Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Stupid string!!!

Instruments and Gear
DrCroswell  
13 Feb 2010 17:14 | Quote
United States

About a month ago, I noticed that everytime I strum the little e on the 2nd fret, I get this note called "WTF???"

Seriously, it makes this weird, out of tune rattling noise on the 2nd fret ONLY.

Can anybody help me out on this and tell me how to fix it?
EMB5490  
13 Feb 2010 17:17 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
Licks: 1
2 things, either your action is too low (doubt it since its the high e string), or more likely you have a dead fret. What guitar do you have? you should just give it in to a shop, it probably needs a hammering in or glue.
Domigan_Lefty  
13 Feb 2010 18:03 | Quote
United States
Yea, a fret is probably off a bit. Remember that eventually your frets will wear down or need repair/replacement
Mici  
14 Feb 2010 06:33 | Quote
Kosovo
I get the WTF note on the 4th fret of the D string on my classical guitar when the strings get too old. Might consider changing strings if you haven't done that in some time.
Anyway, I don't think that's the reason for the WTF note on the e string but at least you'll know what to look for if you get in the bass strings on the future.
I'd say it's got to be a dead fret.
DrCroswell  
19 Feb 2010 17:06 | Quote
United States
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I'll see if I can fix it myself, seeing as how I'm not in any financial postition to have a pro take care of it.

Any ideas on how to do that?
Guitarslinger124  
20 Feb 2010 04:26 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
Get the measurements for your fret and make it happen. Or you could just replace the fret all together. Could also be a slight warp in your fret board, or a dead string perhaps.

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.