Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

recommend a book?

Music Theory
gx1327  
7 Jul 2010 12:22 | Quote
United States
can anyone recommend some books? i'm having a hard time keeping up with lessons. i'm thinking like a book that has some practice drills, some riffs or songs to play and practice, for intermediate/beginners.

i have tried two guys for lessons so far and i'm having a hard time with it. it's a combination between time (full time job, should have done this when i was younger!) and cohesion... i just have a hard time "getting" with a teacher. but if i had something i could read and practice on my own i think it would be good for me. thanks!
guitarmastergod  
8 Jul 2010 13:17 | Quote
Canada
im pretty sure you can find that stuff on the internet, go more into detail what you want? if you just want beginner songs to learn look on ultimate-guitar.
gx1327  
9 Jul 2010 10:28 | Quote
United States
well i'm looking more for practice routines and maybe some songs, but the point is, i sit in front of my computer 8 hours a day at work. when i get home i don't like to sit in front of my computer... i like to sit in front of my TV (it's totally different because i'm on a couch and not in a desk chair).

so the internet is good, but i'd rather have something tangible and "official"... i.e. good enough to be published...

like if anyone out there teaches guitar, do you have a book you recommend to your students, that type of thing
Admiral  
9 Jul 2010 10:39 | Quote
Germany
Lessons: 1
Well, what are you looking for? There are some more jazz based books I know, which will definitely boost your theory, but then if you are more looking into some songs or some pentatonic-kinda theory the book wont help. Maybe if you further specify how far along the way you are, we could probably help you out more? And what you want to learn ofc
nullnaught  
9 Jul 2010 22:02 | Quote
I use the public library. They may have what you need. And they will help you find it.
Empirism  
11 Jul 2010 11:20 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
well, dunno bout books, but this DVD is worth to check out. I dont know if its just "practising routines" and a stuff, but anyway...

http://www.halleonard.com/product/viewproduct.do?itemid=320847

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.