Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

sound

Technique
EMB5490  
13 Mar 2008 18:23 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
idk if this is cause im playin in my room and theres a lot of vibration off my walls (i got no carpet to abosorb sound) or its the way im playing. my prob is tht when i play chords on distortion, and i switch back and forth, i get this fuzzy bad sound tht i dont want. im playing the song you shook me all night long, i can play the whole thing, but in the chorus where u go: g5, c9,g5, c9 d or somthing like tht, u guys no the song, anyway it doesnt sound crisp, like it does on the recordings, or any other youtube vids. i try to record my sound, and it sounds like fuzz. anything i can do bout it? also if i play power chords it doesnt cause i mute it. should i just mute the sound? tnx
blackholesun  
13 Mar 2008 18:58 | Quote
United Kingdom
turn the volume control on the guitar down a little bit.
Notim  
14 Mar 2008 17:20 | Quote
United States
Hey I had some put together type stuff I used for a amp and when I recorded it sounded good but I went a bought a marshall amp and ran into the same problem, I played around with the mids for awhile and treb and then found what I was looking for.There are so many varibles that is hard to say what you hear isnt what the Mike hears LOL I know that sounds wierd, what are you recording on?
EMB5490  
14 Mar 2008 17:33 | Quote
United States
i was just recording on a camcorder for youtube, i play the song pretty well and wnted to post it, but its not the camcorder, when i play it with the distortion it getts fuzzy and not clear or crisp like in the vids or recordings. turning the volume on the guitar helps, but it takes distortion away, and muting every chord is hard cause i got 2 go back nd forth to chords.
brodyxhollow  
14 Mar 2008 20:36 | Quote
United States
maybe an amp thing
EMB5490  
14 Mar 2008 21:26 | Quote
United States
tht was my other thing, my amp may be shotty. i won it at a bar mitzvah, its got good distortion (loadness)but lack clarity and the knobs are alling off lol so maybe its my amp. my birthday is coming up kinda soon so maybe i should get an amp, any suggestions? anything less than like $500 or so.
brodyxhollow  
14 Mar 2008 22:54 | Quote
United States
my peavey bandits done me good, but it lacks a lot of tone. i dunno, its all dependent on your tone. line 6 has some good amps for cheap. im actually considering one of those. my buddy has one and he's pretty satisfied with it.
league  
15 Mar 2008 02:23 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Yeah, try a peavey bandit. I tried one out that had really good distortion. It was about $400.
lance  
15 Mar 2008 07:14 | Quote
United States
there is a good selection w/a $500 budget out there.

you should bring your guitar to guitar center or a place similar and
play a bunch of amps in the store and find one that sounds good to you.
you'll be alot happier you did. sure you'll get some good reccomendations
but not everyone likes the same thing. personally i'd think along
the lines of a marshall mg100dfx 2x12 combo or something similar.

EMB5490  
15 Mar 2008 08:33 | Quote
United States
tnkx guy ill check them out, wut about pedals? btw idk but would it help to know im a beginner, but i like and would like to play mostley classic rock
Notim  
15 Mar 2008 15:40 | Quote
United States
I would suggest a marshall also and as far as pedals I never used them much I do use a boss distortion pedal and my marshall has reverb and chorus if I need it
brodyxhollow  
15 Mar 2008 18:59 | Quote
United States
In my experience, I've come to find that once you start buying pedals, you end up buying more crap then you need just to get your tone right. Your best bet is to get a multi-effect digital pedal. One of the Line Six Multi-boards or the Boss one's look pretty good.

But stompboxes, and stuff, while they do give you the analog tone, you end up having more crap to lug around. While my pedals have done me good, I've gotten to the point I need something a little easier to carry around, and less a pain in the ass to set up.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.