Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Pickup help please

Instruments and Gear
Jemba  
18 Aug 2010 08:29 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 1
Hey people, does anyone know what the best pickups for a lead all-round (mainly heavy metal) guitarist for an affordable price (with good tone which doesn't sound flimsy/tinny when i play high frets)? My guitar is HSH in pickup order, and my current pickups are Ibanez stock INF pickups.
Domigan_Lefty  
18 Aug 2010 09:00 | Quote
United States
My ibanez has the stock Infinity pickups. They're pretty weak. Even with it practically on the string, i cant even get feedback.

I would say go to a local music shop or Guitar Center and look for an EMG (Active) pickup (bridge). Ive seen them from $25 for a single one.
Domigan_Lefty  
18 Aug 2010 09:02 | Quote
United States
My ibanez has the stock Infinity pickups. They're pretty weak. Even with it practically on the string, i cant even get feedback.

I would say go to a local music shop or Guitar Center and look for an EMG (Active) pickup (bridge). Ive seen them from about $25.
Only reason i dont have one is im broke at the moment.

Edit: Wtf? Whats with the first one? That not supposed to happen.
case211  
18 Aug 2010 10:23 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 6
EMG's are great pickups if that's the sound that you want, but be sure to ask about other higher output pickups. I have a DiMarzio Super Distortion and a Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom in a couple of my guitars' bridge position, and they are very nice for a good distorted sound. They get some sweet singing lead sounds naturally too.
guitarmastergod  
18 Aug 2010 10:31 | Quote
Canada
id say go for seymour duncan's or dimarzio D-activators, i dont have any experince with seymour duncans so i dont know if they are a good choice. the D-activators and good though.
Jemba  
19 Aug 2010 08:26 | Quote
United Kingdom
Licks: 1
Thanks for the advice people, it really helped

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.