Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

tab player?

General Chat
dizzygirl  
14 Jul 2009 06:57 | Quote
I'm only just learning to play the guitar but gadgets that'll help are a plus haha. I was reading an article on Harmony Central about a tab player that apparently is being launched in the fall. It's called an i-tab, but I was just wondering if anyone else saw it and what your thoughts are? The company is saying that it's the only device of it's kind 'cause the tabs scroll on screen and are linked to a time signature in the software. I'm not sure if it'd be useful to have or not but I thought it was interesting nonetheless. You can go to the website it's just www.i-tab.com.
JazzMaverick  
14 Jul 2009 07:53 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
I always recommend that beginners learn notation and learn to play guitar that way, tabs are always going to be limiting, because they'll never tell you how long notes are going play for. Since you're just starting out, it may seem tough, but it'll be a lot easier for your future if you learn notation.
carlsnow  
14 Jul 2009 08:18 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
learn 'em both.

a program like GuitarPro will show both staff and tab
(and fretboard and/or keyboard)

and ole Mel Bay has a zillion Staff/Tab books to sell ya.
AlexB  
14 Jul 2009 09:46 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Guitar Pro Has been in the bussines for a long time now,its by far the best tab player with tons of gpro tabs online,it Includes Tab And notation aswell!
toastninja  
14 Jul 2009 10:21 | Quote
United States
Yeah im going to agree guitar pro is the way to go, it can be very helpful with some of the features it offers.
JustJeff  
14 Jul 2009 11:05 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
If anyone cares, I'm pretty sure I have about 2-3 gigs worth of tabs for guitar pro zipped up on my computer.

If you'd like, I can upload it to a private host for you guys to download. It has everything from classic rock -> pop -> metal -> hardcore -> modern rock
AlexB  
14 Jul 2009 11:13 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
yep,there are some packs,the best pack is the 2005 reissue of mysongbook tabs,it has everything up to that date,ppl may want it!
Crunch  
14 Jul 2009 12:54 | Quote
United States
I have a bunch of Hal-Leonard (If that's not spelled correctly, who cares?) Red Hot Chili Pepper tab books which have regular notation above the tab. I always thought that was really cool because, as Jazz said, it's very hard (next to impossible) to accurately convey note length or timing in general with tab. This new program/device sounds pretty neat to me.
toastninja  
14 Jul 2009 17:55 | Quote
United States
Yeah the great thinga about guitar pro is that it shows both tab and regular notation, and it also has the capability to play the tab as a midi file allowing you to play along or just listen to get accurate note lengths. Not to mention the playback often includes all the other instruments and not just the guitar part your trying to play which often helps to make it a little easier to stay with the tempo of the song you are attempting to learn.
dizzygirl  
16 Jul 2009 05:36 | Quote
Thanks for all the advice! I have to just remember that I'm not gonna be amazing over night :)

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.