Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Spiral Architect

Music and Bands
macandkanga  
8 Jul 2010 19:52 | Quote
United States
Ok. Last week I was listening to Captain Beyond, Deep Purple, Yes and bands like that.

This week it's Spiral Architect. They are a prog metal band from Norway that did just one album! But it is incredible. It's called "A Sceptic's Universe". Check them out on the net. There's all kinds of stuff out there on them. I've never heard such complexity in a metal band!
case211  
8 Jul 2010 19:58 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
Cool man, I'll definitely check them out. I'm a sucker for prog metal bands haha(My favorite is Queensryche)

You might like a band called Pagan's Mind(SP?) Those guys freaking rock. Not screamo at all, they're prog metal, and they're guitarist is definitely talented, I mean he managed to work a spot into a full on metal song(kind of like Maiden style) that was basically Jazz Fusion! haha
I'll check them out if I can push stop on my Megadeth playlist haha(it's almost every album)
z849763  
8 Jul 2010 20:21 | Quote
Philippines
Shoot to kill - Greyhoundz
Enes - Quezo (Cheese)
Valley of Chrome
AlexB  
9 Jul 2010 01:47 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
I dont like Spiral Architect...i used to like those bands,but know they just dont make sense anymore

but if ya like them,listen to Ron Jarzombek! spastic ink,BLOTTED SCIENCE,meshuggah...among others
carlsnow  
10 Jul 2010 06:36 | Quote
United States
AlexB says:
Ron Jarzombek!

amen..

'Freak Guitar' + 'Freak Guitar II' are hilarious-"hows he doin' that"?-FUN!

RAWK!
Cs

AlexB  
10 Jul 2010 10:56 | Quote
Mexico
Hey carl,you're maybe confusing Mattias "IA" Eklundh With Jarzombek?

Bobby + Ron

And here is the freak guitarrrrr

carlsnow  
10 Jul 2010 13:23 | Quote
United States
AlexB says:
Hey carl,you're maybe confusing Mattias "IA" Eklundh With Jarzombek?

Haha YUP! must be...

but i like Ron as well Ron Jarzombek, lol, that is...

Have you read (or tried) his 'Cycle of Twelve Tones'?

and i gotta add

while YES i really like what these guys are doing (progressing and questioning)Musically, and theory-wise(Jarzombekz)..
I cant listen to more than two ,mebbe three of either ones tunes , in one sitting.

for more (very new progressive Jazz) Jazz oriented freakouts i HIGHly rcommend two bands
Dysrhythmia
+
Behold!...The Arctopus

the second Actopus Vid is a fav of mine, sorta an answer to what happens when the angst-energy of 80's punk meets tech-metal at a Jazz Workshop LOL

:) thanks for the catch Alex!
(and Spiral Architect, do nothing for me either)

RAWK!
Cs

Global Disclaimer :
Carl Snow is an old, jaded & slightly bitter old man who cannot be held accountable for anything, much less his opinionatedly opinionated opinions or those of his imaginary friends. We sincerely apologize if this Carl Snow and/or its behavior have infected you or others with its ugly brain and its juices.

macandkanga  
11 Jul 2010 15:24 | Quote
United States
Dudes! I love this stuff! Especially the animated one with the mouse. Which bans was that? Carl, who is in the first video? I really like that one!

I wouldnt put Spiral Architect in the same category though. I made the mistake of calling them jazz metal fusion. I think they are more metal fusion. I would say all of these bands are just plain fusion. Or maybe experimental metal. Anyways, I like all of it!

I can't take more than a few songs at a time though like Carl says. Maybe we're just old Carl? I know I am!
AlexB  
11 Jul 2010 20:56 | Quote
Mexico
That band is called Spastic Ink Man!

How could i forget Behold...The Archtopuss!

you may also like these bands

ELECTROCUTION 250 (SICKNESS,listen to those samples!!)

http://www.guitar9.com/electriccartoon.html

anything by Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.