Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Soundclick?

Suggestions
nullnaught  
2 Mar 2011 06:38 | Quote
i made a free acount with soundclick because 4share is a piece of crap. And when i tried to upload a file it wouldnt even give me the option.

I figured it only wants mp3 files.

What the hell is an mp3 file?

Thanks.

JustJeff  
2 Mar 2011 07:36 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
An mp3 file is an audio encoding that compresses your audio file so that it is easily shared.

I'm pretty sure it also takes raw wav files... as long as it's not greater than 5mb?
nullnaught  
2 Mar 2011 07:46 | Quote
Huh?

And raw way files?

Mabye i'll wait till i get my camera point at some random object and play my music stuff threw my stereo speakers. Uploading onto youtube.

But if im stuck doing that doesnt it all come out in mono?
JustJeff  
2 Mar 2011 07:57 | Quote
United States
a WAV file is an uncompressed way of storing digital audio files. sorta like AIFF format on Macs. It's just another encoding for audio files.

Just like you can use tape or CD, these file extensions just tell you what kind of "encoding" is done to compress the file so it's smaller. Compressing is just the act of taking a large amount of information, and trying to get your point across with less, so there is a loss of precision (which gets you into quality of files).

If you need software (You might be overwhelmed when you see it, but I can probably write up a detailed explanation on how to convert the file) to make your audio files an MP3, I can help you out. :-P

Here's a link to a multi-track mixing software that I use, that can also convert your files to mp3.

http://www.filedropper.com/adobeaudition15

If you go into chat sometime soon, i can probably help you more.
nullnaught  
2 Mar 2011 08:56 | Quote
Is there a way to do this without having to hit that download button?

Last time i downlaoded something that seemed perfectly harmless to a lot of other people it put a virus on my computer for about a month or so and then magically went away. Thank god.
AlexB  
2 Mar 2011 08:59 | Quote
Mexico
Licks: 2
Ah the inmense world of audio,you are going to have a good time!

Get audioconverter,its not bad
Phip  
2 Mar 2011 09:18 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Okee dokee, I just went to soundclick and yes it seems they only want mp3 files.
So now it's important to know what an mp3 file is. When computers were developed there needed to be a way to put music into the computer in a "format" that the computer would understand and play. This has been an evolving process. You can put a song file into your computer "raw", meaning that it is an uncompressed file. Normally this would mean that the file would be rather large and mean that you could put less songs on your computer or CD's. Sooooo the programmers developed ways to "compress" music files so that they would be smaller and you could fit thousands of songs on your computer. Mp3 is one of these compressed file types. There is a trade off as far as quality is concerned but most people like mp3 because of the smaller file size. There are other formats too.
Now, all ya gotta do is convert your existing audio files to mp3 and then you'll be able to upload them to soundclick.
Many programs will do this for you easily. there are literally hundreds of free programs that will convert your files to mps. Since I'm the guy that suggested 4shared to you and you don't like it, I'm going to let someone else recommend a converter to you. But I hope this explains the how and why to you.
Phip
nullnaught  
2 Mar 2011 09:19 | Quote
I understand all that. But i have download phobia because of a past experience. The problem with 4share is a couple of people werent able to hear it, out of a dozen mabey, and sometimes they also have audible commercials going on while you song is playing.
JustJeff  
2 Mar 2011 09:22 | Quote
United States
That download link is a link that i've hosted personally. It is safe.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE FREE DOWNLOAD link. That is a virus. You want to scroll down a bit to where it has information about the "Adobe Audition" download you are abuot to make, and click "download this file".

That's the only safe link there. It's the one in the box :)
nullnaught  
2 Mar 2011 09:27 | Quote
You dont understand i downlaoded audacity a while back and got a virus from that and i was told how safe that would be.

doesnt compressing your files lose quality?
JustJeff  
2 Mar 2011 12:35 | Quote
United States
Compression does. However, it's the amount of compression that matters. You can actually hold quite a bit of quality while compressing files. The algorithms are quite advanced, and really talk to you having a bit more understanding.

I've had this Adobe file for almost 6 years now. I know it doesn't have a virus. :-P There are different copies of everything.
tinyskateboard  
2 Mar 2011 13:52 | Quote
United States
I have over 100 gigs of mp3s. One of the only albums that I cannot listen to on mp3 is Disentegration by The Cure. It's just too gigantic on CD to translate well.

But I'm also contant to listen to Berkeley's radio station or KPOO on FM in mono most of the workday.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.