Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

SICK

General Chat
les_paul  
18 Jul 2008 22:51 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
Licks: 2
I play every day and constantly try to improve. I was playing my guitar tonight when my sister and her son came over. I lay my guitar down because I had company, so my nephew asks can I play your guitar. I told him to go ahead and he f***in blows me away. The kid is 13 and he is amazing. The thing is he doesn't even own a guitar. He plays his dads every other weekend and that's it. His grandpa and dad are both guitarist and it's just in this kids blood. He sounds like friggin Tommy Emanuel on an acoustic and Slash on an Electric. Makes me sick... Not really but he is damn gifted. And it's not only on guitar. He plays Drums, Bass, and Keys equally well at 13. The sick part is he isn't even interested in doing anything with this amazing gift. He is into football and baseball.
GuitarBoy666  
18 Jul 2008 23:37 | Quote
Canada
Wow.
Fuck sports go for music man! ;D
I'm 12 and I suck he probably blows me away too hehe
foogered  
18 Jul 2008 23:56 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 11
I'd say go both. Its not particularly easy to "make it" in either, but hell, you'll be one very well-rounded person!
ThePusher  
19 Jul 2008 00:27 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 3
Wow man, I'm 14 and I'm pretty good but I know people like that and yet they focus on other shit and its a major piss off, like my old friend stopped playing guitart entirely for a while and he was relatively talented, some people just lack the ambition I suppose
Notim  
19 Jul 2008 04:45 | Quote
United States
I hear ya Les My son is 16 and heard me playing since a baby and he just picked it up and is unreal...and doesnt practice much or play on doing anything with it.
lance  
19 Jul 2008 06:58 | Quote
United States
some people are just born with the gift of music. where i take class
we have Joe Stump from Berkley as one of the teachers.not mine cause
i can't afford $60 per 1/2 hr. but he has one student who had been screwing
around playing for 3 months prior. he went for 1 lesson and Stump
said he'd found the next prodigy/clapton and went on to say he will
be one of the worlds greatest players if he continues at the rate he
is. this kid has only been playing for like 4-5 months now and already is
being called SRV by everyone who sees him. his father took him to several
open mic nights in the area and the kid gets a standing ovation every
performance.
Empirism  
20 Jul 2008 13:30 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Gifted indeed! though i think he are trained aswell.

btw. came to mind when talkin these wonderkids... follow this link... I want that drummer in my band... immediately :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPncumXZExo
telecrater  
20 Jul 2008 14:00 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
My cousin is like that. He does not play the guitar but he picked up a violin for the first time and just started picking up melody out of the air. he was right on and in tune.

the violin has no frets and you have to drag that bow at the right spot. It was pretty amazing.
whistlebug23  
21 Jul 2008 16:13 | Quote
United States
Yeah, I did that to my dad.
He got emotional when I played the whole song of Killing in the Name of.
Skold  
21 Jul 2008 18:40 | Quote
United States
What a waste of talent.
telecrater  
21 Jul 2008 18:46 | Quote
United States
not really a waste of talent some people are just not into music and that's OK. If they were forced to do something musical they would be miserable, and hateful and no one wants that.
Skold  
21 Jul 2008 18:49 | Quote
United States
If he has the talent, and doesn't want to use it, it's a waste. Someone else, who loves music to no end, but doesn't have said talent should have it.
lance  
22 Jul 2008 20:22 | Quote
United States
Empirism says:
Gifted indeed! though i think he are trained aswell.

btw. came to mind when talkin these wonderkids... follow this link... I want that drummer in my band... immediately :D

how about the 2 yr old hahaha...loves earth wind and fire
this was posted a 1 1/2 yrs ago and no comments ????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBK0pphzX38&feature=related

here is his latest at 3 yrs old (turn your volume down a bit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBvrS9Kty14
deefa  
23 Jul 2008 03:55 | Quote
United Kingdom
Maybe the lad's just got his feet on the ground. Lets face it, talent aside, how many people actually make a living out of music. Even with talent you have to be in the right place at the right time.
jcb3000  
23 Jul 2008 04:14 | Quote
United Kingdom
@deefa, very good point, but its always good to have a passion, just like why some of us play, for fun :)

my friend is very similar, he picked up my guitar after about 5 months of him playing and started to shred out some iron maiden and megadeth very clearly. i was just like holy **** as at the time i couldnt move my fingers that fast but now i can just about manage it, but still he just had a natural talent for it and he still plays and is absolutely insane, improv king with shreding and sweeping, no idea how he can do it. luckily i found my 'quick' skill, windsurfing and sailing, got out on the water on a windsurf board after a year of only doing it 3 times before and apparently was amazing so ive stuck at it and its very enjoyable.
Empirism  
23 Jul 2008 06:20 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Well, if he doesnt live for music, hell im sure he could use her talent to impress girls ^_~

Well, atleast I definately sure would do xD (tho I cant even borrow talent nowhere xP)
telecrater  
23 Jul 2008 06:40 | Quote
United States
Skold says:
If he has the talent, and doesn't want to use it, it's a waste. Someone else, who loves music to no end, but doesn't have said talent should have it.

So If you have a natural talent to knit sweaters, does that mean that he is a watste of talen for not knitting sweaters?

I just feel like arguing
keniemn  
23 Jul 2008 06:45 | Quote
United States
if "he " knits sweaters does that make him gay
or a grama in disguize
deefa  
23 Jul 2008 07:34 | Quote
United Kingdom
If he knits sweaters I'll find him a job in the UK. It was bloody freezing her last January!
Pager  
23 Jul 2008 09:53 | Quote
Australia
i been playing 2 1/2 years and i earned :D my first metallica song at like 2 years, mayb 1 3/4 - 2 years and that song was "JUMP IN THE FIRE" is that gud, bad, average honestly, coz i dunno??
league  
23 Jul 2008 10:05 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
LoL Deefa. I surprised myself when I picked up a violin and started playing some classical piece no joke.
Crunch  
23 Jul 2008 12:38 | Quote
United States
I was just kind of thinking about this after reading all these posts:

It seems to me that there are some popular, critically acclaimed, etc. musicians that aren't actually talented. I wonder if some people can just kind of force things to work, ya know?
GRX40  
23 Jul 2008 13:04 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
Crunch says:
It seems to me that there are some popular, critically acclaimed, etc. musicians that aren't actually talented. I wonder if some people can just kind of force things to work, ya know?

I think I read once that Steve Vai said he had no natural talent when he started, but he would practice for 14-15 hours a day, so he finally got to be really good.
deefa  
23 Jul 2008 15:42 | Quote
United Kingdom
He really should have got out more!
jcb3000  
23 Jul 2008 15:47 | Quote
United Kingdom
lol yeh christ i couldnt spend more than a fifth of that on guitar, but hey it did get him to where he is today so hats off to him
Skold  
23 Jul 2008 16:07 | Quote
United States
If you have the talent, you should use it. We should never let our talents go to waste.
deefa  
23 Jul 2008 17:51 | Quote
United Kingdom
Our talents are hardly going to waste if they bring us great joy. I love music (and particularly playing guitar) so much that I wouldn't dream of prostituting whatever talent I may have by chasing 'fame and fortune'. Anyway, I'd end up lining the managements pockets far more than my own. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes!

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.