Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

New song up

Band Promotion
Guitarslinger124  
23 Dec 2008 13:58 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 12
Licks: 42
Hey guys...i just uploaded a remake of an older song of mine called "Beautiful Crow" at myspace.com/lanny124 check it out and lemme know what you think.
BodomBeachTerror  
23 Dec 2008 14:09 | Quote
Canada
Lessons: 2
Licks: 1
very Dream Theater/..and justice for all, like. i could barely hear the solos though. and it seemed like the drums were off at the start
Guitarslinger124  
23 Dec 2008 14:21 | Quote
United States
drumming isnt exactly my strong point hehe...but i try. ive havent much time to learn because the army has kept be too busy but i plan on practicing more when i get the chance.
Ozzfan486  
23 Dec 2008 14:56 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
Dude, thats insane. I really like the songs man. I added ya.

Ozz
JazzMaverick  
23 Dec 2008 15:12 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Man I can hear some amazing vocals to "The Devil Knows My Name" I definitely like it. But since there aren't any lyrics in it is does sort of feel like it goes on for too long, the repetition. None the less, it's a great track.

Beautiful Crow, drums are a bit over the top - simplify the beginning because it sounds too busy. Or don't have drums in the beginning, then break into the heavy part. Leads them into picturing something enchanting, then comes the element of surprise.

Check out Bal-Sagoth for that kind of idea. They've got some epic tracks, main one i'm thinking of at the moment is "The Fallen Kingdoms of the Abyssal Plain" Basically goes into some amazing hard music, then breaks of into soft melodies. (opposite to your track but it might give you an idea). I think you added keys around the middle, making it more of a backing but i think it makes it too full, see what it sounds like without them.

Insomnia - good track, I think this is my favourite. It reminds me of something though I can't place what.

No Where To Go - I like the reverb, actually this track reminds me a guilty gear (GG, GGX, GGXX, etc.). Pretty awesome. You have something deep roaring in the background and I can't place what it is, any clues?

Some Girls Like It Rough - slight mess up at the beginning, but overall I like this track.

Where do you get your influences from?
Guitarslinger124  
23 Dec 2008 15:22 | Quote
United States
thanks for the input maverick! im not much of a vocalist so all my songs are instrumental. I got a lot going on in "No where to go"...you're probably hearing strings in the background...its an old song so i cant tell you exactly whats goin on there hehe.

my influences include, dimebag darrel (as far as leads are concerned), kamelot, symphony x, yellow jackets, opeth, fourplay...i like to create as many different textures as i can within one song, sometimes, like you said, its get to be a little too much but most importantly i just like to have fun with what im playing.

i have a few more songs posted at showcaseyourmusic.com/rshred

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.