Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

Inauguration

General Chat
1 2
Ozzfan486  
24 Jan 2009 13:30 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
It shall not be evil to much longer my friend.
RelaxedDude  
24 Jan 2009 13:32 | Quote
United States
Licks: 2
I accually went to the Inauguration

It was hecka fun man
patleh  
24 Jan 2009 15:33 | Quote
United States
foogered says:
In my opinion, torturing POW's has always given countries a bad rap. You hear about people being captured overseas and undergoing months or years of horrific incarceration and torture. How do you think the outside world perceives us when we're water-boarding POW's. Pretty inhumane if you ask me. Fear tactics have always been characteristics of totalitarianism, not democracy.

well say there was a terrorist said there was a nuke to go off in 1 hour, which would kill millions of americans. water-boarding???

There's a difference between a terrorist and a criminal. criminals get due process. terrorists, don't. thats just my view.
foogered  
24 Jan 2009 16:05 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 11
@ Patleh

That's an interesting example, but I think it's far too extreme to justify the use of torture. I doubt that when the Bush administration tortured prisoners, it did so with the intent of averting a nuclear bomb that was going to go off in 1 hour.

Also, regardless of a man's actions he is always afforded a fair trial in the U.S. Just because these things are going on outside our country shouldn't mean that we are suddenly exempt of the standards we hold ourselves to at home. It's this kind of lawlessness that tarnishes the U.S.'s reputation in the eyes of the world.

@ RelaxedDude

Can you share anything else? :P Any photos? How did you get tickets?
RA  
24 Jan 2009 16:52 | Quote
United States
ok i hate this whole thread and don't find it's point on a guitar forum(not a shot foogered i understand why you posted it and would of done them same just don't like whats it has become: a sore on my mind) patleh I'm sorry(not really but i try to be polite) but your a egoistical idiot between your last post(including the deleted ones) and this. torture will never get you anywhere. without sating a essay on "the moronic nature of torture" think of just the simple past of which we all know and love Witches. woman and men where torture(my favorite being stone crushing)to confess there "evil" deeds and when they did because saying I'm not a witch(or in your case i don't know where the bomb is)just isn't the right answer. the would knowingly be sentence to public execution and damn to hell.your a prime example of how natural selection is being postponed but we are doom to pay back twice what we have been refusing.

and your whole criminal terrorist thing doesn't even dignify a response

learn economic and government systems your probably one of those people who think the USA is a Democracy too huh?

i know a said i wouldn't post again but again i felt it had to be said
foogered  
24 Jan 2009 17:16 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 2
Licks: 11
Aye, I suppose with the President having been inaugurated almost a week ago it's time to lay this thread to rest.
patleh  
24 Jan 2009 21:27 | Quote
United States
what if it were less extreme, what if it was information to a terrorist group which poses a threat to millions of americans.

i'm not a republican but i would be very mad if obama prosecutes bush of war crimes.
soy.el.che  
24 Jan 2009 23:28 | Quote
Mexico
Lessons: 1
saw a short part of it while in school... dont really care bout inauguration, i believe its mostly useless
madman3123  
25 Jan 2009 06:19 | Quote
United Kingdom
well one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. I don't condone what they do but I dont think you can make a right outa two wrongs America should stop being so arrogant and stop everythin like guantanamo bay
patleh  
25 Jan 2009 10:14 | Quote
United States
i think once we get a few terrorist attacks on our homeland, you people will change your minds about all of this.
madman3123  
25 Jan 2009 11:54 | Quote
United Kingdom
Well the moment I start getting terrorist attacks on my hometown which arent the result of my country sending in troops for a war based on a lie and with no provocation from my country I may think differently, but the moment we are getting attacked and our country went into theirs first I won't think so differently.
patleh  
25 Jan 2009 13:50 | Quote
United States
i'm saying once obama takes all the troops out of the middle east and closes guantanamo bay, then we get terrorist attacks.
RelaxedDude  
25 Jan 2009 15:30 | Quote
United States
@Foogered

I got the tickets a year ago before I knew who was elected, it was for a school trip, lol

Ill try to get some photos up but Im up to my head in homework for missing a week of school, so maybe later
Heather  
26 Jan 2009 05:12 | Quote
United Kingdom
Yeah the whole Bush Administration often sat in that Cadalic too, it;s like tradition now.

I watched. I think mainly because people made a big deal out of it then I did. It was nice to see the civil rights movement veteren during it, I was glad he got to see the day. He was so happy. I like how fast a country has changed positivly. I hope he can tackle guns, he'll have a job banning them.
brodyxhollow  
26 Jan 2009 06:23 | Quote
United States
obamas not banning guns. he never had that intention because it would never happen. he does, however, want to decrease the flow of ammunition on the street, so there is talk about raising the taxes of ammunition
1 2

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.