Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

I will never fall by Empirism

Music and Bands
Empirism  
6 Jul 2009 09:59 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Well, I seen here that this summer is very inspirational to many of this site members too. I tried also develop my musical abilities and I decided to try to bit more softer song that I usually make.

If you have time, check it out on
www.purevolume.com/spart

Cheers
Empirism
league  
6 Jul 2009 14:46 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Man EMP you are good at creating catchy songs. This one will definitely stick.
Phip  
6 Jul 2009 19:58 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Emp,
Haha I LOVE the solo break! great man! This is a bit more "tame" song for you. I have a question. These lyrics and your other songs are in English. Do you always write your lyirics in English? What about your native language (Finnish)? Have you done any songs in Finnish and if so can we here some? Damn I love this song, it flows really well. Vocals (as for most of us here) could probably use some work but that didn't affect my enjoyment.
Bravo dude!
Phip
Empirism  
7 Jul 2009 00:51 | Quote
Finland
Thanks for the feedbacks m8s, well Phip it's kind of funny thing that I always write in English, because I just cant write well in Finnish, I think its a kind of rhytmic issue or I just cant adapt them well to songs. I always found lyrics to be more confortable with english to have that "flow".

As well as music and guitar playing my main foreign language which is english is not so good and needs a practise.

What comes to vocals, well im glad this is not a singing forum xD, but im still curious if you (why not others too xD) could tell which side of the vocals needs work. I know there is a pitching issues, but any other tips could come to use :P. This far I managed to reach (with reading much of Jazzys singing tip lesson).

Empirism
telecrater  
7 Jul 2009 06:35 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
very nice,

I re listened to all your songs and though "I'll Never Fall" is a bit more tame it still fit's nicely with your style.

I also agree singing would use some work (I think that every one whos sings could always use some work). I think you go a tad out of key from time to time. I aslo thought the guitar solo a buried a bit in the mix and had a difficult time hearing it.

Keep up the good work, I cannot wait to hear what's next
Empirism  
7 Jul 2009 22:21 | Quote
Finland
Haha, yeah tele, its my common singing problem, because I dont have a even clue what note I am singing xD... well anyway, thanks for feedback. I try to mix that solo guitar again.

I promise, next one is not so tame. I promise ^_~

Empirism
Heather  
9 Jul 2009 06:39 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 2
Wow Emp! You do have a gift for createing catchy songs. I think I might just end up with San Salvador stuck playing in my head all day long! Not as if that's going to be a bad thing though, I like having a nice catchy song stuck in there for a change.

I have to agree with Phip on I will never fall. That solo break sounds incredible, you must clearly have a good set of ears on you. The vocals didn't really bother me, the lyrics, guitar and you're basic melody sounded to good for me to let that ruin it. That and the fact I think your accent is awesome!

Great work. I can see you really practice a lot and put a lot of effort in, it really pays off for you.
Empirism  
9 Jul 2009 18:28 | Quote
Finland
Thanks Heather, I think the thing they are "catchy" is because these are practise songs (making songs is my way to practise) and are actually very very simple, chordprogressions atleast.

Thanks all again for feedbacks, it really helps me to look the right direction on my further practises.

Cheers
Empirism

league  
10 Jul 2009 03:36 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Heather says:
Wow Emp! You do have a gift for createing catchy songs. I think I might just end up with San Salvador stuck playing in my head all day long! Not as if that's going to be a bad thing though, I like having a nice catchy song stuck in there for a change.

Yeah EMP that song is killer.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.