Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Writer's block...

General Chat
ironman91313  
4 Jul 2009 22:14 | Quote
United States
Well this is pissing me off. I've been working on a song for awile now and I only have the intro rythm and lead down. I am having loads of trouble thinking of a main riff, and then I lose focus. Then later I come back to my song and feel that I should scrap the whole thing and start at square one.

And I have not even wrote lyrics down or drums or anything and it is really stressing me out.

I think my problem is that I have many ideas and they keep contradicting my song I am working on, and I am going to be caught in a never ending vortex of trying to "perfect" one track!

sorry just had to vent that.

I would be surprise if anyone even reads all this.
telecrater  
4 Jul 2009 22:42 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
I read it!!!

Don't worry it will come back but then again you may never finish the song. I've got tunes that I've got an intro and verse to but never been able to finish it. I've got another song that took me a total of 5 minutes to write.

Not all songs are meant to be completed. Work on something else in the meantime and revisit it later...weeks....months....years....later.
ironman91313  
5 Jul 2009 00:52 | Quote
United States
alright I'll give that a try, a bit frustrating though because I'm bad at actually writing the music, like in Guitar Pro. I mean I will play something on my guitar but not be able to replicate it onto guitar pro.

thanks for the advice.
soy.el.che  
5 Jul 2009 01:36 | Quote
Mexico
Lessons: 1
tryin to write your stuff on guitar pro is always frustrating. record it.
league  
5 Jul 2009 03:41 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Hahaha, best advice I've hear yet on the forum from
Soyelche. (maybe of all time)

Well I hate tabs especially when they make it harder than it really is to play a piece.

I hope I never have to use GuitarPro, I'd rather write it on a piece of paper.

Sometimes computer software isn't the answer. I get happy seeing those Honda robots fall on their metallic asses. I'm old fashioned, what can I say.
ironman91313  
5 Jul 2009 10:07 | Quote
United States
I dont have any recording hardware
JazzMaverick  
5 Jul 2009 10:36 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
What do you love the most about music?

When you can answer that, write it down, express yourself and why you love it so much. that should help get you on your feet again.
ironman91313  
5 Jul 2009 13:07 | Quote
United States
hmmm what do I love most about music, I never really thought of that before. I guess I love how whatever is happening in the my life there is always a song that kinda matches up with what I am feeling. The fact that you can always take something different away from a song.
telecrater  
5 Jul 2009 15:20 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 8
you can always use one of those cheap computer mike's to record. Not the best quility but would work for just getting ideas down.
ironman91313  
5 Jul 2009 15:37 | Quote
United States
meh, i'll figure something out.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.