Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

help please?

Technique
LedZeppRox13  
6 Jun 2010 10:07 | Quote
okay so my guitar teacher has asked me two write a 24 bar guitar solo in C. i have just started to solo and have just mastered the stairway to heaven solo and some other little ones but not much... im probably really retarded cause i cant get anything together except for like 3 licks. this is a stupid question but can someone give me some tips on what to do?
BodomBeachTerror  
6 Jun 2010 10:27 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
hum it, find the notes. play it.
EMB5490  
6 Jun 2010 10:46 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
well if he asked you to that he odviously thinks you can...

first fine a chord progression... it doesnt have to be in c major (ionian) the parent key can be anything that works but it must resolve to a form of a c chord for lack of a better term...

after you have a cool chord progression then you can do 1 of 2 things... humm what you think would be good, record yourself humming it and then play that... or jam to it. get a looper or another guitarist and to it.

if he wants you only to use the c chord you have many many options but its kind of vague in a way...
Admiral  
6 Jun 2010 10:54 | Quote
Germany
Well, an easy thing to do is to look at the chords in a C major progression:

Cmaj, Dmin, Emin, Fmaj, G maj, A min, Bdim

So i would use those chords to write a cool chord progression, just try it out a little bit. Then I would look at the scale tool on the website for the C major scale and then its up to you what licks you are going to use. The only way of learning writing your own licks as well as solos is...to write your own licks and your own solos! ^^
There is no way around that. And even if the solo you come up with is not that great, you got to start somewhere. And remember it is YOUR solo
JazzMaverick  
6 Jun 2010 12:49 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Play what you like, mess aroud on your guitar in C and write/record your playing and take what you like from that.

It's down to you and your interests dude :)
EMB5490  
6 Jun 2010 13:00 | Quote
United States
dont use allt he chords in the scale! make it easy on yourself eh?

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.