Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Feel

General Chat
les_paul  
11 Sep 2008 18:29 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 3
Licks: 2
I don't know, I just feel like I am falling in love with music all over again. I feel dumb for even saying it but I have been spending all of my time strumming my acoustic and writing new songs. I have really neglected my LP. I forgot how much feeling comes from lead guitar. Like I said I feel stupid for talking like this but does anyone understand what I am saying? This is the video that reminded me what emotion can be put into lead guitar.

Slash is an icon to me and one of my biggest influences, so it may not move everyone like it does me but When he plays I can feel the music if you know what I mean.
Phip  
11 Sep 2008 18:34 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
@LP,
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Don't tell anyone but I have two acoustics and I keep one at work. (a no-no, but I'm the boss). I couldn't get motivated today so I pulled out the guitar and spent half the day playing. I never thought i would learn the damn thing when i first bought it and i'm sooooo glad i kept practicing. It gives me more pleasure than I deserve! (and i suck so just think how elated i'll be as i get better)
Phip
RelaxedDude  
11 Sep 2008 19:03 | Quote
United States
On the contrary, all I play is acoustic cause Im too lazy to take out my electric

But maybe I should put a little more effort in learning some electric guitar techniques
EMB5490  
11 Sep 2008 19:58 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
ye hes gr8, rght now im addicted to ozzy and rhoads.
baudelaire  
11 Sep 2008 20:10 | Quote
Brazil
slash is mechanically precise in his playing, he's pretty talented. but musically, he doesn't really push any limits.
Crunch  
11 Sep 2008 20:37 | Quote
United States
I've always felt more drawn to my electric guitar. The fluidity of the sound is what does it for me. I love playing acoustics too, but they don't have the same uh, push? I guess, what I'm trying to say is that playing an acoustic guitar feels like playing an instrument, playing an electric feels like magnifying your thoughts and emotions. Of course, you're playing an instrument in both cases-just food for thought.
JazzMaverick  
12 Sep 2008 07:42 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Yeah man, I totally understand what you're saying, I love music with the strongest passion inside me. All I do in my art class is go on about music through my art now. Nothing to feel stupid about, music is a form of expression and entertainment. It holds every emotion. It's amazing.
keniemn  
12 Sep 2008 07:58 | Quote
United States
i always thought music was ment to to make you feel something or think or at least open some kind of thought prosses
sixtiesguy  
12 Sep 2008 10:35 | Quote
United Kingdom
I was actually enjoying that, I have a great love of the blues that goes back to the year dot. I found it really sad when he decided to turn it into a 250 mph showcase for his technique and virtuosity. More than anything it made me realize why I'm still in my sixties time warp.
My heroes could never play that fast, but boy could they turn you emotionally inside-out!
JazzMaverick  
12 Sep 2008 11:30 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Exactly! That's how it's supposed to be. Enjoying it and experiencing this amazing maze.
les_paul  
12 Sep 2008 16:46 | Quote
United States
For me the speed brings out a new set of emotions. Everyone is moved by different things I guess.
Crunch  
12 Sep 2008 16:54 | Quote
United States

That's "I Could Have Lied" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, one of my favorite songs, and one of my favorite solos. I think Frusciante does a great job of playing what he should and not playing what he shouldn't. He definitely has the ability to be some crazy shredding machine, but rarely does he try to "fight" what the rest of the band is doing. Some people might like the studio version of the song more, it's, obviously, a bit more "clean."
Empirism  
13 Sep 2008 04:27 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Oh yeah LP, thats why we picked guitar and music our way of living eh? it gives us always a good emotions and times that touch our hearts and throw shit stuff aside.

For me it happens lately too, I was always listened and liked SRV, but now Im back to his stuff again and I feel im borned again. 2 weeks now that listened nothing else xD
les_paul  
31 Jan 2010 21:01 | Quote
United States
I found this Slash video over a year ago and it still sends me on an emotional roller coaster every time I listen to it.

Something about the way he connects with the guitar. like it's part of him. Especially between 2:00 and 3:00.

This is what I strive for and I think this is what playing guitar is all about.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.