool for what it is.
soy.el.che  
23 Oct 2008 20:58 | Quote
Mexico
Lessons: 1
i honestly think its not bad at all, just make it cleaner n with this i mean no errors, yea i knowit aint easy but thats ok, i feel the begginin is a bit 2 repetitive
peace
CTown  
23 Oct 2008 23:55 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
Ok, I've only just started scratching the surface of jazz, so take my comments at face value. I liked it and thought it was a good starting point. I agree w/ Soy's comment on cleaning up the errors. Are you planning on getting the lead in there all the way through the song? It felt like it was missing when it dropped out never to return.

My favorite part is the chord progression right after the percussion stops when you move up the fret board... it was a cool little outro. Keep the good work coming.
league  
24 Oct 2008 01:23 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Pretty good but it seems you struggled finding those notes.

I like the tone best.

I,ve been trying to record a Jazz tune myself but my Zoom H4's memory is full.
telecrater  
24 Oct 2008 07:34 | Quote
United States
Thanks all, it's a chord progression I've been working on for a while. I'm really having a tough time coming up with a lead. the one on there was just a rough draft that's why there were lots of mistakes and it just stopped.

I hope to spend some more time with it today I've decided to call it "Riverwalk".
league  
24 Oct 2008 11:12 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Thats the same exact problem I'm having.
Empirism  
25 Oct 2008 11:37 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Soz for the late answer. Try to get less bass on chords. Solo was almost perfect, Maybe I little less drive and little more mid.

Are you planning keyboards? if so and when adding keyboards you could tweak that sound after that. Its good, but always wanted to be perfect right? :)
JazzMaverick  
25 Oct 2008 11:47 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Don't be afraid to be noisy! You sound a little scared to make us deaf. Just go for it. :D
telecrater  
25 Oct 2008 14:31 | Quote
United States
I had a hard drive blow up on me Yeah fun...

Empirism, your too kind. I was not planning on any keybords but it's an option, if only i had some keyboards.......The recording was a very rough draft. The guitar was just plugged in a mixer and recorded with no eq or fx.

I liked how the lead started out but I just can't visualize where it's going.

I think the biggest problem i had when i play lead with it is it just sounds off. well I thought i had all the theory stuff figured out but I have a couple of chords that don't fit theory wise. so back to the drawing board
JazzMaverick  
25 Oct 2008 14:39 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
They don't have to work theoretically though. Just as along as it sounds good to you.
JoeDalton  
26 Oct 2008 05:32 | Quote
I would say this version wasn't yet ready to be shared.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.