Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Carl Snow - Guitar Thing #23

Music and Bands
carlsnow  
4 Jul 2010 06:17 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
working on an old track i had meant to put a lead to for a few months, ... I recorded the Rhythm (clean and 'chunky') guitars some time ago but lacked the lead... So, i said to myself "two takes tops"! and laid the lead down. It would , lol, taken 1 pass BUT i had to go back and place the thre lead in notes after i , lol, "cut" them by mistake.
The whole piece underneath took quite awhile to build (3 mo) and is based on a tonal center of Amin7/9 and moving to B, and E... Sorta a Freakout-Electro-Blues-Psychedelic-Metal-Thang...

the lead guitar = 1 pass with an overdriven Fender Telecaster...
ENJOY!

RAWK!
Cs

nullnaught  
4 Jul 2010 12:13 | Quote
Very nice. Your backing tracks works well. Do you do your own drum work? I do but on a keyboard. I own no drums. The ending was really great. I would purchase your music if this were a sample.
carlsnow  
4 Jul 2010 14:08 | Quote
United States
nullnaught says:
Very nice. Your backing tracks works well. Do you do your own drum work? I do but on a keyboard. I own no drums. The ending was really great. I would purchase your music if this were a sample.

Dang man! (my bold^) thank you ...And to that:
...after a second-days morning coffee:
i decided to call both (hedging my bets LOL!) the labels my current stuff is on AS WELL as the labels that carry my 'back-catalog', just to see if there was any interest (used this tune as a lil demo as it aint done-done) in a Carl Snow Guitar CD ...and to my great surprise there actually was, and Lynn Point Records said 'Yes!" (guess i start work tomorrow hahaha). There will be a 'short run' of a physical disc then a download-only dig-cd , like the bands new one...
...so thanks again + cool! + yes!

RAWK!
Cs

Phip  
6 Jul 2010 07:04 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Mama Pajama!
What a departure from what you’ve been writing lately. I’ve listened to this song a ton of times and there is something going on in there that I don’t understand but I LIKE!
The energy level of this song is addictive. Like I said, I don’t understand what you are doing musically in the song and if you told me I probably still wouldn’t understand it but that doesn’t affect my enjoyment of it. What I hear in it are shades of Santana and Zappa and hell that’s a compliment of the highest order!
More, More
Phip
Empirism  
6 Jul 2010 07:56 | Quote
Finland
Lessons: 4
Great job, loved the blues feeling on lead man. What I really liked is that even its very fast at some part, tone still have "edge" on it, which makes it real "punch it to your face" feeling. Backing track is very weird LoL!, i couldnt follow it pretty well, but still liked it.

Cheers!
Empirism
carlsnow  
7 Jul 2010 11:19 | Quote
United States
Thanks Guys!!

and Yeah ... its a weird back track
I used The Kit, samples, My Fretted and Fretless basses, a Baritone Guitar and a ton of time to get the odd "its 4/4/ but IS it 4/4" type 'feel'(answer = moves from 4/4/ to 5/4 to 7/4 etc)
Its mainly in Amaj7/9 but moves (The Blues ya talked about EMP :)
from there to E9 A7 and Bm7/9 , which makes the 1-4-5 "blues pattern appear between the two Bursts of F# and G#
Hence the 'oddness'

and Thank you Phip!!! Frank Zappa is one of my 'top-5" fav guitar players ever and so, yeah, his influence (especially in stacking 3's over 9's etc), rather than raising it) is undeniable. I dont care for Carlos's playing BUT i have ALWAYS loved his tone and his slower Phrasings (very horn-like)
so thank ya thank ya thank ya! Ya noticed LOL!!

RAWK!
Cs

Global Disclaimer :
Carl Snow is an old, jaded & slightly bitter old man who cannot be held accountable for anything, much less his opinionatedly opinionated opinions or those of his imaginary friends. We sincerely apologize if this Carl Snow and/or its behavior have infected you or others with its ugly brain and its juices.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.