Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Cubase LE Drums

Instruments and Gear
league  
23 Sep 2008 18:13 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Does anyone know how I could add a drum machine to Cubase LE or Audacity or if its even possible? I forgot the name of the drum software but its free.
blackholesun  
23 Sep 2008 18:29 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 1
You could make a drumloop with Hydrogen, and export it as a .wav file.
league  
23 Sep 2008 18:38 | Quote
United States
Thats the program!

Thanks Blackholesun but is that the only way?
baudelaire  
23 Sep 2008 19:40 | Quote
Brazil
use any device that outputs drum sounds, and record from that device. i don't know if cubase can be given it's own drum machine, but i'm sure it can record from one. you could even run a 3.5mm patch from your OUT on your soundcard to your IN in order to record.
telecrater  
23 Sep 2008 22:51 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
the patch cable is a bad idea unless you have a real low latency sound card.

I use Cubase SE, and it has a built in midi drum editor but i think the LE verson has some limits.

I think you should follow blackholesun and try out Hydrogen into wave files. Also if you can get your hands on Ezdrummer its pretty cool but i'm not sure how well it works with LE.
baudelaire  
23 Sep 2008 22:56 | Quote
Brazil
i used to use a patch cable while my sound card still worked right, i never had quality or latency issues.
Empirism  
23 Sep 2008 23:47 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
If you want quality, ill suggest you to pay a little. votes for here to Ezdrummer as well, once used... never want change it.

Ill have Cubase SX and used LE as well, works about same way.
Notim  
24 Sep 2008 00:50 | Quote
United States
Beatcraft isn't have bad either, I ran it in the back ground while running a recording program and it worked really well,only thing is that is kinda time consuming programming complicated drum patterns.
league  
24 Sep 2008 01:49 | Quote
United States
OK I'll try to import the midi drums first. Thanks for the info.
JazzMaverick  
24 Sep 2008 05:45 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Cubase should have a simple drum kit already installed. I don't really use it, but it's called Drums LM-7, when you click on the VST Instruments in the "Window" tab at the top, click on any empty space and it should be there. I've got SX, but it should still be in LE version, too.

I also have Edirol- Orchestral. Which has some classical drum effects in there, if you ever want to try that. It costs though. It's one of my favourites, since I can also use any classical instrument I want, too. :D
Empirism  
24 Sep 2008 09:48 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
I used edirol too for violin sections and stuff in early era of my music making, sounds in edirol was pure quality, but I found couple annoying bugs when saving songs in cubase, edirol lost presets for that and it was not very user friendly, otherwise its very good.

LM-7... well... dont use it, sounds are very synthetic drum sounds and sound crap... maybe recording bio rythm is better xD. long live beatboxing :D

cheers

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.