Home | Scales | Tuner | Forum

I need some help.

Technique
Ozzfan486  
3 Oct 2008 20:01 | Quote
United States
Licks: 1
Will someone please help me with all this Ionian, Lycrian, etc. Stuff? I've been playing since January and have been taught the basics and some more advanced stuff but not this. Help?
Phip  
3 Oct 2008 20:06 | Quote
United States
Lessons: 1
You need to spend some time looking at the lessons on this site. I am about to do this myself. Bodom, Jazzmaveric, baud, afroraven, and others can tell you which lessons to start on. I'll be checking to see what they say because i'm ready now to spend some time studying. (there's going to be a pop quiz on friday. shhhh)
Phip
Ozzfan486  
3 Oct 2008 20:07 | Quote
United States
Hehehe. I actually peeked my interest on it by looking at one of Afro's lessons about five minutes ago. lol.
JazzMaverick  
4 Oct 2008 09:06 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 24
Licks: 37
Yeah, there are a lot of good lessons on here.

To get an idea of the modes from the major scale... they're all the major scale but starting on a different note within the major scale.

So the second note in the major scale is Dorian,
the third; Phrygian,
fourth; Lydian,
fifth; Mixolydian,
sixth; Aeolian (the minor scale),
and seventh; Locrian.

Because each of these start on a different note within the major scale, they each create their own different sound.

I can also recommend my lessons if you're interested. Though I really like how Afro explains it in his lessons.

You should take a look at all of them when you have time, that way you can understand it by hearing different explinations from loads of people.
Ozzfan486  
4 Oct 2008 10:15 | Quote
United States
Thanks Jazz.
Afro_Raven  
4 Oct 2008 12:08 | Quote
United Kingdom
Lessons: 1
I love how you're all using the word 'lessons', when I have in fact written only one! Cheers folks, it makes me feel way more important! I have been meaning to write a lesson for a while on harmonic minor modes and I've also got a really good ear training lesson in the pipeline, but these days it's just finding the time...

Afro

Copyright © 2004-2017 All-Guitar-Chords.com. All rights reserved.