Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

>>>???<<<

Suggestions
Ozzfan486  
22 Oct 2008 19:53 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
I know this is kinda dumb, but how would I go about "Putting my soul into my music"? I can more so express myself with lyrics, but I'm not sure how to do it with guitar. Help?
macandkanga  
22 Oct 2008 19:59 | Quote
United States
Me and wife had a fight the other day. I went home and played the blues. It truly has a profound effect on the emotion of your playing. I started to play some metallica shortly there after cause I was pissed! If you like metal, when playing pounding hardcore rythm, think about stuff that makes you want to hit things. When soloing in metal, i think of flying really fast.
Ozzfan486  
22 Oct 2008 20:02 | Quote
United States
Well, if thats the expression, then damn I'm already doin' it. I like the analogies to man, especially for metal soloing.

BTW, everybody, I have written some new songs, personally I think they're better than "Meltdown" my last one. If you want me to post em' just gimme a yell.
jAkE [Ozzfan]
TheAmericanBrit  
22 Oct 2008 20:21 | Quote
United States
Go ahead. We don't expect Bob Dylan, so don't be afraid of it not being good enough.

As far as soul goes, I can't help you there. I am a soul player, yes, but I can't help you put your soul into your music - You have to do that yourself.
Ozzfan486  
22 Oct 2008 20:23 | Quote
United States
K. I understand dude, its not like its an obligation ha. I'll post a thread for the song in a few.
soy.el.che  
22 Oct 2008 20:24 | Quote
Mexico
Lessons: 1
your soul has to grow into your guitar. give it time
peace
JoeDalton  
23 Oct 2008 02:47 | Quote
You play. I don't think there is something you can do specifically, just practice a lot and get the freedom in your play that allows you to infuse a song with yourself.
KicknGuitar  
23 Oct 2008 11:30 | Quote
Lessons: 6
soy.el.che says:
your soul has to grow into your guitar. give it time

THings take tizzime. builing friends, connections, talent, technique. it also requires effort, keep working at listening to and playing music, it will come.
Empirism  
23 Oct 2008 12:21 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
It is as simple as play how you feel. Just maybe when you are playing with some background you get moods, no, leech mood from it, form emotions from it...play like how your emotions feel, go where it leads you, resist it, fight against it, love it... and play it.

umm, hope this helps.
Heather  
23 Oct 2008 14:07 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
Gosh I know what you mean. That can be a real pain in the but, especially when you can hear what instruments are doing in your head, but you just don't know how to do that...makes me so annoyed!

Try at first listening to, and maybe sort of borrowing aomeone else's chords, keep messing on, ruling out or twisting certain parts until you get/find what you like.
Ozzfan486  
23 Oct 2008 14:49 | Quote
United States
@ Emp - thanks dude
@ Heather - Hah, someone in the same dilema, nice to know I'm not alone on this. I'll try the chods 'n stuff, I actually have a song that I'd like to copp the intro off of already lol.
league  
24 Oct 2008 00:54 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Empirism says:
It is as simple as play how you feel. Just maybe when you are playing with some background you get moods, no, leech mood from it, form emotions from it...play like how your emotions feel, go where it leads you, resist it, fight against it, love it... and play it.

umm, hope this helps.

EMP that is awesome description.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.