Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Battle of de bands

Music and Bands
BodomBeachTerror  
18 Apr 2010 01:18 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
soo, i played at battle of the bands this evening, i played "Were going to be Friends" by the White Stripes, and "Yesterday" by the Beatles, I was gonna play my song "In my perfect life" but my set time got cut back. anywho, i didnt win, but loads of people came after and told me they loved it. The band who one was great though, they did a flawless version of Hangar 18. it was awesome, heres there myspace, i dont know how good the quality is. but i think alot of you guys will like it

http://www.myspace.com/edgeofattack
Phip  
18 Apr 2010 06:53 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
What a guy! He gives a plug to the guys who won. Now that is CLASS!
Too bad you didn't get to play your original tune. But........I wouldn't mind hearing your version of "Yesterday" if ya feel like posting it.....eh?
Phipster
EMB5490  
18 Apr 2010 07:13 | Quote
United States
thats so awsome. your battle of the bands was litterally a day afgter mine!

i just won 2 years in a row :) no mean to brag :)
carlsnow  
18 Apr 2010 07:18 | Quote
United States
Ah , the olde 'battle of bands' daze ... glad they still do that (stopped here i believe)
anyways gotta echo the Olden(er?)one, Mr Phippy McPhipperson, and say how VERY very classy it was/is to laud the winner (unless they were pricks) .. Kudos BBT! and I wanna hear yer 'Yesterday' as well dammit!

good show. and ya know? giving the OTHER performers a shine always makes THEM feel great and helps YOUR career ;~)

Classy indeed

oh and lol:
EMB5490 says:
thats so awsome. your battle of the bands was literally a day afgter mine!

i just won 2 years in a row :) no mean to brag :)

no mean to brag lol? no biggy ENB , not if ya won.

"we" (two bands - two decades) were gonna win one , mebbe two of those (1,ooo buck was big prise money back then lol) the gig was for all bands, both Pro and Am, BUT they had a policy of "ya gotta get you and yer gear up and off in 30 minutes!", and both in the 80's and later early 90's, we played out so much that . lol. when the "times up!-girl" flashed 10 or five fingers, my young (early 30's) drunk arse thought she meant "five MORE minutes", and so we were famously disqualified both times... had a blast though ... keep it up Y'all!!!
RAWK!
Cs

Global Disclaimer :
Carl Snow is an old, jaded & slightly bitter old man who cannot be held accountable for anything, much less his opinionatedly opinionated opinions or those of his imaginary friends. We sincerely apologize if this Carl Snow and/or its behavior have infected you or others with its ugly brain and its juices.

EMB5490  
18 Apr 2010 07:32 | Quote
United States
hah i guess, *i mean to brag* but it was mad fun.
BodomBeachTerror  
18 Apr 2010 10:19 | Quote
Canada
haha, i think my parents recorded it so i can post it later for yall
BodomBeachTerror  
19 Apr 2010 20:20 | Quote
Canada

i couldnt split it into 2 videos, soo you have to listen to both of them! =p Yesterday starts at 3:00 ish
Phip  
19 Apr 2010 21:02 | Quote
United States
@BBT,
Get a haircut you hippie freak! Bwahahahaha (you have no idea how many times i heard that back in the 70's)! I enjoyed your playing on "yesterday" alot. nice job! Looks like you have fans there! And I dig the hat and green pants! you could be a pro golfer. lol But seriously nice job Tanner. Thanks for putting up the vid.
Phip
BodomBeachTerror  
19 Apr 2010 21:17 | Quote
Canada
haha, my pants are actually pale blue, its the light that makes it green. but thanks! i was pretty friggin nervous, that was the 2nd time i ever sang up on stage. and the first time there wasnt even half as many people, and i knew all of them. so this was pretty scary haha. I screwed up Blackbird cause i could barely feel my fingers, it was odd.
Phip  
19 Apr 2010 21:25 | Quote
United States
How did it feel being up there? Were ya nervous? I ask because I haven't played to an audience yet.
Phip
BodomBeachTerror  
19 Apr 2010 21:43 | Quote
Canada
it wasnt too bad, i wasnt that nervous i was more anxious, if thats any different. most of the other bands there were heavy metal/screamo, so i felt pretty out of place. i got more confident as i played. some of my hommies were jumping around and cheering at the front, i couldnt bring myself to look at them, i probably would have started laughing and ruined the songs haha.
Schecter_player  
19 Apr 2010 23:01 | Quote
Canada
Hey, sounds good man. I only listened to Yesterday so far, and i loved it. hahaha. I might be off base, but it seems like you could use the song being transposed up a bit. It just seemed like it was in the bottom of you register.
BodomBeachTerror  
19 Apr 2010 23:20 | Quote
Canada
yeah its a tricky song to sing, cause its in 2 octaves, if i sing it much higher then the higher parts are too high. but i could have done it a step higher. and thats nowhere near the bottom of my register, i can go in to Leonard Cohen land haha

BodomBeachTerror says:
some of my hommies were jumping around and cheering at the front, i couldnt bring myself to look at them, i probably would have started laughing and ruined the songs haha.

Speaking of my ridiculous cohorts.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.